Saturday, 2 July 2016

I've WON!

Peeps peeps. I've won!

What do you mean, YOU'VE NOT WON?

I've won I tell you, definitely, as clear as cream is... er... creamy, I'VE WON!

WHAT! what do you mean OH NO I HAVEN'T?

OH YES I HAVE!

What?

Yes I have, yes I have, YES I HAVE!

Look peeps ol' pantomime challenged one, pronounced WON by the way, it says here on this card that I have WON, in fact I've hit the jackpot!

What? WHAT!

NO, Not the BlogPaws Humor award you ol' ninny, that was the lovely, charming Waffles and Katie over at the GLOGIRLY.COM blog. I really must invite them round for tea, nip scones and a slice of cream. purrs

No, what I've won is just the next best thing to Blog Paws Nose to Nose Awards in the Whole Wide World! Ooh, so that's what WWW. stands for. Mouses!

Hmm, OK its actually the next best thing but one, as the next best thing is the famed Golden Double Cream Mines of El Cremedorado! And I can't have won those as they're famed for not only being Double Cream of a wondrous golden colour and eternally unsourable, but also unfindable too. purrs

Actually now I think on it there is also........

****** Some time later ******

........ and of course, lounging around on a warm moonlit night, crickets playing cricket on the village green, a Niptini in one paw and a fresh mouse and cream dip in the other has to come in at number ninety nine. But this is still my next best one hundredth thing...... I've WON!

OK peeps ol' pal, this Princess needs a moment to digest this all...

****** A short nap and a mouse later ******

Oh hello, are you still here? What? Ooops! sorry I was just dreaming about... never mind, you just wouldn't believe what you can achieve with some premium nip, a mad squirrel, some elastic bands and a half pound of best cream fudge. Mouses!

Anyways, I've digested it all, except the pizza of which I only had the one slice, and will refute any claim to the contrary as the surveillance system happened to be turned of, and this Princess is 100% certain I've a cast iron alibi for the time the cream cheese disappeared.... and I can safely say, I WON!

What do you mean what?

Peeps, haven't you been listening? I've won, I have won, I'VE WON!

What do you mean won what?

What I mean is, I have won this here card that came with that cream, cheese, and nip pizza you ordered the night Blog Paws Nose to Nose Awards were shown on that internet tube. You know, the Blog Paws you got up at 1am UK time for, the one that actually started at 2am and which you actually dropped off to sleep waiting for at about 1:55am, and then missed! Yup, that Blog Paws!

Well, I at least I was awake, on account of I, ME, having to work nights to bring home the mouse and being the writer of this here blog. Of course I did rather want to see who won Blog Paws too, way better than watching the UK voting to leave the EU and the US presidential elections, where the only lovable furry animals seemed to be hair pieces or were they squirrels? Mouses!

Anyhow, I was just about to conduct a spot check taste test on that pizza, all in the cause of science, home economics and as a spot check for the Ministry of Cream, Cheese, Nip, and  Pizzas Excellence, when I espied this little scratch card. Well, I was actually just about to spear my thir... er... first slice when said card just happened to escape the bag peep had brought the pizza in.

Well imagine my surprise, I mean I don't have fleas, as well you know, so it seemed rather presumptive to offer a scratching card service, especially as I don't have opposable thumbs to use it. Mind you, I could always get peeps to do the scratching for me if I had I fleas, not that I do, no ma'am, for starters they wouldn't get past the security guards or the moat.

So, seeing this card trying to escape I did what any self respecting Princess with a pizza to eat... ooops, strike that, what any Princess with an itch to scratch that there scratch card and who doesn't have fleas, would do, I scratched.

Patience may well be a virtue, especially when it come to mice and sparrows, but curiosity got the better of my patience, and within two shakes of mouses tail I had all that stuff off and revealed no end of prizes. OK so it was mainly fruit, but there were vast sums of money underneath too, and a plane, sports car, handbag, train and apparently I'd won the Eiffel Tower and the Colosseum!

