Saturday, 5 November 2016

Playing possum!

Peep?

Oh peep, are you awake?

PEEEP!

Ah-ha, there you are. I don't think closing the eyes and pulling duvet over the head and playing possum routine is actually going to work, mainly as there are no possums in this Palace, or probably in the UK, and you just don't have the hairy legs for it.

Yup those legs just wouldn't cut it in the possum world, for sure. In fact if they, the possums, had drums, I am fairly sure that those there legs would be drummed out of the Honorary Society of Possum, without so much of paw shake or a pension. MOUSES!

Now if those legs had decided to join the Skinned Chicken Society, I do believe you might just be in with a chance, but don't count your chickens, or in deed your chicken legs. In fact don't quote me either as I really don't want to get the blame for them legs, they're all yours, for sure.

Now where was I, ah yes. peep ol' fruit, I have a complaint, and I don't mean in the water works department, though in some senses it is.

Now I don't complain often, as you know, but as head of the Palace Complaints Panel, I do feel it is my duty, nay right and fitting to my position, to make full use of the powers vested in me.

Um, on that point, peep, when do I get this vest, huh? I mean I've been promised it for ages and still no sign. In fact I haven't even had the fabric swatches or designs to approve.

Not that I am fussy, no ma'am, but a Princess needs to have a suit fit for... er... a Princess! I just can't be seen around the estate, undressed for the occasion, now can I?

It's just like when I took up my community support role as a school crossing warden for the local sparrow and mouse kindergarten, I got one of those natty yellow florescent tabbards with the logo and legend on the back.

Whats that peep?

WHAT!

It was NOT a failure! I mean... OK so it was a bit... OK so they all ran away, but how was I to know the legend on the back had been mixed up from School Crossing Warden cat, and said Cross Waring Cat School den. MOUSES!

Anyways, as I seem to recall YOU, ol' woolly duvet headed one, placed the order! In fact I think it is only fair and due recompense for all the distress caused, that you host the banquet on behalf of the Orphaned & Disabled Mouse Association, of which I am now Chairprincess.

I've ordered the cheese and there will be plenty of nibbles, all you have to do is arrange some tables and make a few beds up for the guests that will be staying for my dinner.... sorry, I mean't staying for my after dinner party!

On the subject of which, and the whole point of this mornings meeting, I must complain that there is something in my bath. Bath number 9 in fact, my favourite bath, well favourite bath numbered 9. So peeps ol' pal, what are you going to do about it, huh?

What do you mean, what is it? It's a mouse of course. Well part of a mouse. Well to be precise, an ex mouse, a mouse sans.... Hmm maybe I should rephrase that, being a family blog and all, and say that said tail and left leg are sans mouse.

No? Aww Mouses!

Come on peep, it's never too early to have a shower, and I really wanted to use that bath, and now I can't.

Pretty please with nip sprinkles on top, is there a chance you could maybe see your self clear to taking a shower, like in the next... hmm, shall we say ten seconds?

I mean I have things to do, mice to chase, and they're stacking up. Well not literally, have you ever tried to stack mice? No? Well let me tell you it isn't easy, and getting those slippery tails and whiskers to knot together takes years of training.

What's that, peep?

WHAT!

Now look, there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with MY sense of timing. If you chose to change the clocks, that isn't my problem, and if you chose to sleep in past three in the morning, well you should expect others to still come knocking I mean, the world doesnt stop turning just because you fiddle with with the big hands on the clock, now does it?

Anyways, as your up, sort of, could you remove said... er... object. In fact if you have a shower you could use the bath cream cleanser on yourself, kill two mouses with one paw, as it were, and save wetting the soap. And we all know wet soap in the bath isn't good, no ma'am, plays havoc on the claws and doesn't taste at all nice on the mice.

And if there is one thing this princess doesn't want to do it's start foaming at the mouth look, that just would not go down well at Orphaned & Disabled Mouse Association Ball. Mouses!

Hmm, I wonder though, would it work for politics....


                                          *********************************


It's Sunday Selfie time!


We are joining the selfies this week, hosted by the fantastic Kitties Blue, from the Cat on My Head blog. 

Great job guys and thank you for being such wonderful hosts!


This week picture is a little snap shot of summer, which has now left the UK shores, no doubt to bask on a beach somewhere warmer!







