Sunday, 4 September 2016

The Diet!

Hi My name is ERin, and I'm an alcopopholic.....

are words that you will NOT hear me say. Peep on the other hand, I am not quite sure of.

Whats that peep ol' pal? I'm a Cream-o-holic? hmm well if  I was anything I suppose I may have a leaning towards liking cream. And when I say a leaning I don't mean having a slight inclination of the body as in walking on a slope, like when I walk on peeps tummy. No ma'am, that's a full on expedition with clamp on claws and pick axe job. No it's just every now and then I do get the odd craving.

Now as for peeps, well that is entirely another thing, and there are cravings for everything. Well not quite everything as we just wouldn't have room at the Palace for everything peeps has ever thought about and bought a magazine about to see if we could fit it in.

Like the home furnishings catalogues and the new invention catalogues. I mean if we have any more beds we'll be the only Palace with Four poster Bunk beds with laser a guided healthy grill coffeemaker smoothie maker combo that can polish your nails and heat your toes whilst you wait. Mouses!

And then there are all the hobby magazines by the score, every week it seems another fad has come to the Palace. I have definitely had to put my paw down on a few of those and I didn't really have to stick my neck out too far to say that Ostrich keeping for beginners was not going to work around here.  Can you think of the mess, not to mention  the fact that fact they are way to big to chase, though to be fair we would have had enough beds and they could well have given the Kraken a run for her money and helped her lose some weight. purrs

On the subject of which, peeps has been trying to get into new clothes. Yup it is that time again when peeps start to see the excesses of the summer scene catch up, and thoughts of fitting into that little black number for the Palace Christmas Ball surface once more.

Disappointment is always hard to bear, and so I had a long hard chat with the Speak Your Weight machine in the Palace gym, and with a small degree of bribery, have come to a mutual understanding. Now when I say bribery, it is more I will keep the mouses from nesting in the works if there is a favourable downward trend in the results. purrs

Mind you, for every yin there is a yang, and as with many things in life, what goes off in one place comes back in another. In this case, the Weigh Machine Union rules state that they must add the loss on to another who will thus have a gain and balance the books. Simple equation really, and works well for me and the Kraken at least. Peep on the other hand is going to have a little bit of work to do to shed those extra pounds! purrs

Anyways, with all this gluten free stuff going on at the Palace, and needing to lose weight, peeps has enlisted the help from some of our pals and between them come up with a plan. A short time later, and after some acquisitions from the Internet, peep was ready to go.

When I say go, peep just lay back and waited for things to get going. If you ask me this whole weight loss thing is a complete sham, peep has not even stirred from bed to take any exercise, well not at night anyways.

Anyways some days and an expanding waistband later, I was minding my own business keeping tabs on all the Palace mice, making sure they were all keeping fit and lean, when this large box arrives unceremoniously right outside the Palace cat flap and blocked my view.

Well, this Princess definitely did protest, and NOT too much, and the delivery driver who had somehow got past the Kraken, was instructed where he could leave said package, which of course as we all know, is round the back.

Whats that peep?

****** Whispering sounds ******

What?

WHAT!

OOPS!

What peeps has asked me to explain, being a family show and all, is that all such packages should be delivered to the tradesman's entrance, round the back of the Palace. Which for those with an enquiring mind, and any delivery peeps that happen to be reading, is past the little peeps room, then past the big peps room, past the little Krakens room, which if you ever happen to go in is the one with 9 pink fluff hand towels, and then turn left at the midden an you are there. Alternatively you can ask peep to let you in the side door.

Where was I? Ah yes, not one to be nosey, as you know I am the model of priority....

Whats that you say peep? it's propriety you say?

Well I will have you know, peeps ol' rotund and tardy one, that it is my priority to have a peruse at everything as soon as it comes in, just in case it is in need of priority proprietary propriety inadequacy  correction. Also it might just contain some mice trying to get at my cheese supply. purrs

OK, so before I was so rudely interrupted, I was about to say peeps parcel arrived, around the tradesman's entrance, and was duly unpacked. Well, it is the strangest looking bicycle I have ever seen, and clearly peep has been short changed or in deed short chained, as there was neither a chain or wheels attached. In fact this here new cycle thing looked more akin to a generator than...... Oooh!

****** Some time later ******

Erm... peeps, you know how I always wanted to go green and cut the Palaces energy bills, and how you need to lose those extra, ahem, inches around the waist, right? OK, I think I may have just found the answer to your dietary prayers and salvation for the Palace Ball. Just walk this way, mind the cables, and have a seat....... purrs

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi Everyone, it's Sunday Selfie time, hosted once more by the Fabulous Kitties Blue over at the Cat on My Head Blog. Many Thanks for them for making this such a Wonderful place to be on a Sunday Morning.... To see what all my pals have been up to, please click on the links below.






