Saturday, 28 May 2016

OH WHAT A WEEK!

Oh what a week!

It all seemed to go completely nuts, and by that I don't mean my squirrel pal called Nutts, kinda nuts, no ma'am that would be acorns kinda nuts after all, and as we all know two T's do not a Nut make. Though two teas do a nice Sunday afternoon tea make, especially if there is cream and scones, or just cream. purrs

Anyways, last week was kinda bonkers..... Hmm... Er.... peeps ol' pal, can I say bonkers? I mean this is a family blog and all.... Hows about Conkers? You know peeps, horse chestnuts, they're very nutty, in fact the whole idea of  horses with nuts is as nutty as squirrels making nut pies, as my great pal Seville always says. Mouses!

Whats that peeps ol' nutty one, horses DO have chestnuts! On their legs? Pull the other one peepers, you know the one with the bells on, which I hasten to add never work. If horses have chestnuts, why don't they have squirrels on their legs too, huh? I mean it stands to reason, where you have nuts you have squirrels.

What! those chestnuts aren't actual nuts, but bits of the leg! I won't be ordering any of those for the Christmas selection. I just had that table varnished and there is no way I want hoof prints on that. Mouses!

Anyways, things this week all took off in a conkery sort of nutty way (and not a squirrel or horse way) at the Palace, when we got the call from our pals about having been selected as Blog Paws Finalists. Well after the dust had settled from the partying, and I do need to have a word with the cleaners about that, it seems like it's all now up to a panel of judges to decide who has won the coveted Blog Paws trophies. purrs

My pal Seville the Gentlecat, over at Nerissa's Life, has on the subject of this very matter a great new and fun post called "Home Improvements with Seville" all about panelling, panels and their installation, and the risks attached thereto. It seems that the tail is particularly vulnerable, especially if one has like my peep, an errant swing. Sort of makes you go Ouch! just thinking about it. Mouses!

Anyways, not one to miss out on a good bit of advice, I had a quick scout around and soon discovered the Palace doesn't have any panelling, not an inch of it, not unless you count the fencing around the estate. Fencing which I have to say is a rather nice nut brown, and does have a few nutty squirrels, though absolutely no horses. purrs

So, as peeps is NOT blessed with any powers of DIY, bar making a cup of coffee, I am rather looking forward to those there judges coming in. In fact the Palace really could do with a bit of a make over, and a spot of oak panelling around the Great Hall and in the master bedrooms would be wonderful.

Mind you, those judges don't seem to have quoted for the job yet, but I think if I can get it in under a dozen mice and a bottle of double cream, it's a bargain. Hmm, whilst they're at it, maybe if I slip them a some of my three year old Mature Canadian Cheddar they could do a spot of painting in the Conference Hall and kitchens, on the side. purrs

Peeps, I think I have a plan. Now what I needs you to do, peeps ol' pal, is to go get the number for those panelling judges at Blog Paws, and then go find me those plans for the proposed extension to the Palace West wing. You know the ones, with the new science labs, and the jacuzzi, to replace the ones that Palace scientist, sorry, EX scientist RIP, accidentally blew up. Who knew the want of an Oxford comma could cause so much damage. Mouses!

OH, and whilst you're at it, can you go to the vaults and check how much three year old Mature Canadian Cheddar we have, I think it may well be a deal clincher. I mean, who can resist a slice of cheese? purrs

In this day and age, an age of electronic communication, us cats really do have it sorted. I mean if I wants to speak to someone to order fresh supplies, I can push a few buttons on this here laptop and send emails, tweets and even Skip my way to folk many miles away. A lot less energy involved, bar the skipping bit, for the busy Princess about town, though to be fair I do try to get around and see my pals when mousing duties permit. purrs

Now apparently there are a lot of meetings where my peep works, and as a result there's a lot of cat erring going on too. Well it doesn't take a genius to figure out peeps must be doing it all wrong, on account of cats seldom err anything, unless its to get the fur dried after a shower, and we don't have any dirty laundry, well not this Princess anyways. purrs

Whats that peep? One word you say? catering is NOT a mistake but food supply you say? Hmm, well I don't know how to break this to you peeps, sort of let you in on a little secret, gentle like, but with your food supply skills this Princess cat is erring on the side of caution and ordering a take away. Mouses!

Anyways, before I was digressed, it seems like all of peeps bosses need to have a get together to say things and give each other presents of ions and so on, and in doing so need errings for cats... sorry... need caterings. So naturally they call upon someone with a cat. Does sort of makes sense I suppose, but I do feel maybe they should have just come to me, cut out the middle peep, get straight to the whiskers as it were.