Now I hope the French and Roman folks don't take this the wrong way, but I really don't want an extra tower, or a Colosseum as they really would look good on the Palace lawns, not to mention the transportation costs and refurb bill would be horrendous. And there is no way I'm doing overtime to pay for that. Mouses!

Plus with the UK leaving the EU, what would happen to the warranty on them? A girls gotta think about these things when she doesn't have a science enabled dude around the house, like Maxwell, (from atonkstail.com blog) or our wonderful International Blog Paws Ambassador over at Dashkitten.com blog to help me sort things. purrs

Heck, I bet they'd even send some dodgy old stuff which would break one day after the warranty expired, or there would be no spare parts. Mouses!

On the plus side, they might make a great amusement park attraction, though they would definitely would need a new paint job, Princess Pink would work I think. purrs

So peeps ol' pal, your pecuniary problems are solved, as is the cash flow. What do say you to me having a pay rise and the week off, in between naps of course?

What's that peeps, I haven't won you say? I haven't won on account of not having matched three symbols?

Well that sounds rather daft, maybe a fix, as there aren't any musical instruments on there at all. And as to matching symbols, I got enough types of fruit to make a salad. Don't I get anything for that? I mean a mouse at least, surely?

Not even a mouse? Mouses!

OK this calls for a strongly worded letter, on which point, why is it called a letter? I mean there is more than one letter in a letter, although the letter A is one letter. Mouses, this is confusing, way better this gets sorted out now, and there's bound to be a government department that deals with such things, I mean there are loads in Brussels that do nothing but make rules about nothing.... or is it something out of nothing?

Hmm, maybe we could change it so the whole collection of letters and words could be called a mouse? That way I could be called a Princess of mouses, which from my point of view would be right on both counts! purrs

Peeps, hand me the phone, I'm going to get hold of that nice German lady, Mrs Merkel, in charge of Europe, she'll sort it out. And even if she charges me, I can always off loa.... er... give her the Eiffel Tower and the Colosseum I won, I'll even through in some tins of my Princess Pink paint, that will cheer her up. And if she'll get it done by the end of the week I'll throw in some of the two year old Canadian Cheddar and some nip as a bonus... I mean who could resist that?

What's that peep, ol' portly one? we've run out of what?

WHAT?

NO!

What do you mean, OH YES WE HAVE?

OK peeps, I have a plan, break out the clown suit, and funny nose, were in the funfair business!








HAPPY SUNDAY SELFIE EVERYONE!!!

I'm entering this picture in this weeks selfies, hosted by the FABULOUS Kitties Blue, over at The Cat on My Head Blog.

This week I've been doing some gardening, checking the roses and making sure all the greenfly are green and the blackfly are black in line with EU regulations. Mind you how I'd know if they'd swapped I don't know. Maybe a passport is needed?


To ALL my pals in the US of A, have a Wonderful and SAFE 4th of July

Purrs ERin


52 comments:

  1. You won? YOU WON? What did you win??? No... NOT THE SPROUTS!!! purrs

    Purrs,
    Seville

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well seems like I hadn't won even a sprout, which in my book is a win on any day! purrs. As to the Colosseum, apparently there is only one of those so I could never match three anyhow. I shall be sending a strongly worded mouse to that Mrs Merkel on this asap. Mouses!

      Delete
  2. "Mind you, I could always get peeps to do the scratching for me if I had I fleas, not that I do, no ma'am, for starters they wouldn't get past the security guards or the moat." "OK peeps, I have a plan, break out the clown suit, and funny nose, were in the funfair business!" My Momma fell off her chair laughing (not the desk chair, I'm lounging in that - a random chair she pulled up) and I might have to figure out how to dial the emergency number if she doesn't start breathing again soon. Right before she dissolved in a fit of giggles (HOW EMBARRASSING!!!), she said, "How does Mark keep up with you, Erin?!?!" I take it that's some kind of compliment ... I think. Always hard to tell with these dodgy humans, you know! ~Bear Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bear, *Waves* thanks. I recommend CPR for your peep. Have some Cream, smack with Paw, then Repeat. Works every time for me, well the cream bit does. PS, not sure peep does keep up, but I had wheels fitted to the new chair so it's a more even match. purrs ERin Happy 4th to you and your peep

      Delete
  3. Okay Erin, seriously Princess girl, you're always a winner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brian, it must be the British reserve that makes peeps think otherwise, or is my 2am snacks of mice??? Have a Great and Safe 4th!

