Saturday, 8 October 2016

Carols and Cream

Now it does seem like Christmas comes earlier each year, and even my peep has been humming Good King Wenceslas and various carols out of tune.

I say humming as peeps singing, like Seville's mom, is way less than desirable and is usually banned to save on glazing repairs and visits from the RSPCF(fw), the Royal Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Felines (from wailing).

In response to my protestations, all I hear is that Christmas is around the corner. Now where this corner is completely baffles me, as I've been around the Palace many times as we have many corners, and try as I might, I cant find Christmas anywhere. I even had the Kraken check the moat just in case there were signs of Christmas lurking down there, but all she could find were a few mail bags, with out mail persons, and a selection of Post Office bicycles. purrs

I have, being a thorough Princess, looked around the corners backwards and then backwards whilst facing the other way, and upside down whilst napping, not easy I can tell you. And from on top of the minstrels gallery, which is pretty high and took some doing, but alas there was no Christmas to be seen lurking anywhere. There were however plenty of cobwebs that didn't have planning permission or agree with building webulations or hygiene standards on account of the dust and dead flies, so I gave the families some assisted relocation to the ground floor.

Now, being an amateur algorythmist and all round enquiring Princess,  I did the math and after many hours nap... er... cogitating, it seemed like the calendar was right, December does fall after October, so long as you carry forwards the 9 and divide by the number you first thought of and add 30....


Whats that peepers? I missed a month?

WHAT!


What do you mean No Embers in there?

Well I know that, that's what the washer's for in the kitchens, isn't it?

OH....


REALLY?


Who knew? but that sure would explain why the laundry has been looking a bit singed of late. purrs


Whats that? November you say, you mean there is an extra month now!

When did this happen, and why wasn't I told?

I mean this will throw all my plans out completely, and the cream ordering will be all to pot.

Heavens, the single will have turned to double, then clotted, and then to sour if it has to last and extra month. Think of the waste. Mouses!

Hmm... only one thing for it, I need to eat more, a sacrifice I think I can bear. purrs

Hang on a minute, checking this here calendar, I can see the months have NOT been rearranged so Christmas should still be still more than 2 months away. Hardly round the corner, though it is 2 glossy pages and some nice country scenes with mice, away, and Decembers mouse looks most appeti .... er... appealing!

Anyways, maybe it was Christmas that that good King Wenceslas was looking for in the carol? Clearly those ancient peeps had the same sort of problems too!

Whats that peep ol' tone deaf one, it was the feet of Stephen you say? Well I never, I know I occasionally stash a few mousy bits and pieces around the Palace, but I have never lost a peep's feet! Seems mighty careless that, and you would have thought Stephen would have noticed especially given their size. Mouses!

Stephens feast you say? He was looking for Stephens feast! Wow, to lose a whole meal is.... OK I will take back what was about to say and didn't as I know I'm always losi... er... relocating guests, sometimes for weeks at a time. Mind you they never want for things to eat to fatten them up, as there's always some of my kibble around.

In fact one guest I'd housed, took up residence in the Palace sofa and stashed a whole weeks worth of kibble in the hem! My, how peep laughed about that, I alas was NOT AMUSED, especially the visit to my Dr in case I had worms. I mean, as though I would be eating those. Mouses!

Anyways my ol' peep, seems like that king must have fallen on hard times as had to have a part time job delivering take outs and fuel. And in all that snow too. You wouldn't catch this princess out on a night like that, no ma'am, that snow plays havoc with the cuticles, not to mention the wet paw prints on the wool duvet.

Whats that peep? He was delivering gifts to the poor, and sharing his table with a peep who lived in the wood?

Hmm, sounds like quite a nice King, to go and deliver food and drink and fuel for a barbecue.

I wonder......

****** Rattling of keyboard ******

Hmm..... seems like there maybe a chance of snow this weekend, OK maybe not here, but it might drift this way, so always better to be prepared. purrs

Peeps, I shall spending the week in the hedge. If you can call that King Wenceslas up and send him directions, I'll be under the Hawthorne bush next to the pile of mail sacks and bicycles.

Oh and tell him to go easy on the yule logs, we wouldn't want him to struggling and hurting his pages back now would we? Of course less logs would mean he could maybe squeeze in a few extra mice, maybe?

Oh and make sure he brings plenty of cream! purrrs

I wonder what other carols peeps knows?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

IT'S SUNDAY SELFIE TIME!!!!



