Sunday, 30 October 2016

Asterisk...





...................and they all lived happily ever after.

The End

                                                                                 *************************




OK, so the blogs all typed and I just need to get the spell checker up and running.

Now whats it going to be today? will I be writing in English and checked in American, or writing in American and checked in English?

Well with this computer it's any ones guess, in fact I swear since peep spilt the noodles on the keyboard we've been getting some Chinese corrections too.

OK, here goes....

Colour is still colour with a red line under it, which means that is the wrong spelling for US but right for UK. But, if I click the spell checker it is shown as correct. Clearly there is some sort of international detente needed here. Hmm, maybe we should just amalgamate the two languages and call it Amelish, or Englican. In fact why not amalgamate them and the two countries could just be called U.

We'd have to also change some of the words, average out the gaps between the letters. Maybe instead of using S's and Z's we could use V's or W's!

Anyways, punctuation is a curse and a blessing, for sure. Fail to put a comma in place and two worlds such as Mars, and Jupiter, can literally collide and become one. Take this comma over here....

Oooh, what's this, a funny little symbol on my computer screen. Wonder where that came from, I don't recall typing it. Sort of a cross between a star and asterisk.... um.... cant actually recall seeing anything on the keyboard like that, nope nothing there.

OK, lets have another look on screen.....

Eeek! Hang on, wheres it gone! it was just after....

Ah ha, there it is just down the page, I'm sure I didn't move it there. I can't have rogue punctuation, can you think of the chaos. Mouses!

OK, so how do I get that there asterisk thing to disappear? Ah, just type delete and.... Oooh I say, its moving up the screen on it's own. Mouses!

Right if that's its game I'll get my quick draw laser mouse and we'll see who's the the fastest....

****** Some time later and much frantic clicking! ******

OK, I admit defeat. Never have I been defeated by anything, or anything so small! OK I shall just clarify that, never have I been defeated by anything that I haven't wanted to be defeated by, there is a big difference of course, as all us cats know. purrs

OK little asterisk thing, I give up, what are you and what do you want?

You're not a virus thing are you? Sent to cause mischief and mayhem on my blog, not that I need any extra help with that as I do have a peep to for any such disasters. purrs

Not the talkative sort are you, well just be warned, I shall switch this here computer off and delete you once and for all, and don't think I won't. I may not have opposable thumbs, but I know a peep who has and knows where the delete key is!

Now what, little asterisk thing, do you say to that!

HA! Thats got you on the run, I knew it would, right off the screen in fact and......EEEEEK! right off the screen and floating towards my bookshelf! Im being invaded by punctuation. Mouses!

Call the FBI, call the white House, call the X Files, I'm being invaded by...... Hang on a moment, I can see some string attached to that there asterisk... in fact I can see a web attached to the string attached to..... A SPIDER!

Ahem, not one to complain, being a Princess and all, no ma'am, but I really do think I need to have words with the cleaners.

Now as to this little spider, it's way too small for a meal, and I don't think it is a worthy adversary for me just yet, I mean, how could I NOT win? purrs


Note from the Editor: Please note that no spiders where harmed in the making of this blog, though the cleaner has since been fired, and the laser mouse given early retirement, on health grounds! The spider, whose name incidentally, was Asterix, is currently taking time out to feature in a mini movie production of the Incredible Shrinking Peep!



                                             ******************************




Its Sunday Selfie time!  We are joining this weeks selfies, hosted by the Fabulous Kitties Blue. A BIG thank you to them for being such wonderful hosts!








This weeks photo was taken after I 'repurposed' the cleaner.... Running a Palace does weigh heavy at times, but I have a good wool duvet beneath me. purrs ERin




 To see what our pals have been up to this week, please click the images below, and enjoy the fun of the HOP!








50 comments:

  1. You should able to do a search to change your spelling on a Mac. Try System Preferences for a start then Language. This might help.

    We dislike being forced to spell the American way, we are British and spell differently. HUH!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, I never thought of that! Thank you, Dash Kitten Crew, you are brilliant! Hmm maybe I should repurpose peeps too, and move to New Zealand, what do you think? purrs Erin

      Delete
  2. On my Momma's old computer, she kept turning her head to the side in confusion ... so I did her a favor and rotated the display 90 degrees! You'd think the computer exploded! Luckily, I wrote down all the words she used for my future use ... "Momma! My litter box is *&^@%# $^&!" Hehehehe. Never had rogue punctuation though ... unless you count those keys I popped off her laptop ;) That laptop took an early retirement too! Bear Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now keys popping off and rotating screens, (or is that screams?) sounds very spooky in deed, and most apt for halloween too ;) Since the last incident, peep and I each have our own keyboards, mine without a delete key. purrs ERin PS, I'm told that if a peep's head starts spinning, there is nothing you can do with the screen, and suggest evacuation ASAP!

