Wednesday, 8 June 2016

CHEERS!!

Peeps! PEEPS!....I have an idea!

What you looking at me like that for, I do have good ideas you know!

In fact way better than yours, need I remind you about the Palace Feline Flap Failure fiasco? Its in my diary under "WHAT'S IT ALL ABOUT?" I still have the bruises from that you know. Mouses!

Anyways, you know how we are nominees, finalists in this years Blog Paws Nose to Nose Awards for Best humor blog?.... you know? Just THE Social media blogging event of the year! Peeps have you not been reading anything I emailed you? Just nod your head will you... OK?

Well the Awards are the highlight of the calendar, the blogging equivalent of the Oscars, and by that I don't mean Oscar the Shih Tzu that lives down the road! The only Oscar that chap will be up for is best LOUD voice over! Mouses!

No what I was getting to is, win or lose we potentially will be having loads of guests round for drinks after the ceremony in Phoenix. So my idea, courtesy of my pal in New Zealand that suggested it, is.... Hmm actually it's their idea, so technically it should be their, my brilliant idea. Anyhow the idea was, hows about we spruce things up? Not that I'm keen on spruce, I'd rather have oak or a walnut, but definitely no nuts, or squirrels. Mouses!

This sprucing, think of it as a spa day, but I don't mean a spa day and pampering, no ma'am, that really isn't needed for me as I'm soft and fluffy enough already... though I could maybe do with my nails doing and possibly a facial? OK so a spa day would be good, but really I don't think a day would be enough to do the work you nee... er... to help you relax enough. purrs

Anyways what my Kiwi pal suggested was, why don't we give my blog and the Palace a make over. We are finalists after all, and have appearances to maintain and the Palace reputation to uphold. I mean the Palace could do with a lick of paint and the lions definitely need a haircut. Nothing worse than having the postman savaged by an unkempt Lion, what would the neighbours think. Mouses!

So to get the ball rolling I put together a list of things I need, or would like to need. There were also a few things that I might want, but which maybe should be I need, or would like to need. Either way I'm flexible. purrs

Alas as I can't have either Smell-O-Vision or Taste-O-Vision it seems like my Nip and Cream theme has to go on hold, so I have had to resort to plan B.

Over to you peeps ol' pal, enlighten me, what's plan B?

What! what you mean why ask me? Well I don't know why you're asking me, I thought you had that, I mean you're the Backup. purrs

OK, don't panic, in case of peep plan B failure, plan P comes into effect. Whats plan P, I hear you say? well I'm glad you asked me, as I actually know this. P is for.... Plan, Palace, Pictures, Pretty, Pink, Poetry and Prose and Possums!

Er, strike the possums, I don't know how they got in there, did you invite them peeps? No? well I
 think we will have to have words with the Palace security. purrs

Anyways having got plan P, I think we best start with the basics and get someone who knows what they're doing, has a long record of success and loves working with colour and personalities. Hmm I think I know just the guy to call! purrs

****** A short conversation later ******

*CLICK* Hmm. seems like Sir Elton John DOESN'T do blog design, on account of being on tour, and being a pop star, so his manager pointed me to Ann Adamus over at Zoolatry.com who has the gift for design, and poetry too. Best give her ring and see if she is free and able to take on the challenge, I mean there is a lot of painting to do. Mouses!

                                            *******************************

Well dear readers all that happened just a few days ago, and before you I now stand, in my new Palace. And what a Grand new Palace it is too, and ALL thanks to Ann over at Zoolatry, who beavered away, day and night, through rain, sleet, snow, and drought. You know I really must get the kitchen plumbing sorted. purrs

Anyways, she managed to get everything looking spick and span, sparkling and... er... peeps, what goes with sparkling?

What's that? Niptini's! Well I don't mind if I do, thank you very much, I think the first round's on you.  purrs

I hope you enjoy the Palaces new look. CHEERS!!










32 comments:

  1. Oops. We didn't wait for the "official" announcement before we shared your re-design with the world on our page. We love the re-design!!! LOVE. ALMOST as much as Bear loves tasty whole chickens. No offense. Bear would throw Momma over for tasty whole chickens. Anycluck. Erin finally has a gorgeous page to rival her beauty. Very proper palace for a pretty princess. Bear is considering a move. Especially if your palace has chickens. <3 Momma and Bear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You, Ann has done a wonderful job, inspired in fact, like the spires on the South wing. On the subject of wings, tasty whole chickens tend not to make it to the Palace, though I do have a gourmet range of mice and sparrows, rats, rabbits, and pigeons. purrs

      Delete
  2. Your blog looks most terrific and Ann did a wonderful job indeed, worthy of a Princess!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Brian, when she said she needed a brief, I thought I was in trouble as I am seldom that! But she has worked wonders. purrs

      Delete
  3. It's such a lovely new palace! She's really captured your princessness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Thank You... I feel my princessness growing each time I tour the Palace. Am very proud of Ann's work. purrs

      Delete
  4. Erin the Palace make-offur is pawsitively sublime, utter purrfection! Cheers!

