Saturday, 26 November 2016

The Test!

Right, according to this literature, to survive this test of cunning, guile and princessly intuition, I'll need to have a pencil, eraser, paper, a large supply of cream, AND several mice, slowly marinated in Niptini.

OK so I might just have made the last two up, but there's no way this Princess is going in unprepared, no ma'am. Should the worst happen and we're hit by an earthquake, tidal wave or a plain old invasion, this Princess will be ready to stand firm, well more lay firm and have a nap, a snack, and a Niptini. Civilisation must go on. purrs

WOW! Apparently I only have thirty minutes and the clocks running, that can't be right, I mean No princess can take JUST thirty minutes to get things done, a pinch of nip in ones tea takes longer to prepare.

Nope, not right all.  Maybe I should just add a couple of hours onto that, to be on the safe side, after all you just can't rush nature, or my tummy.

OK, what else must I do?

Hmm, right, seems like I must assume the position. Well that seems easy enough. Just get myself over on this here window ledge, where I'll have the perfect view, and somewhere to take notes.

All set, I think. OK, best begin.

First thing on this check list is, Is it Big?

Yup, it's fair to say that's massive, possibly massive with a hint of gigantic thrown in. So that's a CHECK.

OK, next item is, is it Black and threatening in an ominous, end of world fashion?

Well, it most definitely is threatening, and ominous too, so that's a CHECK. But as to black?  Hmm, well more a shade of grey, but maybe I'm just being picky?

OK, I'll just call that mid black, not sure if that's an actual colour, but it is definitely somewhere between black and grey. Mid it is, with a hint of matt, but most definite end of days threatening with more than a hint of biblical ominous.

An on the subject of Matt I always wondered who he was? He sure gets a bad deal in the scheme of things. Surely he wasn't that dull and boring that they named paint after him? Mind you, if he was a watcher of paint drying for a living that's enough to make anyone glaze over. OK so maybe glazing over would happen to someone who watched gloss paint dry, but same difference. MOUSES!

Anyways, back to these instructions. The next question is, Is it wet?

Hmm, well, only one way to be sure, I'm just going to have to take my life in my own paw and brave it and go and see....

Hang on, is that the time? Heck I'll be late for my meeting with the Wool Duvet Testing Board. Best nip off and have a na.... er.... have an Executive Power Break to prepare. purrs

****** Some time later ******


Well that was fun, and I'm fully refreshed and ready to rumble with the Dark and Ominous powers that be, (with a hint of matt grey). Wow! Still dark I see, and it's nearly noon! Things must be way worse than I thought. MOUSES!

Oh well I cant hang around all day, I need to get this stuff sorted out. Now where was I?

Ah, yes, next question was, is it wet? 

OK here goes, I'm going in! Well to be more accurate, I'm going in, going out!

****** Thirty seconds later ******


Arrrgh! Well, I can safely say it was wet, one hundred percent wet with considerable damp patches around the edges, and biblical sheets, nay biblical thick duvets of air born wet stuff everywhere. Mouses!

Right, says here in these instructions I just need to double check my findings against Sargassum, Laminaria, and Fucus, then look for signs of density, volume, and disposition.

Well, I think on those questions I can safely report as follows, that my Fucus is well and truly limp; it is incredibly thick; there is way more than enough of it, AND it looks very angry, everywhere. Mouses!

So, I think it's safe to say, in summary, that what we have out there is one very angry rain storm, and lots of it. Biblical rain in fact, with demonic matt mid black clouds, with definitely a hint of grey. he seaweed

OK, so all I have to do now is post those answers to this here exam paper to my online meteorological forecasting class, and get my Diploma in Met Officeology. Then I can become the Official Forecaster for my new role as the Palace's 'No need to got to work today' adviser.

Hang on an mo, the suns just come out. Aww MOUSES! Looks like I might just have to go to work after all.

Hmm, I wonder if there are any vacancies at the Institute of Sun Puddleology?


PS, No seaweed, Fucus or otherwise, was damaged in the making of this post.
******************************************************************************************************************************************************************





******************************************************************************************************************************************************************

It's Sunday Selfie Time!


My how the weeks go quick! But then there is no finer day than Sunday...This week we are going the Selfies, hosted by the wonderfuffle Kitties Blue,  from the cat on My Head blog, and celebrating all that is great in the blogging community, the fun and friendship not to mention loads of Easies and Naps.....


Now peep had to spend some time from home this week, on business so I thought I would help fill the clothes carrier....


Imagine my surprise when I was told that packing a little black and white number wasn't referring to me!