      Delete
  3. I think you have to watch out for those asterisk things, they can be tricky Erin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently those pesky asterisk can lead to bigger and worse things too! Peeps says there is something called a hyphen, though it isnt a water monster as I thought! purrs ERin

      Delete
  4. You're so adorable, Erin. I'm glad the peep has a pink duvet for you. It suits you so well. Erin, a lot of Americans find the English spelling of words charming so you should stick to your spell check.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I do like that colour, and peep doesnt mind it so long as I don't leave paw prints on it, as though I would! Anyways, the spelling this is a confusion for sure, but so long as we all understand, I think I shall just leave it as it falls. purrs ERin

      Delete
  5. I am glad you discovered what the asterisk was. Spelling is my mum's bugbear too. She had the computer set for English UK but so many things were getting underlined that she turned spell check off. I think it might have saved her sanity. Instead of worrying about red lines now, her stupid shift key only works when it feels like it so she has to check that she has capitals where they should be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, that there little spider was so very small, and had me going for quite some time. I wondered whether it realised the chaos it was causing or was just getting on with life? Ooh now those shift and delete keys are always causing trouble, I think we need voice recognition instead, or maybe just get our peeps to take dictation. purrs ERin

      Delete
  6. Mee-you mee has trubull with punk-two-ayshun all so ERin gurl. Sumtimess LadyMum has to assist mee or mee wood make l-o-n-g sentencess....... Shee says they are called 'run on' sentencess...
    Wee are blessed to have good staff (fur thee most part rite?)
    An yur Selfie iss deevine mee furend!
    ***paw kissesss*** Siddhartha Henry xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Siddhartha Henry, you are so right, we do need good staff, and they are so hard to find these days. Run on sentences, huh. I have had some plots get away from me, I wonder if that is caused by those sentences? Sounds like I need a bigger supply of brackets and full stops. Mouses!

      purrs ERin

      Delete
  7. Very pretty selfie. I have read that commas can save lives. For example, if we say "Let's Eat, Erin " versus "Let's Eat Erin" :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeek! That is one sentence I DON't want misspelled. MOUSES!

      purrs ERin

      Delete
  8. That is the advantage of being a non-English speaker : we don't know which word is from the US and which one is from UK, we are just happy to know the word and be able to spell it in a right way ! Purrs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi guys, I think you may be on to something, with being non English speaking, maybe the world should be the same too, that way we could skip the whole spelling thing? purrs ERin

      Delete
  9. Every time I open your blog I just get the biggest tickle by seeing those EARS. Those ears have to be the best ears on any kitty I have ever seen. Maybe mama should ...er..
    clip mine...ouch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, you do know how to make a Princess feel special, thank you, that has just made me purrrrr. Best not have your ears clipped until you need to, mine were for medical reasons, but I can still enjoy a good ear rub and hear a mouse so things aren't too bad.

      Purrs
      ERin

      Delete
  10. Erin, ones punctuation should be... oh what the freak, we have no clue about such things and say it like we see it!!!! Too many exclamation marks some may say, we say we're making point so take note!!!! !!!!!! !!!!!! And we can use as many as we like, we're rule breakers fur sure and mew know what? We don't care because we're cats and we're better than punctuation, grammar and spelling - just call us rebels without a clue MOL MOL Oh, and don't get us started on spelling or grammar, as we have this to say - phooey!!!!!!!! !!!!!!! We loved your post today, gorgeous selfie and we are furry purrleased that Asterix is not a casualty of the delete button :D Uber Purrs Basil & Co xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Basil, you are a delight and an inspiration to all us Princesses, kitties or not, we loves that rebel stance, it gets things done!!!!!!! Next time I get invaded by some stray punctu-ammer I think I may just give you a call and send in the B-Team! purrs from the Palace, ERin, Princess of Mouses.

      Delete
    2. Erin, one simply cannot become a slave to the rules dictated by the peeps on such matters of written expression!!!!!! !!!!!!! We are cats, and cats make up their own rules; so stuff all that nonsense and express yourself in your own manner, we call it the freedom of feline expression movement or FoFEm... if mew'd like a copy of our 29,093 page slim-line pamphlet that outlines most briefly, direct and straight to the point, no digressing whatsoeffur, the simple and easy directives of FoFEm we can forward one to mew absolutely free of charge - normally £$349.22 to anypurrdy else! MOL

      Delete
    3. I know this is way late, but the slimline version sounds just the ticket for a light weekends reading, or as an observation point. At that price I'll have too, can't beat a good bargain! purrs ERin PS Please enrol in FoFEm, I shall have words with peep regarding paying the subs on the grounds of further education.... PPS do we get any natty clothes to wear?

