Sunday, 4 June 2017

Coming to America.....


This weeks post opens with Erin reading her diary, post being rescued, and singing along to a melody sung by Mr Neil Diamond whilst he was travelling.........

"Far
I've been lost and travelled far
Without a home
But not without the stars
Free
Only want to be free
We huddled close
My kitts and me
Hung on to the dream

Dodging cars and pain
Looking to a safe Rescue
Never looking back again
Looking for a safe Rescue

Hope it seems so far away
Oh we travelling light these days
Into the eye of a storm maybe
Into the eye of a storm maybe

Home, to a new shiny palace,
Make our beds and say our grace
Into freedoms light so warm
Into freedoms light so warm

Everywhere around the world
They're coming to be Rescued
Every time an arms unfurled
A life's been Rescued

Got a dream to take them there
They're coming to be rescued
Got a dream I want to share
They're coming to be Rescued

They're coming to be Rescued
They're coming to shelters
They're coming to be Rescued
They're coming to be alive and safe
Today, today, today, today, today

My country, my dream 'tis of thee
Today
Sweet hope of Life and Liberty
Today
Of thee I sing
Today
Life and Liberty..."


Oh my, how far I've come.

Life on the streets to Princess, and blogger of International fame, with such awesome pals across the globe. But most importantly, and something I take most seriously, I have a life and a home and my health.

OK, so maybe I have a few habits post adoption, like a small issue about cream supply, and worse still, an errant haphazard peep to guide through life problems, not to mention all the bad cooking, but for all that, Mr Diamond sums it up pretty good, for a peep that is. Purrs

I wish I was going to America, to BlogPaws, alas these things must be as they are and I have to send peep over in my stead.

Risky business that, I hear you say, and you would be right given the peep is liable to get lost at the UK airport and be found just in time to make the flight home.

But I think we have got things sorted, and by the time you read this, peep will be under an armed guard, supplied by none other than Bionic Basil's P.A. and should be safely ensconced at BlogPaws ready for the fight home. With any luck they'll keep peep locked in the room to avoid getting lost at Myrtle Beach.

Should peep get loose, to keeping an eye on things, I have a cunning plan, and have been tinkering in the Palace labs, which are nothing to do with canines, and have created Erin Version 0.5 Well she is half the size and not quite as attractive, though she does have a lot of me in her.

V0.5, or 'ER' as I now call her, has promised to keep me updated and keep peep from causing general havoc!

Ah well, I can but hope. Mouses!

Now talking of peep, I wonder where......

PEEEEEP!

PEEEEEEP!

What you up to down there? I hope it doesn't involve any thoughts of cooking lunch or making sandwiches for your trip? Food is the last thing YOU should be thinking of, I mean you won't get into those new clothes if you eat anything else this week.

They will feed you too, you know, when you get to the conference. Apparently there are so many shops in the airport alone that you can eat a different flavour mouse every day for a month, and still have some extra for snacks.

Whats that, ol' squirrel cheeked one, you're packing your case? Already?

OK, fair point. By the time readers read this you'll have packed and come home so you will need the practice, so I guess that's OK.

Umm, if you're practicing packing to come home, have you packed anything for me? Like a present? or maybe a souvenir? A little something from The United States, maybe some super fine premium nip? or some special cream? I hear them there cows have so much grass and sunshine the cream comes out sunny side up, all golden yellow... can't wait to try that!

What's that ol' chubby one, that refers to eggs you say?

REALLY! Cows that give eggs AND cream? WOW! These Americans sure do think of everything.

Mind you, you wouldn't want one of them running around too much before milking time else you'd just get a supply of omelets. Mouses!

Anyways, I don't want you binge eating whilst you're there. No point me slaving away getting you fit, spending hours devising regimes to tone those... er... what are those things again?

Muscles, you say? You could have fooled me, more like a jelly convention!

