Saturday, 12 November 2016

What the Dr ordered....


Just what the Dr ordered, a nice clean wool duvet, smell sweetly of.... hmm I wonder what this does smell of?

Oh well, whatever it is I'm sure it isn't at all what the label said it was.

I do recall the last time I ordered the fabric conditioner stuff and peep came back with a lovely sweet smelling, and floral designed bottle, sadly though I dare say a short wash on a low temp was not what the California winemaker had intended for that Crisp white with floral overtones little number. Mouses!

Anyways, I shall just get myself settled in and....

Oi!


What the MOUSES is going on! You just cant go leaping on my bed like that, in that state of... Er, what state are you in? Come on, spill the beans, have you been at the laundry liquid, again?

Watch it! 


Mind what your doing! Some of us need the sleep, and frankly, you being long and slim, bar the bits around the hips and tummy, I think you should confine yourself to the left hand side, against the wall, and if you use the gap between the two, that should give another six inches. No worries about falling through as the tummy will stop that.

Steady on ol' thing, I really don't need you legs doing that, and if you think this princess is going to sleep there, and be squeezed in those frankly scary legs and knobbly knees, you have another thing coming! And I'm not talking about the live mouse that I'll being leaving in your bunny slippers if you don't quit disturbing me. Mouses!

Ouch! 


Hang on, I am not moving an inch, no ma'am, I have earned this spot, nurtured it and grown it into the duvet it is today. OK so may that is a slight exaggeration, but I have spent the last 5 minutes getting it up to temp and molding it to my perfect body shape. Something I hasten to add that you can not on account of the... er... how can I put it delicately? Hmm OK so there is no other way of describing that huge doughnut you've eaten, you know the one the size of a spare tyre!

That does it! I'm off! If there is one thing I can't stand, or in deed nap for, and that's snoring oh and turning over in bed, it's not as though you have nice white floofy bits to be tickled. Mouses!

****** Later that night ******


Well, all said and done, once the peep is safely tucked up in bed, you just can't beat a snooze on a comfy sofa, especially when the fire has been burning and the last embers light the hearth with an iridescent glow, like the last rays of an autumns sun sinking behind the horizon. Of course a small Niptini helps too! purrs

Ah, just what the Dr ordered, peace and quiet and a chance to unwind, to wax lyrical about...

OI!

What are you doing up? Now look, peep, just because you can't sleep that is NO reason for this little Princess to have her evening ruined. Anyways there's no room on this here sofa for you and me both, and don't even think about....

Hang on, you can't do that.....

OK you can, but I warn you I am not prepared to share more than half this sofa, especially with those bunny slippers. I mean they give me the creeps, the way those ears stick out at different angles and the eyes are all askew and bounce around when you walk. Not at all rabbit like in fact are you sure they're rabid weasels on nip, that sure would account for the confused look in the eyes. Mouses!

Anyways this isn't at all how it's supposed to work. You go to bed and I go and have a na.... er... gather my thoughts of the days events and do a stock take of our cream supplies. purrs

Ouch! that was cutting, I don't call you fat, now do I, well OK not in so many words but then that is for your own good, I mean, no one else loves you enough to say it, and keep you on track on this diet. By the way, hows that going?

Let me see if I can pinch more than an inch....

****** Girly screams ******

Well there is no need to fly off the sofa like that, you nearly had me off?

What?

Well how was I to know that, I mean I don't have opposable thumbs. Anyways, who knew you weren't supposed to use your teeth to do the pinching, not I, for sure. Mouses!

Oh, as you happen to have vacated the sofa, on the way to first aid cupboard could you pick me up some cream, not the antiseptic sort, and maybe a nip sandwich. I'll be up later once I finished getting over the shock of pinching way more than an inch, and it will be JUST what the Dr ordered. purrs

                                                                  ######################################


It's SUNDAY SELFIE TIME! 


Join us this week for the wonderful Sunday Selfies Blog Hop, hosted by the fantastic Kitties Blue, over at the Cat on My Head blog. 

 

This week my picture was taken during an advance Tail Tip Tucking Technique Training (the 5 T's) session. 

This weeks tail exercises were all about retrieving lost treats, not that I have that issue, and flushing prey from a hole.



These exercises are also particularly handy when sorting errant wool duvets. Mouses!




To see what all my other pals have been up to this week, please click the images below, and enjoy the HOP!