We are joining this weeks Sunday Selfies, hosted by the Stupendous Kitties Blue over at The Cat on My Head blog.











This weeks selfie is entitled "A Princess at Rest". 



To see what all my pals have been up to this week, click the images below, and enjoy the HOP! 

purrs ERin









57 comments:

  1. Christmas, Schmistmas! We can't wait for BOXING DAY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you on that, I have ordered mine already, and I'm treating peep to one too, extra extra big size. purrs ERin

      Delete
  2. Erin, you do indeed look like a princess on your pick bed. Mom says, "Please don't rush Christmas." She can't even think about decorating for that yet! Thanks for hopping. XOCK, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I agree, no decorations will go up here until the week before, and even then only a few in case the peep has another go at cooking and causes yet another fire! purrs ERin

      Delete
  3. Erin you look lovely AND you made us laugh.

    We love Christmas trees, but Christmas is a bit stressful but at least we don't get as cold as the UK!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Now the best Christmas we could have would be a white one, followed by a nice warm spell, with plenty of cream! purrs ERin

      Delete
  4. Erin, we love your pink-licious pallet :) Beautiful as always ... though that first picture is our favorite. Bear says if he finds the Christmas corner, he will let you know STAT ... as long as it doesn't take him near your Kraken friend :)
    "Relocating" guests .... hahahahaha! Do you "have" them for dinner, Erin?
    ps - You and your Peep are one-of-a-kind ... as is your story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bear Hi Momma. Peep has given me a free paw with decorating the Palace, and bringing up to speck. I mean a lady needs to stamp her paw mark on things. purrs ERin PS.
      Nope no worries re the Kraken, she has checked the moat and no corners in there so, Bear, you will be fine, just remember to sing sweatly and carry a large tasty chicken! PPS yes the guests do often stay for dinner, sometimes they don't leave together but... oh well c'est la vie!

      Delete
  5. Yep, cream is ALWAYS the most impawtant thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't leave home without it, well peep tries to get me to clean my whiskers but I do like to have a little for later on! purrs ERin

      Delete
  6. Erin, we're not big fans of Catmass and the only thing the P.A. enjoys about it is the time off wurk and decorating the tree! MOL

    Purrs

    Basil & Co xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes peep is similar, but we get to enjoy a whole couple of days off with each other and that is fun. purrs ERin

      Delete
  7. Well I do love Christmas Erin and I'll go look around the corner immediately! Did you know I was born on a Christmas Tree Farm? Seriously, tis true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, that make you extra special in my book, do you get to have first pick putting up the decorations? My birthday is 25th December, peep says I am special too, but we don't have a tree or decorations, just each other. purrs ERin

      Delete
  8. You look so pretty on pink, Erin. I don't see those mail bags or bicycles though.

    I hope the king brings you plenty of fresh cream!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pink is really my colour, and peep doesn't mind so long as I don't get paw prints on everything pink, as they do rather show up. Mouses!

      Delete
  9. Hehehe you look very comfy there on your bed,Now I'm with you on a white Christmas That would be Pawsome!I can't wait for Christmas cause Come the 1st of December and that is when I start my Christmas Count down.Mummy got a real tree last year and she says we can have one this year too!xx Speedy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Real trees are so much fun, I hope you get one with lots of special treats and gifts to share. Me, I'm hoping I get one with mice decorations, and frosted in cream. purrs ERin

      Delete
  10. Christmas does sneak up fast so keep watching for it. Good idea to eat the cream, it is a sin to waste. My singing is so bad that Phoebe's Grammie has bought her ear muffs to cover her ears. XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, that must be bad! Peeps is slightly hard of hearing which explains a lot, also why I spend a lot of time outdoors! Great idea, the earmuffs, I wonder if I could get some mice to use instead? purrs ERin

      Delete
  11. Hi Ernin! Long time no meow! We love Christmas here in our house, but Mommy HATES the blizzards in the winter. We love your selfie - you are definitely a princess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lola, purrs, great to hear from you. I have added you blog to my feed so I don't miss out on your posts any longer! No snow as yet but I live in hope of that King coming to give me some cream. Blizzards arent for us either, nicer to be in watching it that out in it. purrs ERin