Anyhow, I'm downgrading your status to half fit, just to give you a head start for when you come back..... though maybe I'm being a tad generous?

OK lets be honest you're nowhere near fit enough, which is why I'm having those Alpacas delivered for you chase and fitted up.

Well it's that, and so they can keep the grass tidy, seeing as you just can't mow straight and keep leaving strange patterns on the front lawn. In fact it's got so bad I had enquires from aliens wishing to park up for the night.

Which to be fair I don't mind of course, being an International Star sort of a Princess with an open door policy and all. And as they say, one martians currency is as good as another. Down side is, foreign food really doesn't agree with the Kraken's digestion. Mouses!

So, to keep you on track, I've instructed ER to supervise all your activities whilst you're away. She'll be with you at conference, and will steer you to all the healthy options for dining.... and make sure you pick up hints and recipes, and as much nip... er... useful culinary ingredients, as you can. Purrs

What?

WHAT!

You CAN'T be serious!

Really?  Class 1 feline drug AND a possible botanical and environmental risk!

What do they think I'm going to be doing, planting it? Heck if I could grow nip mouses by planting them I'd have done that years ago!

Oh well, looks like it'll be a very sparse summer for me. Mouses!

Hang on, maybe if I contact Santa he could give me an advance on my Christmas present, just a bit to tide me over.

In fact now I think about it, I heard Australia and New Zealand have their Christmas in the summer, so all I need is to move the blog over there and jobs done.

Hmm... does seem like a long way to go and they do have some pretty ferocious spiders out that way. And I dare say I'll not be able to get peep to fly that far even if it was for a pizza and a bottle of vino.


I wonder, maybe I could use one of the stamps from peeps collection and glue it on a postcard and send that to Santa and just say I'm visiting Australia and to forward all nip to the Palace.

What's that peepers, Christmas is at the same time each year but it's the seasons are different?

What! You mean they've moved a whole three month season just to have nice weather for Santa? Blimey, what a guy, he sure does have some clout to do that. But to be fair, all that snow and rain must play havoc with his arthritis, so must be nice at the end of the shift to end up somewhere warm. Purrs

Mind you, got to have been a real shock for those migrating birds, turning up and finding they had to hang around for the seasons to get put back in place. I wonder if the got a refund on their air fare? Purrs

Talking of discounts, seems like it's cheaper to send just luggage than have a seat on the plane.

How flexible are you peeps? There's no way I could get you into the small case and into the overhead locker, nothings built THAT strong, but if you curl up, I reckon you could fit in the large suitcase and we can ship you via the hold.

With what I save on fare, I could get that new electric cow creamer. You know the one, raise the tail and the cream comes out the udders in a variety of flavours, including seasonal Spiced Mouse, and Niptini! Now that would be a treat for Santa. Purrs

No? Oh well just a thought.

Right, peep, no point sitting here chatting, I have work do and a blog to finish, mice to chase, and sleep to catch up on, though not necessarily in that order!

Thing is, I just can't think what to call this weeks post.........









A note from the Editor:-  I am pleased to confirm that ER v0.5, with Bionic Basil's P.A. and flat Basil, with peep, made it safely to America. 
Much fun was had, and MANY new friendships made. And then as quickly as things had started, and as these things must be, many sad and fond farewells had to be said. 
Peep, with the help of new pals Sandy Sandler and service dog, Vivee, made it home again too, so I now have someone to open the long life cream... well those opposable thumbs have to be some use, don't they?!

                                                                ~~~~~~~~~~~





It's Sunday Selfie time!



Please join me now as we enter the Sunday Selfies hosted by the fantastic 

Kitties Blue: XOCK, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Angel Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth, Calista Jo, and Cooper Murphy, from The Cat on My Head blog 












The Sunday selfies is a wonderful weekly celebration of blogs and bloggers from across the world, and shares stories and pictures for others to enjoy. 