46 comments:

  1. Has your hoomin never heard Rule #1? Never disturb the sleeping kitteh. Clearly remedial training is in order here. PS: Mom wants to know if yours has watched The Crown on Netflix? Ours loves it. Her particular favorite is Tommy, the private secretary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish peep had heard of rule #1, but alas in this Palace it seems like anything goes and we have this constant battle of chairs sofas and beds. Thankfully the bath is the only place we DON'T share. MOL Alas we do not have TV and don't get to watch too much on the internet, for peeps sake. I shall look up The Crown and see if I can download it from Amazon. purrs ERin

      Delete
  2. Pawsome tail selfie!

    The Florida Furkids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks guys, that training pays off! purrs ERin

      Delete
  3. Lookin so purrty inn Pink>>>it MUST bee Pink Sunday or sumfin!!
    Yur bloggie made LadyMum laff ERin...fank you fur cheerin her uppy!
    An yur T selfie iss funny! (nn a good way!)
    ***paw patsss*** Siddhartha Henry xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Siddhartha Henry, I think PINK is IN this week, and it is great to laugh MOL Hope your LadyMum keeps laughin the blues away! Purrs and ***paw patss*** to you both. ERin

      Delete
  4. OH Erin your selfies are so delicious! We hope you have a wonderful week!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I keep that tail trim and ready to go, as every Princess should MOL. Have a great week too! ERin

      Delete
  5. That's just how it is here, too, ERin ... humans always insinuating themselves into the bed when we've already got it all purrfect. MOUSES!

    That tail tuck tip is awesome! Pretty advanced move, so thanks for the tutorial. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What I need is a bigger single bed, maybe two! Ooh glad you enjoyed the practice session, I hope to graduate next year, with a black and white belt, of course! purrs ERin

      Delete
  6. You are so funny, Erin! Love your tail selfie. Very cute!

    Purrs xx
    Athena and Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, both, things happen at the Palace that you just wouldn't believe... but that is another story. MOL. ERin

      Delete
  7. Well Erin, you had a nice comfy for a while anyways!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, I do need to work on getting more time in bed, don't I. Maybe if I got peep a bench, like yours? purrs ERin

      Delete
  8. It is very hard work trying to teach the humans to keep to their small corner of the bed or sofa or whatever. That is a very professional looking tail tuck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, thank you, a good tail tuck is hard to master. As to the sofa and percentages, I try and get peep to start at 50% and work down in size, just like a diet. Peep is sadly having as much luck with that as the diet, and we seem to be going up rather than down. MOL ERin

      Delete
  9. Sounds like the peep makes it hard for you to get some good sleep. I do think a mouse in those bunny slippers may be in order.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true, I dread to think what will happen when peep retires! purrs ERin

      Delete
  10. Wow! Those are some amazing tail tucking techniques! I think you deserve your very own California king!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that is most kind of you to say, I do practice loads. This California King, he won't be after my cream, will he? purrs ERin

      Delete
  11. Those darn humans do know how to ruin a good nap, don't they? Good luck with your continued person training!

    Jean from Welcome to the Menagerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, it is as if they think they own the Palace and can do what they want. As to training my peep, hmm, I'm thinking of a finishing school followed by a couple of years in service! purrs ERin

      Delete
  12. Oh, that duvet will be the crux of many a problem in the future. And what's this about pinching with your CLAWS? Really...remember those anthros are softer than we.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm I do think I should get another duvet, but come what may, peep gravitates to me. I think separate Palaces may be the ONLY solution. Mouses!

      Delete
  13. Your human needs to find another place to nap! Nice tail selfie, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peep says it is I who invades the duvet. What peep doesn't realize is that I am early, staking my claim for the next time said duvet is free. Now you'd have thought that would have been obvious. purrs ERin

      Delete
  14. Would you believe I prefer my kitty beds to the big girl bed??? --Mudpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see the merits in that though and at least you don't have any of these shenanigans! Hmm, I could try that, but I'd want a few of the kitty beds to make one super large cat bed, for advance stretching practices! purrs ERin

      Delete
  15. Oh Erin, you know we gotta be delicate with our humans now. They really can get all beside themselves 'bout da extra inches 'round da waistline and such. MOL Not sure 'bout dat fabric softener stuffs, we use dryer balls at our house and mommy sprays purrfume on da sheets when they hit da bed. Anyways, you be lookin' gawjus as always. Big hugs fur all.