46 comments:

  1. We feel your pain. It's soooo hard to get a hoomin out of bed, early, to do anything at all. Lazy bones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, managing a peep is such hard work, so undervalued! Still someone has to do it. purrs ERin

      Delete
  2. Oh Princess Erin, that is a great selfie. You sure are looking good. You all have a good Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You, Marg, you too. purrs ERin

      Delete
  3. There's enough of us here that we can get the peeps up pretty easy Erin! Love your photo girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Brian, you do have a distinct advantage. Maybe I should clone myself? MOL Have a great week, purrs ERin

      Delete
  4. We LOVE that upside-down-ish shot! Somehow we never noticed the tiny white part of your paws ... very adorab ... we mean, FEROCIOUS!

    Secret message from Bear Cat to Erin, the Cat Princess ... The Skinned Chicken Society ... is there such a thing ... and how would a cat join?!?!? I'd also like to join the committee for the Orphaned/Disabled Mouse Banquet ... I mean, dedicating oneself to the service of other animals sounds like a fantastic meal .... I mean ... err ... RATS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I got wind, not me I hasten to add, of this society as they are the ones that don't get picked for going to all the public holidays, like Christmas and New Year. Clever bunch, for sure. Well for the committee you need to serve time out in the field, literally then get a desk and skirting job then put yourself forwards, with best smile of course! purrs ERin

      Delete
  5. Erin, that is a beautiful selfie. That clock changing throws everyone off for a while. I am most impressed you are chairprincess for a mouse cause- you are very sweet. XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I does my best to pay back the gifts that are bestowed upon me by nature. Nothing at all to do with meal times and the like! purrs ERin

      Delete
  6. Erin, you outshine any flower you are next too... How comes your staff won't get out of bed at 3 in the morning? All that chicken leg talk made Mom and me hungry.

    -Benjamin Lil Bear who must has chickens at three in the morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katie Kat, thank you, that is so very sweet and I am blushing. I shall mention this to peep tomorrow morning when start my wake up visit. purrs ERin

      Delete
  7. I have an awful job trying to get my mum out of bed in the mornings, then night times I have a job trying to get her to go to bed so I can lie on her. Your selfie is a nice reminder of summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Flynn, seems like peeps across the land just have really bad timing. No wonder us felines need to have more daytime naps! purrs ERin

      Delete
  8. And to top it all Princess Autumn has left it more like winter now,xx Speedy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, yes, Autumn blew in then out straight away! Winter nights by the fireside for me and peep. purrs Erin

      Delete
  9. Yeah, humans are so weird with their time changing.

    Your selfie is so pretty!

    Purrs xx
    Athena and Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Marie, hi Athena. This whole time change thing is crazy, I agree. Meals just don't turn up on time and when they do start, things change and they go back to being wrong again. Mouses!

      Delete
  10. Erin, that sounds like a fine feast...err, we mean after party, you are planning for the mice. Best not let them see what is left of one of their predecessors. Thanks for hopping with us. XOCK, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi all, hmm, yes, good point. I will have peep take more showers! three times a day and between meals should do it. purrs ERin

      Delete
  11. Mee-you this clock back an forthin stuff iss weerd ERin mee furend!!
    Mee gotted LadyMum uppy at 8:35 A Em an shee said "No'ssss See-dhartha Henry iss onlee 7:30 A Em!" Mee was like "What thee kat you mee-yowin about LadyMum?" An shee showed mee thee clock an thee numburrss did not lie.....mee feelss badlee mee woke her uppy butt mee was sure it was thee rite time......**sighsss**
    At leest wee have yur beeuteefull self to look at an admire rite????? ;)
    ***paw kissesss*** Siddhartha Henry xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peeps and their changing things, they are never happy with just leaving alone. We'd all know where we stand if they did, I'm sure. Oh, you do spoil me with such fine compliments, you are a fine Gentlecat, and I do declare your mom is a very lucky peep. purrs ERin XXX

      Delete
  12. You look so cute, Princess Possum :D We are happy that the time is back to normal, so we're up earlier than in Summer :D We had a great laugh after the stacking mice...MOUSES! Pawkisses for an Easy Sunday :) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, glad you enjoyed, it was quite an image. Can't get the stack very high mind as they do squirm a bit. Mouses! purrs ERin

      Delete
  13. As always Erin, you're lookin' extra luvvly. What kinda vest is it you're lookin' fur? We're sure you'd look pawsum in any fabric. As fur da clock changin' nonsense, we don't quite get dat either. But we didn't let it get in da way of our gettin' mommy up. A few well placed massages on da bladder and she was more than willin' to get da day started. MOL Big hugs fur all. Have a great week.