      Delete
  4. We're back with the Sunday Selfies because we can't get enough. And my Momma's breathing again (darn, I was hoping for an inheritance so I could buy a tasty whole chicken farm ... I mean - GREAT!). ~BC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can't beat a Sunday Morning selfie, for sure, especially with cream. Inheritence is a fickle thing, as they say, a peep under paw is worth more than an un roasted chicken.... purrs ERin

      Delete
  5. Princess of Mouses. So you have a new title, Erin. We like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi guys. It does have a certain ring to it, though I'm not entirely sure I want to look after too many of those little guys, the temptation may be too much... Have a wonderful and safe 4th July. purrs ERin

      Delete
  6. Congratulations!! I am not quite sure what you won, but I am happy for you. You should celebrate with some cream.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In truth I'm not sure now either! Seems like I needed to have scratched off three Eiffel Towers rather than the one, to win. But I don't actually want three, one is enough of those in anyones gardens. Mouses! ERin

      Delete
  7. Erin, we like the image of a pink Eiffel Tower and Colosseum on your front lawn. Thanks for hopping! XOCK, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, it would be quite a thing to see, for sure, though peep is adamant they'd have to go... I'm thinking I could hire them out at weekends, for weddings, Bar Mitzvar etc... purrs Erin

      Delete
  8. 2 a.m pizza, nip, and mouses! You definitely WON! Nothing quite like a late night/early morning mouse topped off with a niptini is there! Enjoy my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, and thanks for dropping in. I'll be sure to send you an invite for the next party, always nice to share a glass or two. purrs ERin

      Delete
  9. Oh well Better luck next time cause we can't win them all,but one thing you do win on and that is being simply adorable,xx Speedy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Speedy, you too. XOX purrs ERin

      Delete
  10. Hope you get that pay raise and week off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, as I think I may have some painting to do. Mouses!

      Delete
  11. Conkatss on winnin what you wone ERin gurl!!!
    Yur selfiess are so adoorabull; just like you!
    Happy 4th an bee safe.
    ~~head rubsss~~ Siddhartha Henry~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Siddhartha Henry, you are most kind, and make me blush! You have a wonderful day too. purrs and head bumps from your pal ERin

      Delete
  12. We like that Princess of Mousies, you rock Erin and we love your selfie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks guys, it is rather a catchy title... I do love a spot of gardening, especially the spot in the sun puddle. purrs from your pal, ERin

      Delete
  13. Your human fell asleep waiting to watch the awards??? Oh nose!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, dosed right off, in fact just about fell off the sofa! Now had I thought about it, I'd have left a mouse about the Palace to keep peep awake, guaranteed wide awake in a trice. purrs

      Delete
  14. Well, Erin, you're ALWAYS a winner in our book. :) Great selfie, and we do love that new title ... it suits you so, so well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, aww thanks *Blushing* you are most kind. purrs Peep is having some calling cards made for me in case I have to go to other places, like Blog Paws or nip round to see HRH, at the other Palace. purrs ERin

      Delete
  15. I don't know what you have won, Erin, but you made us so enthusiastic that we are giving you our big Concatulations anyway. Enjoy the Nip, the El Cremedorado...MOL... the Eiffeltower, Colosseum and your new title...allthough we thought your were a Princess already in our eyes :) Pawkisses for a wonderful day :) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Binky, thank you, I think I just might keep the new title, for special occasions maybe, or if I get the call to see HRH The Queen, at the (other) Palace. purrs and headbutts ERin

      Delete
  16. Love your header and selfie. Princess Erin!

    Purrs xx
    Athena and Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Athena and Marie, the Palace really does look a picture, and all thanks to that marvelous Ann over at Zoolatry. Having the Eiffel Tower and the Colosseum just wouldn't have fitted in, plus I've run out of paint!