To see what all our palls have been up to this week, please just click the links/images below.


Have a wonderful week, and enjoy the HOP!


56 comments:

  1. What?!?!? Not take you with him? Especially with that irresistible face? Then again, you know what they say ... when the cat's away the mice will play! What they play, I'm not entirely sure. Spin the bottle? Board games? Cards? Maybe it's best you stay home to sort out the situation?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe, I'm sure they won't be playing 'Mousetrap'. That would be my favourite game. Maybe they'd play 'trivial pursuit' I understand there is cheese in that! purrs ERin

      Delete
    2. Thanks for linking up to the Showcase :)

      Delete
  2. Aww never mind just save your B&W number for Christmas,xx Speedy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All dressed up and nowhere to go, that's peep and I! Still, Christmas is there to get the glad rags and fur on have fun! purrs ERin

      Delete
  3. I think you're right though Erin, the mice and niptinis might be pretty darn important!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew I should have taken some, thank you Brian, I shall resit my paper and have the nip & mice to paw. Now all I need is another good storm. purrs ERin

      Delete
  4. I think you should gloss over Matt, Erin!! ;-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe, thanks Austin, nothing worse than watching paint dry, even if it is pink! purrs ERin

      Delete
  5. Phew...can I now have a niptini to handle your situation, Erin :D Pawkisses for a wonderful Sunday :) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do believe I will be joining you with the Niptini, all this further education is very taxing. Mind you the Institute of Sun Puddleology exam was a piece of cake, and I could do it in my sleep, which in fact was a requirement! Have a great week.
      Purrs ERin

      Delete
  6. You always make Mum smile! You are a lovely princess with a great sense of humour :)

    Purrs xx
    Athena and Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you both, smiles bring the world closer together my peep says, well I said and peep typed it! Have a great rain free week! purrs ERin

      Delete
  7. We had that biblical rain last week and I was shut indoors. There could have been mousies being washed out of their mousie holes and I couldn't go and check.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate not being able to patrol the Palace grounds, sort of like an unofficial mouse closed season. But there are only so many of the wet paw prints peep accepts on the duvet before I'll be grounded. Still, things have drained down in the moat, and mousing has resumed this weekend. purrs ERin

      Delete
  8. We know you can rise to any occasion, your Highness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you guys, I try to put my best paws forwards in all things, except puddles! purrs ERin

      Delete
  9. Don't you hate it when Mother Nature lets loose like that? A cat can get mighty wet if unprepared, for sure. MOUSES!

    Purrs,
    Seville

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, yes, totally uncalled for chaos! Still, on the plus side it filled the moat up and the Kraken got to have a good wash down! I will be better prepared next time, and have insisted peep comes out with me, with an umbrella and wellies! purrs ERin

      Delete
  10. OMC Erin, ya' know we live in da U.S. so some words mean totally different things. We have no idea what a "rubber" is fur you, but here...OMC 'specially when paired with your "big" sentence. MOL Never da less Erin, you be lookin' gawjus. We're havin' some of those nasty storms ourselves. So bestest we all stay in and nap. Big hugs to ya'll.

    Luv ya'

    Dezi and Raena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my word! I am blushing now you have mentioned that, it is an eraser, or pencil eraser/rubber, which is clearly something I need to go and check on and erase in my blog! You all stay safe and out of that rain, and have a blessed week. Loves you all! purrs ERin

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Oh my, yes, two weeks rain in one day is way more than this Princess needs, even in two weeks! purrs ERin

      Delete
  12. Sunpuddleology! What a great thing to study! Love your photos, Erin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a hard, and time consuming exam, but I think it's worth every cat taking. And you should get time off from your own palace chores to do it! purrs ERin

      Delete
  13. Yur beeuteefull inn ANY color ERin mee furend!!!!
    ***paw kissesss*** Siddhartha Henry xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Siddhartha Henry, you are such a Gentlecat. Have a blessed and Buddha full week. purrs ERin

      Delete
  14. Your report sounds like a good and accurate one to us, ERin. Just have it ready for the next storm that comes along! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I think I should have aced that exam. Still, peep has put the exam paper by the laptop so I can fill it in as soon as it goes dark, assuming it's not nighttime that is! purrs ERin

      Delete
  15. You would ace any exam Erin, you are a clever kitty- and adorable too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you for your confidence in me. I shall however defer my sun puddle exams until summer, just to be on the safe side! purrs ERin

