Sunday, 11 September 2016

A Day in the Life of.....

There is nothing finer than a hard night mousing and generally having a great time on the estate, you know the sort of stuff?

What you don't? well let me fill you in on some of the things I do.

Now a lot of peeps have night time jobs like me, not that mine is exclusively a night job, no ma'am I work all the hours I need to, and a few extra just to make sure my peep gets up on time and gets the chef to make breakfast.

I know, I know, you'll be thinking it's a hard job but someone has to do it. Actually if you thought that you wouldn't really be right, as it is really quite easy, well most of the time at least.

As a skilled practitioner of the feline arts of peep waking, like most of you will be, I take pride in delivering the morning wake up call on time, if not earlier, to ensure that things get off to a flying start.

Now obviously at some times of the year sparrows aren't always available as they do have a good union and get a great set of holidays, so I have to resort to mice to get things going, and bar a few bumped heads from chasing them around under the bed, peep does seem to respond well and gets up and running with minimal time in the infirmary. purrs

Anyways, back to a day in the life of a Princess.

Now bear in mind that I have been up all night chasing miscreants and generally doing the things that a princess with a palace to run and staff to chase, does, on arrival home I don't give up and collapse gracefully in a heap in... er... beside the nearest food bowl, that would be plain rude not to mention the futile as it would be empty.

No, this Princess heads up to do a survey of all the Palace rooms, just to check they haven't moved around like the do in that documentary series, about the Hogwarts College of further education. The confusion peep would have trying to take a shower in the kitchen sink, not to mention the distress of the staff would be beyond my means for compensation, for sure. You know just the other day I caught some of the laundry hanging out in bathroom two, and whilst it is a nice spot to be, I do think peep would struggle sharing the shower with all the sheets and pillow cases, and there is no way I could get peep to use softener, and into the spin dryer. Mouses!

So, with all rooms accounted for, I head to round up some of my training aids, nip mice, which peep calls nip toys, and place them for ease of access around various parts of the Palace. It pays to be prepared for emergencies, so I always make sure there is at least a nip mouse or three under every bed, chair and sofa.

I do try to steer clear of the kitchens though, too much peep foot action going on to be safe for nip mice, and once peep called in the exterminator by mistake as the chef thought we had an invasion going on. Mouses! as if, with me around it wouldn't come to anything more than a skirmish with a landing party and repulsion with their tails between their legs, well maybe just tails and no legs. purrs

Anyhow, with everything in place it is time to schedule the days activities for peep. Four thirty AM is my typical starting time, and it heralds a very busy hour of the day. Come light or dark rain or shine the show must go on, but somewhere along the line peep clearly lost this part of the schedule, and has other things in mind for the mornings. But I do find routine is everything, so, if at first you don't get up, keep bouncing, clawing, chasing mice, and if all else fails, sound the Palace "Call to Arms" alarm secured to the wall.

Now I haven't as yet found out why peep would want a change of arms, nor where these arms are hiding, but if they do turn up there is a load of ironing to do and the lawns to cut. purrs

However, as the ultimate get me up, the result of pressing that little red button are truly amazing.  Just the other year when I had a crisis in the kitchens at two in the morning, and I thought I'd give it a go. Well I am after all the Palace Health and Safety organiser and it did rather seem a good time to do a drill, oh and at the same time find out where my dinner had escaped to.

Well it has to be said on hearing that there alarm go off, peeps was up and ready like a shot, and bar for the pants being on backwards, the bunny slippers being on the wrong feet, and looking like something the dog brought in, peep would have been very passable, well passable for the short sighted at least. purrs

What is even more impressive, a few minutes later carbon monoxide crew and the gas board turned up some minutes later to suppress any fumes. Clearly peeps reputation for burning all things edible, and a few things that aren't had clearly spread. Mouses!

Whats that peeps ol' sleepy one, two thirty AM you say? Isn't really the best time for dirty laundry, you say?

Well I'll be, my watch must be fast. I'm not sure what the dirty laundry has to do with anything but seems like I have an extra hour to play... er... get some work done in, and waste not want not so I will be away. A Princesses work lot is not an easy one, for sure.

Oooh I almost forgot. I can tell that you're all very eager to know what else happens in the day in the life of a Princess, and more importantly, did I get my dinner guests out in time? Well I shall have to leave you in suspense, till another day.... well about my tale that is, but not the tail, which came to a rather flavourable non burnt ending, if you know what I mean..... purrs


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today marks the 15th anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks on the USA. 


