Sunday, 25 September 2016

The Affair!

Well you do hear these things, but you never expect them to happen to yourself.

You see it in the tabloids and in the gutter press and think well if that is what folk want to do, let them, that life is not for my peep and I.

Peep and I share this fabulous bond, one based on trust and mutual respect and....whats this? a hair, a hair on peeps clothes that isn't from peeps golden, with a hint of light ash brown, covered pate!

Mouses! this need further investigation, for sure, and if there is any two timing going on I can stamp it out right now!

****** Back at the lab ******

A blond hair, with coloured highlights, and maybe a few low lights, and definitely a few middle lights. In fact there are so many lights you could throw a swatch book at it and find a match for everything. purrs

 I wonder where this came from, and more to the point, from whom did this come, and why did peep feel the need to leave it lying around?

 I do have strict rules about leaving hairs around,  in fact they fall into the same set of Palace rules as mouses and moles, to wit, if you bite off more than you can chew, DO NOT leave it lying around as it plays havoc with the vacuum cleaner, not to mention the lint roller that has put in for over time rates on account of, well I'll say no more on that subject as it would be improper to blame peep.

Anyways, I think I need to look into this more closely

Is it a sign, some subliminal message that I am not wanted, and to be usurped by another, a newer model? Maybe it's my ears, are they out of fashion? like the miniskirts peeps used to wear?

Hmm maybe I need extensions, something with a bit of colour maybe. I know I could have inter changeable tips, pink for summer and maybe silver for winter, ooh maybe a snow scene on them for festive events. I mean a lady needs to be on top of the trends and in vogue, or even Country Palace Living!

Or could it be I'm too fat! Oh my, I knew it, it's that, those late night snacks, those extra cream doughnuts and Niptini's. Peep just doesn't love me any more, it is true, this flabby worthless Princess is just too fat!

****** Sobs ******

Hang on! I weighed myself last week in the gym, and I was perfect, well according to Honest Frank, our truthful Speak Your Weight Machine. If you want an honest opinion just speak to Frank, 20 cents a time, $1 for longer couch sessions, and $3 if you want it with a full cream latte with nip sprinkles. purrs

Hmm, best not fall into the trap of self doubt and loathing, I have had to dig peeps out of that trap many a time, with the help from our pals, the late and great Nerissa, god bless him, and his brother, Seville, and the crew at Dash Kitten. What fabulous friends and a fabulous place the blogging world is. purrs



Well I think whatever has caused this needs to be nipped in the bud, especially if it's those pesky greenfly, the last thing I want is my nip crop being infested! purrs

Right, where better to start than peeps computer, I just need to crack the rotating, multi layer, contra rotating binary, alpha-numerical code, and......

****** Rattling of keys ******

and.....

AND.......

AND!......


OK, plan B....

****** Rattling of keys ******

Et voila!  There we go, I'm in. Simple when you know how. But I really do need  to have a word with peeps about writing the password on the whiteboard. Mouses!

Now if I check the mail......

Hmmm, this looks interesting, a mail from  the Lady Penelope, arranging a meeting to pick up.... some jam? 90 miles seems an awfully long way to go just to get something for the mornings toast, especially as peeps is watching the figure and Type 2 diabetes.

Very suspicious, I best read on....

OK, seems like it wasn't jam but marmalade, that does make it better, nothing quite like a bit o....

Hang on, Marmalade................. the CAT!


OH MY WORD!

Noooooooo!



                                                                       ****** To be Continued ******

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



It's Sunday Selfie Time!


MANY THANKS to our hosts, the fabulous Kitties Blue, over at the Cat on My Head blog, for hosting this wonderful weekly coming together, a celebration of friendships new and old, and sharing of fun and happiness...





This weeks selfie was supposed to be a candid shot of me asleep, but as all Princesses know, it pays to keep one eye on the birdie! purrs






To see what my pals have been up to this week, please click the images below, and enjoy the HOP.......


47 comments:

  1. What?? We have a cliff-hanger?!?!?!?

    OOOH WOWWWWWWWW

    I can't wait? What happened next???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup sure do, well a hanger anyway! Bit of hint there. I shall reveal all next week. purrs ERin

      Delete
  2. Uh oh, this does NOT sound good. Not at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No not at all, I hope it works out ok too! purrs ERin

      Delete
  3. Well, you should know by now that you;re the only Princess Erin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I had thought so, Brian, but peeps has been getting broody of late! And there have been the pictures of kittens.... purrs ERin

      Delete
  4. Uh oh. We can't wait until next week!!!! With a selfie like yours, I can't imagine your peep would need to go elsewhere. You are not fat!!! We think you're purrfect just the way you are, ERin.
    ps - The peep shouldn't be self-loathing and doubting either ... he's especially special - at least to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I hope it has all been sorted out by then, so I can share the tale. If not then I will be on my travels again. purrs ERin ps I could do with some pizza and a Niptini...

      Delete
  5. Hmmm, we are wondering if Marmalade could be the answer. Cannot wait to follow the next installment of your investigation. Very darling photos of you, Erin. Thanks for hopping along with us. XOCK, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I am not too keen on marmalade, unless it has cream and nip mixed in. A ratio of 20% nip to 80% cream and 0% marmalade is right for me. purrs ERin

      Delete
  6. Erin you are gorgeous just the way you are, no need to accessorize those ears. Love your Selfie, and can't wait for part 2 of your investigation. I hope it's not what it looks like 😁 Hugs and purrs to you 😻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that is very kind of you to say. Ear extensions seemed like just the thing to keep peep interested, but maybe it would look too cheap, not that I would have bird feather ones. purrs ERin

      Delete
  7. Say it isn't so, Erin! Surely this must be a huge misunderstanding? We'll certainly be eagerly waiting for the next installment...