    Purrs

    Basil & Co xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Basil, sublime sounds yummy, a nip green sort of yummy for sure. I think I need to hold a ball or something, what you think? purrs

      Delete
  5. Princess Erin, the Palace looks wonderful! That Ann sure is talented and nice, isn't she?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann has been wonderful, and got a real feel for what I wanted and needed, right from the outset. Talented and inspired and lovely! purrs

      Delete
  6. OH MY MOUSES! Erin, your blog is looking FANTABULOUS!!! Wow-oh-wow-oh-WOW. It's amazing. PURRfect for you. Fit for a princess, for sure. Is Liz coming to visit? Bet she does. Bet she does when she hears 'bout this. MOUSES!

    Purrs,
    Seville

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to get the invites out ASAP. I am hoping we can get the Palace entered in this years social scene, maybe host a few balls? Liz, being an ER (like me) will of course be guest of honor and take the High Table, with yourself and I. I have asked in my birthdays honors list, that you get a knighthood, or the Order of the Nip or both... If you come maybe she will dub you there and then? purrs

      Delete
  7. And when Liz DOES visit, might I suggest serving nip scones with clotted cream, nip tea and perhaps a nip mouse or two just for fun. purrs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm best order in, as the chef will no doubt panic and run off, and peeps cooking scones? well lets just say rock would be more palatable! purrs from your pal ERin

      Delete
  8. You look brilliant, I come and look and beam at your blog :-) I am so proud of my friend Erin and her dad and a huge thank you to Ann for a bog design that is perfection itself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great transformation, Ann has worked wonders and the Palace has never looked so good. Now if I can find someone to work on peep!....

      Delete
  9. Dougie Dog has laid down his sword, Zoey is dusting off her tiara ... both are ready (we think?) to enter the palace ... to bend a knee before The Princess and say THANK YOU for the wonderful "paws up" you shared here, and thank you for the honor of allowing us to decorate your palace!
    Now ~ some tea 'n' cream, purr-please ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ann, you are all welcome to visit the Palace, and no standing on ceremony needed for my pals! Now as to tea, would that be single double or whipping cream with that? purrs ERin

      Delete
  10. Ohhhhh I thought Miss Ann was your decorator of choice. She does the best work ever on palace redoes. Luvluvluv the new you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Savvy! Thank you, it is a wonder to behold. I'm sure Elton won't mind me saying but I am so pleased Ann was available to take charge of the restorations etc. Even the spiders in bathroom four have coordinated swags and tails on their webs! purrs from your pal. ERin

      Delete
  11. my stars girl, your new palace design is simply FABulous in every sense of the word and I daresay pink is SO your color and maggy and zoey at Zoolatry did a FANTASTIC job on your palace page and it's totally YOU, you ERin the cat princess and I know of what I speak as I too am royalty as well, dai$y queen of cats royalty of trout towne and queen of the run on sentence also as an exta side bonus and now I must needs a nap though a SPA day does sound awesome so I send you hugs for a magnificent weekend ♥♥♥ dai$y =^..*=

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Daisy, the colour scheme is just right, love it. We must do lunch, possibly breakfast and tea too if you have time. In fact maybe we can do a spa day together, just us girls. I will ask HRH ER, to see if she will come too, she is bound to want some time away from those Corgis.! Happy weekend to you all, purrs ERin

      Delete
  12. The palace is looking great now, Erin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks guys. It's all down to gaving a great designee. purrs ERin

      Delete
  13. That is just a wonderful new look Erin. Ann is the best at doing redecorating. It looks fantastic. You all have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marg! Thanks for stopping by, and yes ANN is a real star doing Palace make-overs... I just wish she could sort peeps out! purrs ERin

      Delete
  14. Erin, your new palace is fit for a Princess! I love the graphics, and my sister Dori says she loves the color. She loves anything in the pink scheme. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Purrs! Herman TattleCt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Herman.... you and Dori are most welcome to pop by, anytime. purrs ps If I need a detective, you'll be my No.1 choice ! ERin

      Delete
  15. Your new header and blog design is fit for a princess. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Phoebe, glad you like how the Palace looks. It was a big decision but glad I did it, and Ann made the whole process so easy. purrs ERin

      Delete
  16. We just love your blog design! Definitely fit for a princess!! xo Chloe and LadyBug

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi guys! Ann did a fab redesign of the whole Palace, even the lions had a smarten up, though NOT in pink! purrs to you all. ERin

    ReplyDelete