In respect of all those that lost their lives that day, and for all those whose lives were left shattered, nay, rent apart by these truly senseless acts of murder and destruction, we dedicate this post to them, and give prayers for them and wish that sense and reason will once more descend to this world......



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's Sunday Selfie time!


I am joining this weeks Sunday Selfies, kindly hosted by the FABULOUS, Kitties Blue over at the Cat on My Head blog. 


This weeks photo was sneaked in between shifts at the Palace, just before dawn. I got to say, it is the best time of the morning....




To see what my fellow bloggers have been up to this week, by clicking on the links below......









Have a great week, until next time, may all your mice be lean, and your cheese and cream full fat! purrs ERin  




44 comments:

  1. MOL Erin! I like to put my nip mice all over da place too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, yes it always pays to have a few to paw, though peeps seem to think we do it randomly, we know best. purrs ERin.

      Delete
  2. I wake my mum up at 4.30am too :)

    Purrs xx
    Athena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Athena, I have shown this to peep and there will be a bucking up of ideas, from now on there'll be no sleeping in till 5:00! purrs ERin

      Delete
  3. Dear Erin, you really shouldn't work so hard, but you're darn good at it. We'll never forget that horrible day, never ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brian. Yes, it is a day never to be forgotten. purrs ERin

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you both. Wishing you and yours a wonderful happy week. purrs ERin

      Delete
  5. Rosie agrees about the early start time. 4:30 works for her as well. She's never tried to push that red button, but thinks she might give it a whirl just to see what happens!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now there does seem to be a consensus on 4:30, so I feel justified in carrying on, despite peeps moaning. For optimum effect you do need to hit the red at the right time, 1am to 2am seems about right to me. purrs ERin

      Delete
  6. Oh yes, those early morning noms wake up calls! Our mom LUFFS those. Really. ** thank you for remembering us on this day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now if you play your cards right, you could train your peep to give you treats in response to the wake up call. 5 minute lay in = 5 treats etc. The world shares such tragedies, and through this we become stronger, wiser and better. respectful purrs ERin

      Delete
  7. Erin, did me reads rights dats you haz an alarms that makes peeps gets up at all hours of the night? Where can I get one to make Mommy wake up, specially when we haz an earthquake that moves the house to a mew location? The furry furst quake I ever knew, I ran from window to window to makes sure that the yard was still there and we had nots moved to the vet office... ya never know how big these peeple cars can gets you know. Maybe they am as big as houses!!

    Well I checked all the windows and to my suprise, we were back home... never dids finds out where we went during the quaking and stuffs... -Purrz, Benjamin Lil Bear, who thinks houses can roll down the streets like cars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, houses that move, that is very disconcerting and more than a bit worrying to think your palace, or mine may well end up in another county. Mouses! We seldom have earthquakes here in UK though, and when we have just the lamps have moved. If my food bowl ever moves I will be worried, for sure. purrs ERin

      Delete
  8. Being a Princess is a hard job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure is, at times, then I lay back and think actually how lucky I am I don't have to go to work like peep does. I can stay here and enjoy my life. purrs ERin

      Delete
  9. I wake my mum up at 4.30 too, and at 2.30, 3.30, 5.30, 6.30, then when it is time for her to get up she doesn't want to get out of bed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, you are a master in deed, Flynn I am impressed. I think I need to get some certificates made up for those who have mastered the arts to such a fine degree. Peeps, they just haven't got the stamina, huh? Purrs ERin

      Delete
  10. Erin, you sure have a busy schedule!! I think you should outsource some of the more onerous duties! I'm quite happy to take the 3 a.m. slot and I can sing the song of my people at full pelt!! It seems to be appreciated ....... sorta! What's this about a bring a mouse party? I think that sounds like a lot of fun!! Count me in!! :) xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, outsource, has that anything to do with a cream cheese dip, maybe, as I could do that, for sure. Cool I will ink you in for 3AM. Do you have any particular song sheet, in case peeps wants to join in, mind you peeps singing leads a lot to be desired! purrs ERin

      Delete
  11. ~~play bowsss~~ to ERin thee Purricness Kat.....
    Lookin beeuteeuss purr usual mee furend!!!!
    Luvley post all so!!
    ***nose kissesss*** Siddhartha Henry xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *Blushes* Thank you, Siddhartha Henry, as ever, the Gentlecat. Glad you liked the post too. purrs and nose rubs, ERin