      Delete
  16. We would love to study Sunpuddleology, too. We think we would do well. Nice selfie too, Erin...too bad you didn't get to go, but we don't think you'd really want to get packed into that bag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is bound to be a correspondence course in your area, and I'm sure you'd be a natural with the technique, like me. Oh my yes, there was no way this Princess was going to travel baggage class, as there is no cream or mouse bar or in flight magazines in that section of the plane. purrs ERin

      Delete

  17. AWWW.Don't you look especially sweet looking up from that clothes bag Erin? You do!:D

    the critters in the cottage xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I thought so and even though my secretarial skills, catering skills and dress sense way better, they just think a cats place is in the home. Mouses! purrs ERin

      Delete
  18. Darn that weather changing up all the time. Raining, then sunny. Can't a cat just stay at home and not go to work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, it's so difficult to plan for anything these days, in fact figuring out what the weather is doing is a full time job! Looks like I can't escape working whatever the weather.... purrs ERin

      Delete
  19. Hey Erin--Zulu is a graduate of the Institute of Sun Puddleology and he plans to give a course on Friday about how to make the most of a sunpuddle! Someday maybe you can share a sunbeam!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh! Now if you're running a course I'll be happy to attend, especially if there is some sun involved. I'm a very attentive student too, and never miss a day class when its to do with sun puddling. purrs ERin

      Delete
  20. Zulu wants to know if you'd be willing to sell that lovely hat! He thinks it would go well with his fur tone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now the person to ask is Basil, over at Bionic Basils blog, as he did mine for me. Or you can have it sent to you from whomsoever in the USA has got the nonvirtual real bobble hat. If you drop him a missive and I'm sure he'll sort it out for you. I gave a little donation for his time, to his, Smoochies and Parsleys favourite feline charity. Purrs ERin

      Delete
  21. Erin I totally luvluvluv that last photo of you, silhouette against a gorgeous sky. You are such a dear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it is one of my favourites, though not necessarily my best side, if you know what I mean!
      purrs Erin

      Delete
  22. Hello Erin,
    Lily here. We have had some of that nasty weather in our neck of the woods. We have so many windows that there is an excellent view from anywhere in the house but I must say, the best view is the kitchen window or the window by the front door. While massive piles of white stuff pummel the trees and bushes, the humans do the "push" dance, sliding a thing with a long metal handle and a square scoop on the bottom. It s sort of a dance, they slice, lift, throw, slide lift, throw. I'm sure there is a music track just perfect for this dance. Anyway, it's quite amusing to watch.
    Watch the rain from a safe distance,
    Loly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lily, great to see you. Sounds like your peeps are all set for the worst winter can throw at you, unlike the peeps in the UK, where snow falls and everything stops. And thats just for an inch. Mouses! Yup, I do need to get into a safe place when it comes to watching. I oft do it from my bed chamber... or was that a dream? Have a great week. Purrs, Erin

      Delete
  23. Thunderstorms are the best! At least when you are watching them from inside. :) Hope the weather is better and thanks for joining in the Pet Blogger Showcase!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dawn. Yes inside or under a bush is exactly where I'd rather be... now if I could get a bush indoors that would be perfect!
      Purrs ERin

      Delete
  24. That storm sounded pretty scary, and we think you were quite brave to head out in it. You definitely earned that diploma!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm hoping to get a few, the one for sunpuddles and later in the year I have enroled in a Nipology field course. Lots of practical work in that one, which I like as I'm a very paws on feline....
      Purrs, Erin

      Delete
  25. Wow. That sounded terrible. We rarely get thunder here but when we do Sherm likes to hide under just about anything. Always key to watch from inside! You absolutely earned your certificate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, all in a days work for a busy Princess. I'm not adverse to taking shelter under things myself, but find a good book, a mouse and a bowl of cream soon soothe any worries away.

      Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  26. Wow. That sounded terrible. We rarely get thunder here but when we do Sherm likes to hide under just about anything. Always key to watch from inside!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, from inside, with a Niptini and a fat mousie is way better... But sometimes us cats just have to be out and about, I mean the work never stops when you run a Palace.... in between naps of course!
      Purrs, Erin

      Delete
  27. This year, for the first time in my life, we had thunder SNOW! It was wild. Snowing like crazy and then boom, thunder and lightening!

    Glad you were safe inside for all of your weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW, I have never heard of that before, sounds horrid! Snow is not good for us cats, plays havoc on the fur... But thunder is terrible, and I never know where to be, in my hedge if I'm out and about or try to get home into the warm. Trouble is inside things do sound worse, especially in a drafty old Palace!
      Purrs, Erin

      Delete