      Delete
  12. Yur a beeuteeful Purrincess at rest ERin!!!!
    Mee hopess you not get snow!! Not yet...it iss 42 deegreess here an north wind an cloudy.....BBBRRR!!!!!
    LadyMum iss wearin a Turtullneck!
    ***nose kissesss*** Siddhartha Henry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Siddhartha Henry, Cold night here too, but no snow, which means no food delivery frokm that King. Mouses! Peeps is up in bed with the wool duvets on, and sheep socks. So I said I would come up later after the Selfies to help get the temperature up. If we can help at all just give the Palace a call. purrs ERin

      Delete
  13. Oh Noooooooooooo! Another month has been added to the calendar. Yikes! And now you also say snow is expected tonight? We are not ready for this winter stuff at all. Mousies!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mouses, in deed, I'm not at all ready. Christmas is too soon upon us and too quickly away to enjoy! Mind you when it is here it is fun.... No snow so far, but Maybe King Wenceslas will come if I send him a picture of snow, there is bound to be some somewhere near by, like Lapland. purrs ERin

      Delete
  14. We don't do much for Christmas, just a tree, but clotted cream? Now you're talking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you approve, I'd happily skip the tree and just have the cream under my fav bush, but you know peeps, they just love spangly things. purrs ERin

      Delete
  15. You really do look like a princess on your pink blankie, Erin. We can't believe you're talking about Christmas this soon. We don't want to rush it. Though having that tree to climb again would be kinda fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, but everything seems to be gearing up already. Maybe if I move the months on the calendar I can delay it a bit longer? purrs ERin.

      Delete
  16. You look just gawjus Erin. Don't tell us you already have snow!!! As fur Christmas, this will be Raena's furst. Mommy hopes to be able to get us somethin' this year. Either way, we'll have each other and dat's all dat really matters. Hope you have a pawsum week.

    Luv ya'

    Dezi and Raena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No snow, not at the Palace, anyway but there is bound to have been some somewhere that I can pretend we might have had? I do hope when the snow does come, we all can have a fab time, and celebrate the season well. You guys wrap up warm and Santa will come down and visit... he does you know and has all our names in his book, so long as you've been good of course! Have a blessed week. purrs ERin

      Delete
  17. Purrsonally, I adore Christmas and I'm usually ready to start celebrating earlier than most people :) Snow sounds pretty darn good too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like to look at the snow, and have tried to have a wander around but it seems to be the wrong sort we have here, not at all nice like in the calendars. We won't celebrate until last minute, then it will be a mad rush to get 3 Brussels sprouts and some holly! purrs ERin

      Delete
  18. We like that selfie, ERin! And no, we're so not ready for Christmas yet ... we still want to enjoy Autumn, and all it's colorful awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you, really Autumn should never be ushered out in favour of Winter, it has so much to offer. Winter is so miserable here, rainy and dark. Roll on dry clear leafy days and nights of autumn, and the many rich colours and mice. purrs ERin

      Delete
  19. That Winceslas is one very odd king. First he hides Christmas around the corner behind a pile of no-embers, then can't find his feet or his subjects feet - or was that his jester's feet? After that he finds this guy named Stephen and gives away of his food? I sure hope he didn't give all the chickens away. Mom put no-chicken in the fridge again and I specifically ordered Chickens!!! And I told her so.

    Alas Mom gotted hoodwinked by the NO-Chicken bandit and my chickens am no-embering somewhere. -Lil Bear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lil Bear. If you got done by the No Chicken bandit, you need to get our pal Bear Cat on the case as he is a great one for finding tasty Chickens. I'm sure he would relish the job, or maybe just a light white wine sauce with nip. purrs ERin PS. Next year I am having all the corners of the palace rounded, that way Christmas can't hide from me!

      Delete
  20. What's with this King westhaul joker and why sing about him for Christmas. Let's sing of Santa and goodies with toys. Cream sounds very tasty. We never get any. Mom says we're lactose intolerant. We don't want lactose....we want milk with lots of cream on top. Lactose and cream do not sound alike...get with the program. I hope Santa doesn't spill any either. Sour cream is not a pleasant smell so Santa would be vacating his sleigh for ahorse driven carriage. Just sayin'

    Shoko

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shoko, you make very good points there, I shall write to Santa, Big S as he said I could call him, and see if I can have a special lactose free cream delivery, early, so it wont go off waiting for Christmas or on the way down the chimney! purrs ERin