Why not join the fun, by adding the code, from our hosts, a link is on their page, and posting your own selfie.



This week I have been trying to demonstrate to peep how best to fit into a suitcase, or a hat box, dependant on whether you plan to go by air or postal service... Of course if you go by sea, this is a great position for getting comfortable in those circular floating beds they supply, or life belts as you peeps call them...


To see what all our pals have been up to this week, please click the links/images below, and enjoy the HOP!







45 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your peep made it home safely from BlogPaws. Somehow we missed meeting each other. Mouses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh NO! Sorry about that. I will have ER v0.5 make sure next time that we have a flag to wave or similar. Purrs, Erin

      Delete
  2. That BlogPaws thing was lots of fun, or so I hear Erin. I had to send a Flat Me sitter for the Dad, but the reports we're too bad. Hey, you sure caught a great comfy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brian. I think I'll be taking a flat me too, next year, twice the me twice the fun. ALSO I should get a better report back, as peep was useless. MOL
      Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  3. Sounds like ER did a good job and got your peep safely back home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. I was hoping for maybe some sort of trade in deal, but alas best I could have hoped for was a flat peep. Still, I will have better chance of being fed by the real one rather than a flat.
      Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  4. Hey Erin, sadly that epically epic BP adventure came to a close, but I think next year the peeps should extend their trips, so we can have more pawtys, more nip, more cream and let the krakens eat more mail-persons and pawparazzi peeps #bestfuneffur #extendedBPVaycay we should vote on it right? MOL MOL

    Bestest purrs

    Basil & Co xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Basil. Yes definitely more nip parties. Thing is, do we have to send them so far? I men if they just got stuck on the M25 it would be far cheaper. MOL
      Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  5. Erin, you crack me up! Your poor peep sure got lots of jokes at his expense. It's good to hear your peep had such a good time at BlogPaws. I bet you got lots of fun things judging by some of those swag bags we've seen.

    Your picture is a great demo on how to curl oneself but peeps don't stand a chance. Most are just way too stiff. You look pretty in all your pics.

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Alas I got a nip nanna, and that was it. BUT I did donate everything else to a charity, and that is all that matters to me.
      Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  6. Mee-you you had mee at Pizza ERin Purrincess....mew mew mew....
    An yur curly Quu selfie iss purrfect; just like you! An not onlee are you purrty yur berry wise. UMee can not believe you were once homeless an unluvved! havin our own littul Palace'ss an Hu'man slaves iss wunderfull an mee not take that fur granted either!
    ~~~head rubsss~~~ Siddhartha Henry~~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Prince Siddhartha Henry, I do blush, and you are so kind. Being homeless is no small thing, but then going to our Palace makes me quite grateful for what I have, and also realise what others do not.
      Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  7. Erin glad your peep had such a good time at BP!!!
    Your photos are as always terrific!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I tries to get the pictures right, but alas sometimes I just have to have a nap, to make up for time on the estate. Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Such anxiety at travelling then a wonderful time, with so little time to relax as so many wonderful things to do!
      Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  9. Oh squirrel-cheeked one...

    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

    I laughed so much at that, I had to use the little boys room, if you know what I mean. MOUSES!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, I bet I'm in the dog house again! But very pleased you enjoyed the ride.
      Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  10. I am glad your Peep enjoyed BlogPaws. I wish I had been there too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Auntie Ellen. Thank you so much for thinking of us and my blankie... I hope we will all get to meet one day too, and share the whole conference experience.
      Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  11. Erin, we hear your peep did a great job. We didn't get reports about our mom, though. I hope she didn't embarrass us too much! We're glad the peep made it home, and we hope lots of goodies got through customs. Our mom is so glad she made a new friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Lola, I can safely say your mom was brilliant and it was great for my crew to meet her and have a chat. Though peep really should have taken notes about everything as I am still none the wiser about American mousing practices. Mouses!
      Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  12. MOL! Glad your peep had fun at Blogpaws!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It is a wonderful experience for the novice traveller, and attendee.
      Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  13. I love your song, and even better your packing pose! You had a lot of fun AND made fast friends. A lovely post.