    Luv ya'

    Dezi and Raena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think after the spelling debacle, I'll give the vest a miss. Though I do fancy something in camouflage pink, if there is such a thing, for the summer fashion scene. Oh yes that bladder rub move is one to try, I am working my way up to that, starting at the toes. MOL purrs and hugs and a blessed week, my friends. Erin

      Delete
  14. There's an Orphaned and Disabled Mouse Association? I NEVER KNEW! MOUSES!!!

    Purrs,
    Seville

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it seems like I am in part to blame for that! But Christmas is coming and the mouse is.... sorry the goose is getting fat, so its time to share and be happy, and as they say, charity begins at home, under the bush, the bed, and beside the mouse hole.

      purrs Erin

      Delete
  15. Mudpie decided if you can't beat em, join em! She loves sleeping in with me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't usually like the bed being cramped, but I think with the cold weather I will be doing some of that too. purrs ERin

      Delete
  16. Aww, great selfies, Erin. I'm not one to sleep in, so my kitties can get me out of bed pretty easily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm sounds like my kind of Palace. You must pass on your secret to my peep! purrs ERin

      Delete
  17. Erin, you're so good at this selfie thing. You look meow-vehlous!

    The time change thing is a pain, for sure. Our peeps were a little tardy with our food this morning. Not cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, if that late food delivery keeps up, I'd be calling a meeting, maybe a reduction in cuddling time or work a nap to rule, until normal service resumed? purrs ERin

      Delete
  18. OOOOh a Mouse Saga, "The Mousungs" Shame it didn't work on peep eh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that sounds a GREAT idea, a tale of ordinary mice and an ordinary Cat Princess, down amongst the bushes in rural England. Like it, shall we get Mr Spielberg to direct?

      Delete
  19. We HATE that time/clock changing thing. We think that whole thing was invented to keep humans from having to feed us breakfast at the appointed time. That's not going to fly right in our house. MOUSES!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There does seem to be conspiracy going on, for sure. Maybe next spring I can get my own back by moving the clocks back an hour rather than forwards, then when peep changes it later on, it will still be the same time! purrs ERin

      Delete
  20. I think your peep is not spending enough time to listen to you. OMC, royalty as you should be priority. If there is something in your bath that is disturbing you they should remove it right away. Change the clock hours is not a reason to delay things.

    Purs,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Billy, My case is justified I feel, and you're right, I do need peep to pay attention more, even at 3am! purrs ERin

      Delete
  21. Dad P does most of the clock moving around here. Mom L just wakes up and starts moving expectin Dad P has set all in order. Funny thing thought, TKS isn't havin' any adjustment needed to make sure her dinner is served ON TIME!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In this Palace, I do have to do all the work, so I don't change the clock in spring, so I dont have to change it in the fall. Works for me, and peep has got used to arriving early for half the year. MOL

      Purrs ERin

      Delete
  22. Erin, a princess should never have to beg a human to pay attention to her. Does your human not know to stop everything and listen to your every meow and mew? Well, she should! My girl Thimble says that, next time your peep is trying to sleep through your requests, stomping on the throat usually does the trick. At least it works wonders for Thimble (and from a human's perspective, yes, that does work).

    Oh, and lovely selfie! Purrs to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The throat, huh, that does sound interesting. I shall have a go. The one problem I have is peep gets so wrapped up in the wool duvet it is hard to see anything bar the tummy. Maybe I should just jump up and down on the whole lot? purrs ERin

      Delete
  23. Erin, we feel your pain, really we do! It's like the time Smoochie brought a mole into the sitting room to disembowel it on the furrsian rug, the P.A. was so UNGRATEFUL and then the time she woke up to a bunnies head on the pillow next to her at 3 am, I mean mew know we cats do all of these beautiful and wundrous things fur our peeps with little or NO reward, sometimes I really wunder why we bother... note to self, leave dead pigeon in laundry basket! Happy dayz Purrs Basil & Co XOX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I must compare notes with Smoochie over mole hunting. Mine lay undiscovered for a week, and would have gone longer had not the flies given it away! purrs ERin PS would that be a wood pigeon or a rock pigeon? I prefer the wood myself, though the size and feathers does make use of the Palace cat flap awkward!

      Delete