      Delete
  12. You are the princess, you should not have to do anything. I guess if you want things done correctly and on time though, you need to keep an eye on everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, but peeps just don't seem to have the same priorities or urgency to get things done. When peep retires, I hope for better response times for my food delivery. purrs ERin

      Delete
  13. I have to say, Mudpie lets me sleep quite well! Some mornings she's still asleep when I get up for work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm you have clearly reached an accord. I wish I could get my peep as well trained, but I think it is all down to not having the same shift pattern. Now if I could get peep to stay up at nights, that would work, for me anyways. purrs ERin

      Delete
  14. You are a busy one Erin. Mommy says 230's a fine time fur doin' laundry 'round here. MOL Hope you get all on da same page and schedule soon.

    Luv ya'

    Dezi and Raena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dezi, hi Raena. Hmm I think peeps will be a long time getting on track, but where there is a mouse there is a way, as I say. Have a blessed week, loves to you both and your mom. purrs ERin

      Delete
  15. Oh, Erin. Your Peep had no idea what he was getting into with you did he? You and Bear are certainly your own cats ... and neither of you apologize for your fabulousness :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh thank you, fabulousness never occurred to me, I have to admit. I shall add it to my list of Word of the Day. Bear is quite a guy too, and I think self determining cats often are misunderstood, like peeps, we need space and our own sort of non generic love. Have a fabulousness day too. purrs ERin

      Delete
  16. We like to get Mom up around 3:15!

    We will never forget 9/11.

    The Florida Furkids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, I have never tried peep on the quarter hours, I will give it a go. Respectful purrs for 9/11, we will never forget. ERin

      Delete
  17. Erin, we hope you get extra pay for all the work you do...and for working the night shift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What, I get more pay for doing the night shift? WOW! I wonder who many extra mouses that would be? Mind you, if I get more mice those tax peeps will just take them away from me. As a higher rate tax payer I think I'd lose 40% and you can bet it would be the good bit too. Mouses! ERin

      Delete
  18. ERin....we haz mize stra tee geclee placed round trout towne two... we place em ther when herz a sleep....N we can all wayz tell when de food serivizz gurlz been messin with em while WE sleep coz sofa mouz doez knot wear de same kinda pantz that fridge doez N fridge mouz doez knot haz de same kinda tie that love seet mouz doez..... ☺☺☺♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi guys, thanks for coming by. I love it, sheer brilliance, to dress up your mices, a sort of non-uniform, uniform for them. I shall have some made straight away.. in fact I could maybe organize an inter room football mouse match, boost team moral and such like. purrs ERin

      Delete
  19. Can you believe that I don't even need an alarm to start my day at 4:30 anymore? But I do have my kitties as back up just in case!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, they must have got you well trained over the years. Ooh, I loves the idea of back up kitties, I could maybe get some myself, just in case i'm busy elsewhere, purrs. ERin

      Delete
  20. You mean the dirty laundry isn't kept in the upstairs bath? Peeps and their organizational skills. *cough cough* MOUSES!

    Purrs,
    Seville

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Seville. Apparently it isn't so much the dirty as the clean that turns up in the wrong rooms. Apparently there is some sort of spacial time anomaly wormhole thingy that can happen between laundry and bathroom that just baffles modern science. Thing is to NOT PANIC and just get peep to return it to it's rightful place in your Palace. As to the dirty laundry, well I dare say a Kraken could be handy? purrs your forever pal, ERin

      Delete
  21. YRH Erin, you go above and beyond and that peep of yours must very humble each and every time he is ALLOWED to serve you whatever meal you desire...including, not limited to...ahem...koff, koff...ground mouse As for getting the peep up and moving..I have found a bit of pressure right around the bladder does wonders, just sayin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YRH Savannah, thank you for coming to see me. Yes I do feel peep has achieved the station in life, though I am struggling to get peep to prepare my local, if somewhat rustic, delicacy of Ground Mouse a la Creme. Any hints would be appreciated. Hmm, the bladder you say? I will give that a go. Do I need to use a whole body sort of a flop or is a bounce sufficient? purrs ERin.

      Delete
  22. Well, you certainly are one busy, busy, busy kitty Princess, Erin. How nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely to meet you too! Yes it's all go at the Palace, and seldom a day goes by without some "incident" happening. purrs ERin

      Delete