However, and as I am sure those bosses were aware, behind every good peep there is a better cat Princess, or Gentlecat like my pal Seville, who has taught peep everything I know, and more, and who is ready to give guidance on etiquette, poise and dress sense. Sadly with regards the latter, peeps is still under my instruction and needs extra lessons with regards correct the times to wear baggy jumpers, leggings, and pumps.

So it was hardly a surprise when more of these catering events came our way, and peep was given the job of organizing the tables and chairs and food. Somewhat rudely, and if I say so myself which I do on account of putting it down on this here blog, peeps thought the menu I suggested was a little "lacking in substance and variety". This is clearly an accusation I refute completely as there are many ways to cook a mouse and sparrow, it just so happens that that those with cheese, and or cream or nip are my favourite. purrs

Simple fare is always best, so for those tired executives I thought the best way to garner food appreciation would be to work up an appetite. How better I thought than to have a team building exercise where they could catch their own lunches, build a campfire and sing songs to raise the spirits. purrs

OK, so how was I to know that setting fire to historic old furniture on the 8th floor of a historical old building is against the fire regulations, huh? I mean peeps does it all the time to the Palace furniture and rugs, and does anyone bat an eyelid? Well not that I have seen, though that could be because the bats are in the East wing storage area, behind the science labs. But had they eyelids on that scene, and had they seen a scene of peeps hunting mice and setting fire to furniture, and rugs in the pursuit of campfire fare and camaraderie, I'm sure they wouldn't be at all shocked. I mean there are worse things to see around the Palace, but best not mention peep in those leggings, again. purrs

Well, for every sensei (that's me) there comes a moment such as this when the grasshopper (that's peep, and no reference to the legs!) becomes the one whom challenges the Iron Maiden. Hmm... that doesn't sound right.

Err... peeps ol' fruit, what's it called when you challenge the norm? and by challenge the norm I don't mean what you did the other day to Norm the garden Gnome when you'd lost your contact lenses and thought it was an intruder. I mean, who in their right mind goes fishing when in the off season, and in that hat like that. Mouses!

Whats that? Status quo you say? and its not the Whom but the WHO you say! Well I'm not entirely certain how two cult classic rock bands and a Time travelling genius fit in to the catering theme of this here blog, but one thing's for sure, I'm sure they wouldn't say no to a selection of my finest deep fried mice with cheese dip, just the sort of food those growing lads need. purrs

***** Later that same day *****

Er... peeps, if its not too difficult a question, why is the Palace full of biscuits and orange squash? I know the mousing has been a bit lean of late on account of a certain problem of a personal nature in the water department, which I hasten to add has nothing to do with that rather unfortunate incident with the new fountain like device you had installed in bathroom No.3, but there's really no need to resort to biscuits. I mean the place is full of them. I even saw some on the sofa, MY sofa. Mouses!

What! This is hospitality, you say? Hmm, so what you're saying is those poor, tired, and hungry peeps, leaders of industry, will have nothing to eat but biscuits, and squash? Mouses! No wonder the nation is on the brink of ruin and obesity!

What's that? they're not just any old biscuits, but Custard Creams and Bourbon Creams you say. Right.... maybe there needs to be a re-evaluation of your training grassho.... Hang on a mo! did you say Custard Creams and Bourbon Creams? I mean, Custard and Bourbon with the emphasis on the CREAMS?

You DID!

Hmm, I think it's time for your assessment... Peeps ol' fruit, I'll be conducting your annual monthly surprise spot check review, in five minutes. Meet me under the sofa and bring some packs of the those Custard creams, as an example of course. Second thoughts, better bring some of the Bourbon's too. OK? good!

Actually, there's no need for you to come as clearly you'll be way too busy arranging camp fires and such like for those tired leaders of Industry. I will just have to shoulder the responsibility myself, for the sake of quality control, a sort of blind tasting as it were. So turn off the lights on the way out will you, OH, and tell the chef not to wait up, I may be some time! purrs





I made it to the Finals of the Blog Paws Nose to Nose Awards, and I am in some GREAT company. Mouses!

Best Pet Humor Blog Finalists:

&
Erin the Cat (Princess)   (that's me!)

Want to meet other GREAT Blog Paws Finalists? Just click here.


IT's Sunday Selfie Time! Hosted by our great pals, the Kittes Blue over on the The Cat on My Head.





I'm entering this picture in today's selfies, have a wonderful sunny Sunday....