      Delete
  11. Hi Princess ERin.....Thank you you very nice comment about my selfie on the Kitties Blue bloghop. I like the mystery of your selfie. I also enjoyed reading you blog today. It sure made me think.
    Purrs ........
    Scout Charles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Scout Charles, the whole blog made me wonder I have to admit, in fact, I thought so much, I had to have an extra nap afterwards!
      Purrs
      ERin

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. Thank you guys, I sure have had enough of those little bits of punctuation for one week!
      Purrs....
      ERin

      Delete
  13. bwahahahaha!! You had me goin' there Erin, yep you sure did. I thought for sure your peep had done and messed up your keyboard. Give that spiddy a round of APAWS for bein' so clever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, I was about to give peep a real roasting, well not a REAL roasting as we are out of firewood, but then the problem ran away on it's own. Yup, Asterix is one smart lad (or lass) and I've let him be acting spider in residence on the second shelf of the library.

      Purrs...
      ERin

      Delete
  14. Oh those darn asterisks! (And Asterix!) I like your idea about just saying U!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we may be on to something then. I shall contact The White House and 10 Downing Street and arrange a meeting ASAP. I think those @ symbols are a bit spooky too, all curled up ready to pounce. Mouses!

      Purrs...
      ERin

      Delete
  15. Erin, whatever spellings you and your peep want to use is fine with us! As for asterisks, we find them a little creepy, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I shall try and even things out and use both. I shall definitely be avoiding asterisk for a bit, and that @ symbol, which is just creepy to me. I think I need to invent some nice looking symbols.

      purrs ERin

      Delete
  16. You look bootyful as always Erin. But we would be gettin' dat spider or mommy would be freakin' out. MOL Big hugs. Have a pawsum week.

    Luv ya'

    Dezi and Raena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure that little spider would not have invaded your computer with you ladies around to look after things. You do a great job, and not letting your peep freak out is very important in deed. Have a blessed week...

      Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  17. Oh my mouses! That spider was playin' a Hallowe'en trick on you, for sure. And don't even get me started on spell checks. MOUSES!

    Purrs,
    Seville

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Seville, I think you're right! And I didn't even get the chance to ask for my treat! Oh well next year I'll have a supply of brackets and full stops handy to put paid to any mischief!

      Purrs,
      ERin

      Delete
  18. oh Mouses indeed! Spiders you say interfering with the spell checker. Is there an evil genius somewhere turning asterixes into spiders so they will take over the movie industry?
    Mom tells our computer to add grey and colour and behaviour to the dictionary so the evil Red Line doesn't take over the world...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeek! Invasion you say, right I shall get on to the army straight away, I believe they have a lot of blue lines they can use to counter the threat! Yes, that red line gets everywhere, in fact it was around when peep was at school, a lot apparently. I think maybe that was a sort of infection, as peep just had to use a dictionary to squish them.
      Purrs,
      ERin

      Delete
  19. As British bloggers we can relate, Erin. Why can't Brit English and American English be the same?

    Purrs xx
    Athena and Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What we need is a United English, or just a United language, without asterisk, of course!
      Purrs,
      ERin

      Delete
  20. What do you mean Brit English?? I think you mean Canadian English ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, seems like there is a few English versions around that need to be rounded up. Apparently pigeons use it too, but in a very short form.
      Purrs,
      ERin

      Delete
  21. Those astericks can be a real pain in the ol' asterick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe, you sure made me laugh with that! Sounds just as bad as a pain in the ampersand!

      Purrs,
      ERin

      Delete
  22. What a mess a cup of noodles can make, am I right? It does make for wonderful reading, though. You do know how to make me laugh!

    Jean from Welcome to the Menagerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean, you are right, in fact the office has now become a noodle free zone! Nip is still allowed of course, but not around the keyboard, I'd dread to think the typo's if I got carried away. Mouses!

      Purrs,
      ERin

      Delete
  23. Still one of my favorite posts! And a pleasure to read again. Thank you for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, you are most kind, and the Pet Blogger Showcase is a lovely place to be, with you and Bear too. :)

      Purrs, Erin

      Delete
  24. Eeeeee. I never heard of keyboard characters coming to life! Especially as spiders. Hope Asterix's movie is a hit

    Thanks for joining in the Pet Blogger Showcase Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I say, it's your blog, so you should spell your words whatever way you want!!

    Thanks for joining the linky party!

    ReplyDelete