    Oh, and gorgeous selfie, Erin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I know, but all things seem to point to, well, I just cant bring myself to say it... OK I will, redundancy! At least you appreciate me. purrs ERin

      Delete
  8. We think you're gawjus and don't need any extensions or enhancements Erin. And we know dat you can and will never be replaced. So, have a blest day.

    Luv ya'

    Dezi and Raena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you both, you are great pals. Let us see what the new week brings. purrs ERin

      Delete
  9. Oh, this sounds very interesting. Marmalade as in orange? Hmmmm. Lovely selfie too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, as in seville orange marmalade, for sure, but NOTHING to do with our great pal, Seville. He would be welcome at any time... purrs ERin

      Delete
  10. I think your ears are adorable. Our Prancie has similar ears because she had frostbite when we found her. I am sure this is just some awful mistake, maybe the peep hugged a friend who has a cat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that is what happened to my ears, at least in part. Time however will reveal all, and I hope you can hang around to find out what happens next... purrs ERin

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Thank you, no matter what happens I have my wit and wisdom and mousing skills to see me through... purrs ERin

      Delete
  12. IT'S NOT ME!!! I swear on my nip plants (What's left of 'em, anyway, after the peep has killed 'em some more.) that it's not my marmalade fur. HONEST!!!

    How long was this hair in millimeters, anyway? And its width? Did you check the DNA?

    Purrs,
    Seville

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seville oranges do make the BEST marmalade, for sure, but these were a multitude of colours, not just orange. Anyways, you would always be most welcome to come and see us... Hmm well these hairs were only about an inch long, and multi coloured. Heck I didn't think of sending it off to be tested, maybe Scotland Yard could look into it for me? purrs ERin

      Delete
    2. Sorry, they were about 22 millimeters long, and not too thick but quite rigid. purrs Erin

      Delete
  13. I'm on the edge of my seat. What happens next! What happens next!

    Jean from Welcome to the Menagerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope all will be revealed, peep however has been sworn to secrecy till next week.... purrs ERin

      Delete
  14. Nice selfie, ERin! We think you're perfect already (after all, you're a PRINCESS!), but we shall wait and see what happens next... the suspense!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, the suspense of it is getting to me too, but that is another story.... purrs ERin

      Delete
  15. Very cute selfies!

    Purrs xx
    Athena and Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Athena, thank you Marie. purrs ERin

      Delete
  16. ERin....well, if peepz haz been see in "marmalade" de cat that wood eggz plane
    de swatch match golden furz...but we hafta point out that purrhapz "marmaladez"
    own purrson is purrhaps outta town N him just kneaded a lookin afturr.....{ tho
    nissy's houz....IZ...a long way a way......ya noe }...lookin for werd ta chapturr
    two...heerz two a grate week a head ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi guys, yup, Nissy's house is a long way, for sure, and Seville has strenuously denied any whisking over to UK. Me, I'm hoping it all turns out OK too.... purrs ERin

      Delete
  17. Uh oh! You need to hire a catective, stat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I do think that is a brilliant idea! I will contact the famed cat detective, Herman Tattlecat, and his partner the famed vocalist, Dori, and have them check it out. purrs ERin

      Delete
  18. Your Royal Meowness... I am at your service. Purrrs! Sherlock Herms

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh Herman, Thank you so much! We shall discus a fee in due course, but having a world renown detective around would be wonderful. purrs ERin

      Delete
  19. OMCatness, you are on Marmelade now, Princess Erin...I suppose we have to read it again :D Nipkisses for a Happy Day...o, and your Selfie...purrfect as ever and clever too ;) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. peep is very much a marmalade fan, but when it comes to us cats it's TUX all the way, with a pinch or nip. purrs ERin

      Delete
  20. Erin, furstly in situations like these, purrlease don't panic or start letting your mind hurtle off at a million miles an hour with umpteen scenarios, which are mostly likely completely fictitious. Secondly, mew are not fat and your ears are purrfect, so purrlease don't start giving yourself unnecessary complexes. Thirdly have mew seen how big your palace is? Purrhaps the peep is getting mew some extra staff to cope with the wurkload as I'm sure it neffur stops... anyhoo if mew need a Dear Dr Basil Therapy Session, purrlease let me know and I'll open the clinic anytime mew need, day or night, mew only have to ask... in the meantime, keep calm and welcome the surprise!

    Purrs

    Basil XOX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Dr Basil, you certainly know how to make a Princess feel assured about things, and can see options that maybe I am blind to. purrs ERin ps do you do combined therapy and small arms sessions?

      Delete
    2. Erin, we do run a kitty commando training weekend if mew're interested, do let me know and I'll book mew in fur the next one! MOL

      Delete
    3. Oh YES, please put me down for it. Will I get a black belt at the end of it? because I would rather have a pink, black belt, if at all possible that is? purrs ERin

      Delete
    4. Erin mew can have a pink one with Swarovski bling if mew like, I'll get the PA to make it just fur mew!

      Delete
    5. Oh Basil, that will be the nicest thing! I wonder, can the PA and Mrs Swarovski do mice too? purrs ERin

      Delete
  21. tsk, tsk peepers has been hangin' out with some other feline! And then tries to sneak up on you whilst you are nappin'. Surely he outta know by now that we cats can feel them getting closer just by using our whisker radar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, my whiskers were twitching, for sure. Another cat, really, peep should know this is a one Princess Palace, it says so in my contract! purrs ERin

      Delete