    Luv ya'

    Dezi and Raena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello my friends. I can see I need to tread carefully with peep about this diet thing, least ways when I'm walking around the tummy first thing in the morning. MOL Hmm, since the confussion over the wine and laundry condition, we have moved away from scented things unless it is natural, like lavendar filled bags in the airing cupboards. Hugs to you all. purrs ERin

      Delete
  16. Maybe the Peep is just jealous of that magnificent tail? But WHAT'S UP with him expecting you to share a spot that you've owned well for hours already? Sheesh! Choose the bed or the sofa and stick with it! Sounds like you need a more efficient way of marking what is yours in a way he can't ignore ... not giving you any ideas ... because there's a good reason I'm grounded well into my 9th life! ~Bear Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well peep could be jealous, but in truth I think it is being naturally awkward like a lost puppy. When we play Pin the tail on the peep, at Christmas, peep is never keen on having a tail... mind you that could be where I stuck it. Mouses! purrs ERin

      Delete
  17. MOL...I can see the tail moving, Erin :D Purrfect 5t-selfie! I think you are a very compassioned kitty, I mean, leaving a mousie in your peeps bunny slippers, that testifies a good spirit...and that earns the best place to sleep :D Pawkisses for a Happy Day :) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Binky, thank you, clearly you appreciate the finer things, the nuances of etiquette, diplomacy and how to get the best spots to nap. Now if only peep would understand! purrs ERin

      Delete
  18. Erin, we feel your pain. Mommy doesn't sleep well, either. And since I sleep on top of her, it's like sleeping on a roller coaster!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have my sympathy. All I can suggest is getting your peep wedged down the side of the bed and between the wall, failing that, maybe just make a game of the roller coaster action, possibly throw in a mouse or two to spice it up! I find my peep sleeps way better after that sort of adventure. purrs ERin

      Delete
  19. Now THAT ... is a perfectly executed Tail Tuck if we've ever seen one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks guys, I really appreciate the compliment. The training is clearly paying off, in fact peep said I could make a clean sweep of it in a dusting competition. Purrs ERin

      Delete
  20. everfurry times i gets comfurtable the mom has to gets up and do things... now how am us boy cats gonna get our sleep on the couch with the Mom fix with her moving all times?
    -Benjamin Lil Bear who must has hims Mom fix

    Hey what about me? I try to gets a goods nap in while Mom types on the Computer and she won't hold me upside down!! The nerve that she needs two hands to type... Mouses!
    -Katie Kitty Too.

    By the ways... the foster Mommy may be keeping Miss Pearl. She seems to really fit in with the other kitties there. -Purrz from Katie Kat the Mom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really! You do need to get on to the union about lack of Mom fix time, it is an absolute must, and does help keep the peeps in a routine. As to typing and holding upside down, what you need to do is get one of those voice operated systems... or get peep to hold a pencil by the teeth and type with that whist holding you?
      Great news about Miss Pearl, I do hope she has her forever home at last. purrs ERin

      Delete
  21. I think you should work out a timeshare situation with the peep. Maybe that would help? And that tail tuck, I've never seen the likes of such skill before!
    ~Rachel (Three Chatty Cats & Cat Lady Alley)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time share, that is a brilliant idea, I could earn some extra pocket money if I let out the sofa and bed for certain hours of the day, or days of the year! Wow this will be a really money spinner, for sure. Thanks, I have been training for some years now, and hope to set up my own duvet tucking training service. Who says we need opposable thumbs? purrs ERin

      Delete
  22. Erin, so sorry we're late commenting... we tried three times thus far but as soon as we read: rabid weasels on nip slippers, we're crying with laughter and then the P.A. looks like a demented panda that can't see the keyboard to type [not a good look we told her, and purrlease don't go out in public like it] mew are too too funny! Purrs Basil & Co xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh heck.....Sorry, Basil, If I'd know I'd affect your P.A. that way I'd have censored it, I definitely don't want to encourage a dement panda look. Mouses! purrs ERin
      PS You'll be pleased to hear that said slippers are now confined to a skip after and accidental accident involving, strangely and purely coincidentally, a skip! Cat slippers are now on order from M&S purrs ERin

      Delete
  23. oh my Erin, Mom L is all over the place at night. I try and try to accommodate her but how many times can a cat accept being dumped outta bed just so a human can visit their litter box? Really?! This is serious and we cats need to get Ceiling Cat to set some rules...errrrr...ummmmm...like mandates...or, hummmm...more like SLEEPING LAWS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do agree. Maybe we could get peeps to sleep on the floor instead, that way no one will be dumped out of bed? purrs ERin

      Delete