      Delete
  17. Erin, you're a winner to us! A sweet, funny and beautiful tuxedo princess winner.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katie, Waffles, and Debbie you do know how to make a girl blush, and I blush terribly you know, thankfully the internet hides it well. Have a wonderful 4th July. purrs ERin

      Delete
  18. Meow Erin dat's some kinda excitement. We think everypawdy's a winner. And we's not nearly as pawpular as Katie and Waffles, but you're welcome over at our house any time fur some nip, tea and whatever else you'd like.

    Luv ya'

    Dezi and Raena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Dezi and Raena I would be deeply honoured to call by and meet you all. Tell you what, I'll bring some of my Premium 3yr old extra mature Canadian Cheddar as a gift if you bring the cream? purrs from your pal ERin.

      Delete
  19. We love your new header and title Erin! And we are glad you won...even if it was unclear to us as to what you actually won... you won it!! And that is all that matters! ;p

    the critters in the cottage xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You... peep says I need to find three of a kind to get the prize, which is a con I think, as I never get a prize even when I find three mice! purrs

      Delete
  20. Erin of course mew WON!!!! MOL

    I see mew still have the brussels lurking around, did mew want me to send mew a Kraken to deal with that little issue? I purromise it's well trained and takes orders well, plus it can live in the moat around the palace, be purrfect!!! MOL

    Purrs

    Basil XOX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Basil! Ooh yes please, the lions have been angling for a holiday ever since they saw a carp fishing show on TV, and a Kraken seems just the ticket to keep them Brussels in line, not to mention those planning peeps who have been turning up about my new Tower! purrs ERin XOX

      Delete
  21. Hey Erin... you wonned everythings... cause you am a Princess. And you're furry funny. Me likes that... Gotz any pizza left wifs catnips? Purrz, Katie Kitty Too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katie kitty Two... sorry peeps threw the pizza with nip away, mainly on account of... er... someone leaving bits of scratch card all over it. Next time I'll save you a slice, and some cream too. purrs ERin

      Delete
  22. ERin...yur selfeez rocks de houz; ewe iz & all wayz will bee a winner with all yur palz
    & yur peepulz..... & if ewe get two mor cardz that haz de same symbolz on em......ewe can
    cut & paste { de ole fashion way....with paste.... } ewe can cut & paste sew yur card
    DOEZ show three oh de same symbolz !!!! kewl huh !!☺☺☺♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks guys, you rock too! Hmm that is a great idea, cutting and pasting, I shall send peep out to get two more of those scratch cards... and better to not tempt fate so I'll order two more pizza too! purrs ERin

      Delete
  23. Dear Princess Erin -- I think you are WONderpurr. Your bloggy rocks and I love reading it. So cheers to a WONderpurr new furend! Purrs and Hugs, Herman!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Herman, and Thank You, It's great to have new friends... Purrs & Hugs Erin

      Delete
  24. I would've fallen asleep at that late hour, too! But I certainly think that pizza is winning any day. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi guys, I'm thinking next time peep will ought to Blog Paws, that way there will be no need to stay up late and I can have a pizza all to myself! purrs ERin

      Delete
  25. Oh you two :-) you make us smile you know. we are on our way home erin, and Savvy's Mum will be posting on your book. We had a family issue that caused us to mislay your address but we will find it again!

    Yes you won, and as the blog grows and your skills as a writer explode across the blogosphere we will be here cheering you on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi *WAVES* You all have a great journey home, and we hope we can keep you and all our pals smiling where ever they may be. purrs to a dear pal. Erin

      Delete
  26. Erin you truly are a patient Princess cat. You must deal with your human's inability to keep up with your creative thinking, and that's gotta be hard. Mom L has a book to post to you from Ms Marjorie. We will FB message you for your mailing addy. paw pats, Savannah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Savannah, it is so hard as you say, but there is nothing I cant solve with a long nap, a mouse sandwich, hold the mayo... it also gives peep a chance to catch up! purrs ERin

      Delete