This weeks photo was after taken just after a long night slaving over the computer finishing todays blog post.




Have a GREAT week!










62 comments:

  1. You look brilliant. What a hard working author and a nice post! Do you think peep would take up jogging or something?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi all, thank you for coming by. Jogging? hmm, thankfully I think unless they can make a machine to do that too, I think I will be spared the lycra suit and bright running shoes! Purrs ERin

      Delete
  2. You look quite chipper and alert after a long night, ERin! Diet Smiet ... my Momma goes around blaming the dryer for shrinking her clothes when we ALL know it's those Kit Kats and doughnuts (holy Momma moo cow ... can you imagine if they made Kit Kat Doughnuts?!?!?). My Momma goes around touting research that shows that being just a bit overweight is actually less deadly than being slightly underweight. But I'm thinking, the bigger the target ... the more chance of being swallowed by a Kraken! ~Bear Cat
    ps - love the pick axe imagery :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, the trick is to do the proof reading whilst you sleep.... I think you may be onto a real winner with the Kit Kat doughnut item, and my peep would have eaten one given the chance, just for research purposes you understand. Hmm, if your peep shows up at the Palace I will have the Kraken give a head start, seems only fair as the paper work will be terrible if I don't. purrs ERin

      Delete
  3. Fabulous Darling!Just get you peep running around after you Princess that will do the job,xx Speedy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Speedy *Waves* Yup, I can see that this may need to run and run, for peeps sake of course. Now if I can get the laundry machine and the rotating clothes line linked up too, I have it made! purrs ERin

      Delete
  4. Diets are the latest fad here Erin. We used to have one of those strange bicycles and it was great to hang close on, fortunately it was adopted by another family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brian, thanks for coming by. You know peep has already been hanging the coats on it, seems like this must be a common design fault. Adoption, hmm, was that of your peep or the bicycle, as I am thinking the bicycle is worth more, and doesn't have smelly pumps or worry about weight! purrs ERin

      Delete
  5. I wonder if you see a spider or a fly at the wall ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, well that depends whether there is a shortage of mice. The balcony to the office is just beside my office desk, so I always have a look out the window to see what's available after I finish doing the blog. A Princess does get peckish and mousish you know, and there are sparrows and mice to be had early morning. purrs ERin

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank You, I assume you don't mean peeps athletic fitness attempts, as so far assembly is as far as peeps has got! purrs ERin

      Delete
  7. I bet ostrich keeping for beginners would be quite fun...I'd like to hear about you chasing ostriches around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, take one on at thy on risk, they are bigger than they look in the magazines, and that smile is ever so deceptive. Saying that, if you speak nicely you can have a years supply of eggs in a few days, and they are far quicker than taking a bus! purrs ERin

      Delete
  8. You have done very well slaving away all night on your post and still found time for a lovely selfie. I am not a cream eater, but my mum loves scones and clotted cream. Maybe she should get one of those bikes without wheels too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it is all down to a good regime of naps, and chasing mice and sparrows. Oh and seeing the dawn chorus on a cool clear sunny morning always perks me up, better than coffee. purrs ERin

      Delete
  9. Hope you're having a wonderful Labor Day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Jeanne, I hope you have a great Labor Day weekend too, oh and steer clear of any ostrich, they do bite. purrs ERin

      Delete
  10. Could you maybe speak to my Speak Your Weight Machine and tell it to get lost. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have your own too, cool. They do need taking in paw, so maybe a gentle reminder of who is the actual boss around your palace failing that spill some water over it, if you know what I mean. purrs ERin

      Delete
  11. You did great writing that wonderful post ! And nice profile selfie ! Purrs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, with all the stuff going on around the Palace it was a bit rushed this week, and a few typos that slipped the net of that great grammar checker, namely peep. Well I cant do everything, and it gives peep a hobby besides collecting catalogues! purrs ERin

      Delete
  12. A cream-o-holic, that sounds good, Erin and gives good shaped Selfies too :D Walking after dinner is a great way to slim down, but that only counts for peeps :D Pawkisses for a Happy Sunday :) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Binky *waves* great to see you. Yup the chance to have a tipple of the double cream would be wonderful but sadly I am limited to none a week on account of keeping trim. Maybe at Christmas? Have a great week, and pawkisses back. purrs ERin