    Well done Peep!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I hope next time will be even better as we will get to meet you too :)
      Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  14. Glad to hear you peep had fun at BlogPaws!

    Purrs xx
    Athena and Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, definitely fun by all though the travelling was exhausting and the air con a major pain. Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  15. We like your sleepy selfie, Erin. Paws up to your peep for making it to BlogPaws. The mom said it was great meeting him. And honestly, Erin, we don't think you'd like to travel that far...best to stay home and take care of things there. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, likewise, my peep was so pleased to meet everyone, including your mom. Trouble is peep has a worse memory than a squirrel and remembering names and places will be interesting come next year. MOLYup I guess unless Seville can whisk me over, I'll be staying solidly planted to the UK.
      Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  16. ERin....we iz havin trubull sneekin round blog land two day; tho we saw yur commint....itz knot two late ta bee a ree croot; just let uz noe what mob name ya want...ya hafta make one up coz we canna use reel names.... case de fedz bust uz !! ☺☺♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK, thank you so much, I shall work on my alias, monica, sobriquet as soon as possible and post it to you in an unmarked envelope... for safety, and I won't sign it either. MOL
      Purrs, ERin

      Delete
    2. Erin...manee thanx for playin a long....sum post arrived short lee ago N we understand ;) ♥♥♥

      Delete
  17. Erin v.05 must've done her job, because your Peep was on his best behavior at all times. And not just best behavior ... but he was his amazing, wonderful self. In fact, meeting him and Basil's Mum was the absolute BEST part of the whole thing. He did you proud, Erin. And you continue to do him proud by being your magnificent (and sarcastic) self :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, thank you, I know peep was very impressed by everyone he met and you where up there too, the BEST, peep said, and the driver for going. Me, sarcastic?..... Hmm, OK maybe just a bit, but peep definitely does deserve it :)
      Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  18. What a sweet little song! I think Neil would approve. I'm so glad your mom had fun at BlogPaws! I was bummed to miss it this year, but I'm hoping to make my big comeback next year!

    Jean from Welcome to the Menagerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I hoped he would and it means so much to my life story, and being rescued, that I do like singing it. Maybe next year, yup, heres to seeing more fabulous pals at Kansas.
      Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  19. OMC, you crack us up, Erin! We loved your song lyrics, and are so glad your peep had such a good time at BlogPaws!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it is one of my FAV tunes and the lyrics are my own (well borrowed from the wonderful Mr Diamond and is writers). Heres to seeing everyone at BlogPaws 2018.
      Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  20. Your song is amazing, Erin, you are THE Miss Diamond for us :) Granny is singing Silent Night throughout the year, so we have a kind of Christmas here at our place daily. Thanks for teaching us this folded suitcase pose, its wordy in suit...case I need it ;) We're also glad that your peep enjoyed BlogPaws, but also that she's home with you again. Double Pawkiss for a wonderful day :) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Binky, thats quite an honour you bestow on me. Silent night is something I'm used to as I hunt at night. though for others in the Palace my escapades re not so welcome.... or so peep protests!
      Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  21. Oh Erin, you are sooooooo bootyful. We're so glad you got gotted and no longer have to live in da streets or worry 'bout your next meal or cream fur dat matter. We're so glad your peep made it to BP and all was well. And of course dat peep made it homw again all safe and sound. Big hugs

    Luv ya'

    Dezi and Raena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you both. Time on the streets is something I try to forget, but I can't escape how it changed my life and old habits die hard. Mind you, new habits such s cream do make up for it, in a way.
      Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  22. I would've loved to meet your peep at BlogPaws! Hopefully your peep will be able to go again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I have booked the peep in for next year so there is a fair chance you can... all being well!
      Purrs, ERin

      Delete