      Delete
  21. Christmas, already? Yippee! That means sparkly toy things up on the mantle! Stay toasty if you get snow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got spangly things? WOW! I didn't and I now feel a little deprived. Mind you, I did get loads of cream and a very special gift last year, so I won't complain, well maybe just a mouses whisker worth.... purrs ERin

      Delete
  22. It seems that we skipped Autumn this year too, Erin, but we're not ready for Christmas yet. Maybe tomorrow, but not today. I think we can have a little cream earlier though.... Pawkisses for a warm week ahead :) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI *Waves* I do think we need to postpone Christmas till sometime in December. I'm sure it would bring back some of the natural magic that peep said there was in childhood. Mind you that doesn't mean we should celebrate cream each day, I mean after all the work that goes in it is the least we should do! purrs ERin

      Delete
  23. Aww, what a great photo. I still can't believe it's October already. Why are you talking about Christmas?!? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it is a mystery to me why Christmas, which is supposed to come but once a year, isn't just once a year? In the shops it's every day from now till 24th December after which it's on to the January Sales and Easter. purrs from a confused ERin

      Delete
  24. Your peep has been caterwauling? MOUSES!

    It's at times like these that a kitty needs a good stock of earplugs, for sure.

    Purrs,
    Seville

    PS. I had no idea your Kraken was a she. MOUSES!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ear plugs are a must, I have discovered that some cheese that is on the turn makes a fairly impervious ear defender, and it has the added advantage of attracting mice too. An all round win win situation, for sure! purrs ERin

      Delete
  25. Ha ha ha! You are a funny Princess. I lubs Chrissymouse too, and I know that the Great Pumpkin brings a turkey and some Pilgrims and then there's presents after a bunch of sleeps and wake-ups but I have so many of those every day I can't even count up the right amount. Like a elebenty-squillion I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Spitty, sounds like I need to get a pumpkin of my own! Do they come in pink? purrs ERin ps. I am off for a nap to see if I can begin to imagine elebenty squillion....

      Delete
  26. The human here has been humming Christmas carols, too, Princess Erin, all while putting up the Halloween decorations. And then there's the stores and their October Christmas decorations, right there next to the Great Pumpkins and happy turkey fellas. We are so confused. Well, there's at least one thing we're sure about, and that is that your sleepy selfie is gorgeous. A princess needs her beauty rest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is outrageous, I mean, I haven't seen any Christmas Cream related products at all! I don't do Halloween, too scary for my peep, but I do hear those pumpkins taste rather nice, especially as a pie, with cream! purrs ERin

      Delete
  27. Oh Princess, no! No! Not Chrispmouse time already! Even two months isn't long enuff! Quick! Do something to stop it. Slow it down. My mom gets all crazy wif stress in weeks leading up to the event. She's not fun to be around, grumbling and griping and sucking her thumb (cuz she sliced it open on wrapping paper, and sometimes she is acting like a big baby...just saying.) *Sigh!* I can see right now we need to stick together. Need a Chrispmouse support group. And nip. Lotsa nip! Meowy Chrispmouse! Herms

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, I like the sound of that. It could take the place of my NUTS group from last year. Hmm I shall make up some of my own months and add them in... maybe Plutober, and Grunuary. What say you, dear Herman, famed Investigator and all round good egg. purrs ERin

      Delete
  28. Dearest Erin, please inform your staff that our Mom am looking for them, especially the one named Mark. We hope that no calamities have befallen your staff as then you would have to hire more and staff are rather hard to find nowadays. What is the best way to contact your staff, do you have a rope with a bell or Facebook or email? Or did the computer has a bad day?

    Your staff are very smitten with another tuxedo cat and by no means are they leaving you, rather they would like our Tuxedo to visit you and learn how to behave like a proper Princess. Howsumever, our palace is in Kansas country and much to far for our 5 month old Princess to travel to meet you. In the meantime, our Princess Pearl has had her shots and is getting ready for her big day. Your staff asked me to keep them updated on the project. We were hoping that pounds of catnip would be sufficient to reimburse the vet for services rendered, but unfortunately he wants green tea leaves instead. oh and Lil Bear may have found the no-chicken bandit.

    -Kind Regards,
    Katie Kitty Too,
    Chief of Catputer staff,
    Palace of Katiez Furry Mewz

    ReplyDelete
  29. Mom L saw her first Xmas advert on TV last week! She was livid! You look very comfy Princess Erin on that lovely pink beddie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Commercialism is not what Christmas is about, and I wish it could be halted before December. purrs ERin

      Delete