      Delete
  13. Erin, you sure look good after slaving the night away. I love the pic of you in the window. We will be interested to hear how much use the funny looking bicycle gets from the peep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Annie thank you for calling in. Looking good is all down to having a good nights sleep whilst working. I did note a few typing errors in the blog so will be firing the gardener who was standing in for the proof reader. Clearly mowing the lawns just doesnt cut it with regards spell checking. Well so far I have managed to boil one egg from peeps exercise routine. Clearly if I ever hope to have a cooked Christmas meal, peep will have to start peddling from about tomorrow. purrs ERin

      Delete
  14. Oh no not the dreadful "D" word. WE refuse to go near that word and it's not ever to be spoken of in our house. When my peeps feel the need they just say they are eating better and that's that. What? WE always want to EAT Better lil'peep.
    Great selfie Erin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my that D word is over used I feel. I have tried various diets and can state I didnt like any of them. Give me mouse and sparrow with a sprinkle of nip and a splash of cream any day. Thanks, I like this selfie, it was just before I went to the balcony to look for breakfast, that's my idea of fast food. purrs ERin

      Delete
  15. We have a feelin' your plan's not gonna go over very well. MOL As fur ostrich chasin', mommy did dat when she was much younger and stayed on an exotic animal farm. Those silly birds was always gettin' out and goin' places they weren't 'posed to. And they didn't like bein' told to go home either. So more offen than not mommy had to chase, ketch and return them to their purropurr place. MOL Have a great week.

    Luv ya'

    Dezi and Raena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi guys, yup I think you may well be right about the plan, in fact I know you are. Oooh your mom chased ostrich, that is so very cool. I will be coming round for tips and hints if we get any, for sure. Have a blessed week. purrs ERin

      Delete
  16. I don't talk about diets....I am a little meezer where Kali is a big girl. Kali doesn't talk about diets either. Kali doesn't ever want to be on one and so far she's slipped past the diet dog. I'm too thin for a diet. Now that my teeth are better, I may not be slim for long. MOL

    Shoko

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best not to be in a rush to put the weight on then, as those vets have a right bee in their bonnets and caps about us cats putting on weight. I do blame peep for my small weight gain on account of the cream I had when I moved in the Palace. It sort of stuck around, the weight that is, the cream vanished pretty quick I can tell you. purrs ERin

      Delete
  17. Replies
    1. Hehehe, that does about sum up the whole thing, doesn't it. Better to be healthy from the start than go up and on the weight scales. purrs ERin

      Delete
  18. ERin I don't have your e-mail address so e-mail me ay jeanneil@telus.net. We nominated you for the Happiness Tag. Why? Cause we like you.

    Shoko and Kali

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jean, that is wonderful, thank you so much. Happiness is a wonderful thing.... I have asked peep to mail you my personal address. purrs ERin

      Delete
  19. A bicycle without the wheels? But surely the wheels are the part that makes it's a bicycle in the first place. That's crazy, that is. Crazier than a squirrel makin' nut pies kind of crazy, for sure. MOUSES!

    Purrs,
    Seville

    PS. Could the wheels have been left at the non-tradesman entrance, perhaps? Just wonderin'... purrs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that is a very good point. In fact those are very good points indeed. I definitely didn't see any squirrels riding unicycles down the drive from the Palace but I was at the tradesmans door at the time. I shall send peep back to the front to double check, and to see if there is a circus troupe in town. purrs ERin

      Delete
  20. We run when we hear the D word. Yum...cream!!!!

    The Florida Furkids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe yup, the C word is one I can hear all around the Palace, and like mice, I can see it at 200 yards. I don't run from the D word though, I just don't eat it until peeps either gives up or finds something I like, or I go for a take away, mouse style. purrs ERin

      Delete
  21. Yep, these are definitely fine pictures of you! and you are so good to look after your peep as you do. PS: since we're fairly new, we're a bit confused about the Kraken.... ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, great you could call by. Glad you like the pictures, they are all me, 110% peep says, I'm sure that isn't a compliment. purrs Anyways the Kraken was kindly donated by my great pal, Basil of The Bionic Basil Blog. He has some wonderful adventures which run for maybe 8 weeks. http://bionicbasil.blogspot.co.uk/2015/10/tuesday-tails-extraordinary-voyages-of_27.html If you follow this link you will find one of his adventures in which a Kraken made an appearance. Basil lent me his spare and quite tame (I use that quite loosely) Kraken to patrol the moat around the Palace, and bless her there she has stayed, keeping the miscreants and a few mailman at bay. Hope you enjoy Basil's posts, they are brilliant fun... purrs ERin