54 comments:

  1. That catering sounds like way too much work sweet Erin! Well, now that I think about it, there are 7 of us and we do prefur to be catered to daily!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brian, sounds like catering in your palace is spot on. Here, due to the chef keeping non feline hours, catering is a bit erratic. So I end up with a paws on approach, namely if I can approach a mouse and put my paws on it, it's mine. purrs ERin

      Delete
  2. Those humans. So confusing. Just this week, I learned that "firing" doesn't ACTUALLY involve fire. And those e-mail in your canned and processed meat folder? Cougar, booty call, another name for a cat ... my Momma won't tell me what the words mean to those silly humans and instead tells me not to use those words in polite company. Why can't humans just say what they mean without these words with hidden and confusing meanings? Cat erring. Hmph. AS IF! ~Bear Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peeps say so many things and so many things have so many meanings it's not surprising the get confused! Keep it simple I say... nip mice sparrows and Cream not necessarily in that order or all together (pardon my lack of comma's I seem to have run out of Oxford comma's)! purrs ERin

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Erin, we are so excited for you. You definetely have a lot of humour :D We almost can't wait to hear about the outcome. Good Luck Pawkisses for a Happy Sunday :) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, and thank you! Well I can confirm after many hours labor under the sofa, those packets aren't as easy to get into as you may think! Worse still the cream wasn't proper cream, or taste of Bourbon. Mouses! June will be an interesting month, for sure. purrs ERin

      Delete
  5. Hope you have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Jeanne, you too. purrs ERin

      Delete
  6. That's a great profile selfie, Erin. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi guys, and thank you. I like profile shots, especially if there are some sparrows outside the window to flavor the scene, as it were. purrs ERin

      Delete
  7. You look very purretty Erin, and Concats. Enjoy dat cream.

    Luv ya'

    Dezi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Dezi, great to see you. The cream was tasty but not as nice as the liquid sort. Also the bourbon creams had no bourbon in it, which I have asked Miss Description to have a look at ASAP! purrs ERin

      Delete
  8. Congratulations on being a finalist. We think this is the first time we've visited your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello and lovely to see you, I hope you like the blog and our day to day shenanigans, or as peeps would describe it... OK I cant actually say what peeps describes it as but I assure you it is as we live it, especially the cream and the mice, oh and the custard creams! purrs ERin

      Delete
  9. Congratulations on being a finalist! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello and thank you my friends, it is quite an honor to have been selected and everyone has been so supportive. I'm with a great group of fellow bloggers so anything could happen, but win or lose I'll be ordering in some extra cream and nip for the party. purrs ERin

      Delete
  10. Conkatulayshunss ERin thee Purrincess Kittygurl!!! Wee iss so-o happy fur you an yur Mumma!!!!
    An yur selfiess are ALL beeuteefull....
    ***paw kissesss*** Siddhartha Henry xxxxx an {{{hugs}}} LadyMum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's wonderful to see you all, and thank you for your congratulations. We tries our best on the selfies but peeps isnt too good with telephones, let alone cameras so when they come together it can be a question of a call rather than a picture! purrs & paw kisses. ERin

      Delete
  11. Hello Dezi, great to see you. The cream was tasty but not as nice as the liquid sort. Also the bourbon creams had no bourbon in it, which I have asked Miss Description to have a look at ASAP! purrs ERin

    ReplyDelete
  12. MOL..You sure have interesting things happening about your house. The nut question still remains a question to us. We've seen A squirrel and I'm told he has a family but I've never seen them. He runs along the overhead wires with the cheezies he's stolen. Guess his family likes the cwappy cheesey taste.

    I am delighted you have been nominated for an award. Go for it my friend and good luck.

    Shoko

    http://canadiancats.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shoko. Stolen Cheezies you say... hmm be careful as thats how it starts. One day it will be your cheezies then next it's your cheddar. Mouses! PS Nuts are often the least nutty things around this Palace, I can assure you, but no one ever said living with peeps would be easy! purrs ERin

      Delete
  13. I am sorry that your peeps didn't take your suggestions for the cat-ering. Congratulations on your well-deserved nomination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Phoebe, and thank you, it is a great honor to be up there. As to the food, I just hope at blog paws they haven't asked my peep to cater! as there just isn't any more room at the Palace for more biscuits! purrs ERin

      Delete
  14. Concats on being a finalist!
    You have got my mum yearning for bourbon creams. She said she hasn't had them for years and is now feeling deprived.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Flynn, it is quite an honor I can tell you. If I win I have insisted that peeps DOESN'T do the catering for the party. It'll be cheese nip and cream all round. PS I can post you off a crate or two of Bourbon Creams if you wish, we still have plenty spare in the Palace. purrs ERin