      Delete
  22. Such a shame Princess Erin, that our peeps feel the need to go to that place they call "exercise". If only they would adhere to our catly guidelines for exquisite health and well being. Sadly, they chose to spend most of their day in mindless activity, excluding their sealed in blood commitment to providing whatever meals we cats demand...that mindless activity is everything they feel they need to do that does NOT include service to US! I know you know what I am sayin' girlfriend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do in deed. There surely must be a convention or nine being broken in not facilitating our wants and needs. But do they listen? Now if they all got a decent job that allowed for maximum HOME time then the world would not have any problems at all! purrs ERin

      Delete
  23. In our opinion, diet is one bad four letter word!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree more, that and low fat cream, which is technically three but the thought is there. purrs ERin

      Delete
  24. Great selfie. At least you don't need a diet, only the peeps do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, peep is having a terrible time sticking to the diet, the guilt and the cravings, but I am there for comfort and support. In truth peep has me on a cream embargo right now until I shed a pound, of course that isn't so much a diet as a game as I on the other paw have a supply of long life cream pots which I dip into should the need arise, and of course a good supply of fresh mice under the bed for early morning snacks! purrs ERin

      Delete
  25. Great selfie!

    Humans always need to diet :)

    Purrs xx
    Athena and Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Athena, Marie, peep had just awoken and was thinking of food when that was taken, which in truth is what I was thinking of too! But then, I at least am not on a diet so I was happy, peep on the other hand was not! purrs ERin

      Delete
  26. Cream?? you gets cream? we gets water and soft foods... and sometimes chicken, but never cream... The mom has to do gluten free and all us kitties are about to do corn free foods from Costco - recommended by a life care sanctuary.

    Good thing you don't need a diets - you looks loverly. Purrz from Lil Bear who likes Chickens, Pearl who wonders what cream tastes likes and all the Katie Katz.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, great to have you drop by. Grain free is good, I have that too. Not natural for us cats to eat grain and stuff so as near to raw as you can get is good. No real way of telling Pearl what cream tastes like, but a minute on the tongue means a lifetime on the tummy if you get hooked. Not worth it for sure. believe me I work hard to keep trim. PS does will your mom be selling those black cat t shirts? I may have missed an email from her, so if she will mail me at erinthecatprincess@gmail.com we can talk shirts! purrs ERin

      Delete
  27. Dear Princess Royal -- please inform your peep that eating gluten free to lose weght is not the same as cutting wheat from your diet. Wheat is the Evil Destroyer of Wimmen's Bellies. Original wheat made way back at the start of the 20th century is not the same as the modified stuff that is now in everything. I know about this cuz my mom is fighting the EDoWB too, and keeps notes on what she eats and when she eats something with wheat--even sushi--she gains. And when she gains, it is a sad day for all of us at the House of Wonderpurr. I hope you are rewarded with lots of cream and fancy fish snacks for your efforts to talk the Weight Machine into giving your peep a break. Purrs! Herman!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Herman, glad peeps and I are not alone with these things. Food for us both is ever contaminated with stuff we shouldn't eat. Hoping that slimming down the peep and the processed foods will bring good changes. At leat my mice and cheese are nice and wholesome! purrs to you all. ERin

      Delete
  28. Hey Erin, so does the exercise bike power the palace when the peep is peddling profusely? Say that fast three times! MOL MOL I nearly fell of my own bike then... but seriously pedal power is the way forward - good job going green and all enviro-furriendly *high five* Purrs Basil & Co xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Basil *Waves* Alas peep can not manage nearly enough to get what I need, though did nearly fall of when had to do an emergency stop at a set of traffic lights... well that was peeps excuse, I can't recall seeing lights in the great hall? purrs ERin

      Delete
  29. So nice to meet you!

    Abby the lab and her family in Chicago

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi great to have you come by, and I hope you enjoyed our continuing journey through life at the Palace. purrs ERin

      Delete
  30. That D word is definitely one of the four-letter variety! Ostriches and the Kraken together would have been quite the sight, no?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right there, I am not entirely sure who would have come out the winner in that show down... I leave the question of diets to peep, me I just look for the low fat option when it comes to mice, and of course single rather than double cream! purrs ERin

      Delete
  31. Oh, the thought of trying to fit into nice Christmas clothes boggles our minds at this point in the game. And then throw that dirty "diet" word in there - ouch! But, to be honest, the human here also has one of those bike things that sits in the house. I think you're going to love yours, Erin. The seat on the one here is so comfy, most especially when the human wants to use it. And, pedaling feet! Have fun, Erin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI, yup those special clothes still don't fit too well! More peddling required between now and Christmas I think> Hmm comfy seat huh, I shall have to investigate that as all such places need testing, for safety sake of course! purrs ERin

      Delete