      Delete
  15. Oh my CAT what a kerfuffle. Poor Pppe must've been run ragged. I hope this settle down soon for you both!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dash, peeps is recovering in bed from Custard cream overload. In a week or two should be back to normal weight. purrs ERin

      Delete
  16. Oh my mouses, Erin. The catering and the erring made me think of HERRING and then I thought, what better to go with that herring than some cream!!! Another amazingly fun post, for sure. Purrs, Seville.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Seville. Herring you say, with cream you say! Well sounds like I better hire Norm the gnomes fishing skills. I wonder if that's what peep meant by I need a Herring Aid... Er... PEEEEPS!

      Delete
  17. Have a restful weekend and huge Concatulations on your Finalist title!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Thank You all, much appreciated, it is quite a thing for little ol' me. I hope you have an awesome weekend yourselves. purrs purrs ERin

      Delete
  18. What a beautiful selfie!! Congratulations on your nomination!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi all and thank you, much appreciated. The nomination is something we wear with pride, for all our fellow bloggers and pals that helped us get to where we are. Have a WONDERFUL day purrs purrs ERin

      Delete
  19. What a beautiful selfie and congratulations on your nomination!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi all and thank you, much appreciated. The nomination is something we wear with pride, for all our fellow bloggers and pals that helped us get to where we are. Have a WONDERFUL day purrs purrs ERin

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great pics and selfie!

    Purrs xx
    Athena and Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, and thank you. purrs purrs XX ERin

      Delete
  22. Hey Erin, sounds like your week has been nuttier than a forest full of squirels!! MOL

    Cute pics today <3 <3 <3

    Purrs

    Basil & Co xox

    P.S. did mew tell Seville about the pawty yet? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Basil! Thankfully peeps has had a few days off to recover from all those meetings, and so the Palace is now a biscuit and nut and nutty squirrel free zone! You know I can't remember which pawty it was? Help me out on that will you, I think the whole blog paws thing is getting to me. I think I need some nip! purrs Erin

      Delete
  23. We love your selfie, Erin. Mommy is going to have her paws crossed at BlogPaws for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Lola, it was a good day to take the picture. Thank your mom too, I think I will need to have many paws crossed for the next few weeks, and doubt I will be able to let peeps get any rest come 25th June! purrs Erin

      Delete
  24. Great profile selfie, Erin! And congratulations again on being a finalist. So well-deserved! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it was a nice morning when we took that. I am not yet over the surprise of it all, and need to take daily quantities of cream to help. I say I need to, but sadly peeps says not so I am forced to have Custard creams instead. Mouses!

      Delete
  25. ERin...speekin oh panelin & mouse.....if ewe haza pile full oh oak timberz, & ya had a few coals......mice will seer up grate a long with a side oh gardin greenz at bout 375 degreez for 11 minits....{ tern once at minit 7 } ☺☺☺ hope yur week izza grate one & 984 paws crossed for ewe on yur award ~~ ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you all, with all those paws crossed I will have a great chance! That's the first recipe anyone has sent me, love it! I've plenty of coal and maybe soon some spare oak so will definitely give it a go. Not sure on the greens but I do have dried nip! purrs from your pal, ERin

      Delete
  26. A big congratulations to you and the other category nominees! Love your selfie, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You my friends, it is an inspiring group to be in, they are all good folk and every one a winner! purrs ERin

      Delete
  27. Never a dull moment, Erin!! ; )
    You have a lovely profile...such a pretty and thoughtful selfie.
    And BIG congratulations on being named a finalist in the Nose to Nose awards! It's such an honor to share the humor category with so many talented and funny cats.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you, Palace life can be all go at times, usually peeps goes to work and I go to sleep! Hasten to add I work shifts! Blog Paws awards are quite something, and it is truly wonderful to be in the company that I find myself, life does not come much better than this, well not unless cream is involved. Purrs ERin XOX

    ReplyDelete
  29. Well Erin you know I am over the moon and back to have you in the finalist for a BP award and your very first year of blogging at that!! You deserve those custard cream biscuits!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Savannah, I really do appreciate your support, it has been quite a journey the last year, and not all good. But with friends things are always better! PS I'm all out of the Custard Creams so back onto the single cream. purrs

      Delete
  30. By the way, totally luvluvluv your new blog header and overall castle decor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, Thank You. It's good to see the Ol' place, Palace, looking spot on... and we'll be doing an extension too, a gallery I think... modern art and poetry, and maybe mice. purrs your pal. ERin

      Delete