Saturday, 17 December 2016

Where have all the mice gone?

Umm....

Well, there was an incident two weeks ago, behind the fridge. It may have technically been behind the washer but it ended up behind the fridge, for sure. But nobody saw! And it was all over in a flash, and a bang and then vaporized. I really do need to get that fridge checked by the electrician. purrs

And after that?

Er, well, maybe one under the bed the week after? It wasn't a dream, I'm sure it wasn't. I distinctly recall seeing it, as large as life. I'm sure it was there, sure as my nip stash is for er... recreational use, except on Sundays when I abstain.

But I hadn't had any of that, honest, you can ask peep's slippers, the new cat ones with the fluffy tail, they saw it too! OK maybe they aren't the best witnesses on account of not speaking, and being slippers, but that's not the point. If they could they would back me up on this, for sure.

Oh and one in the bath. That was quite a sticky situation that, or should I say slippy? Anyways I really do need to get peep to have nonslip matting put in and move that hair dye. I mean a TUX is only a TUX if black and white. Blonde does not cut it in the TUX CLUB Rule book, no ma'am, though it could account for why peep is so feather brained. purrs

And after, the after that, you say?

Well I have to say nothing comes to mind, at all. Not even a sniff or a glimmer anywhere! not even a spectre or shadow to be seen.

Is it me, doctor, am I going mad? The crazed Princess in the tower, crazier than a squirrel making nut pies kinda crazy, is that what they're calling me?

I just can't seem to catch any mice!

A mouse, a mouse, my Princessdom for a mouse!

****** Some time later ******

Yum-te-tum-te....... OOOH, a mouse, at last a mouse!

I see you, little mousie....

Come on.... don't be shy.

Come to little ol' ERin.... Ahem... strike that image. In fact knock it out of the ball park and just pretend that it didn't happen. In fact I never said, well you know, those words, that word, OK?

Good.

And whatever you do don't move... you hear? Good, I've got an eye on you, possibly three!

OK, so I may have exaggerated just a bit, all I'm saying is I just need you to sit there and wait a moment and we'll start the whole thing again, from the top. Well maybe not from the top, more the middle and round the back of the bookcase, but you get the idea? No?

OK just run with it, and a one and a two and...Action!

Yum-te-tum-te....... OOOH!

I see you, little mousie....

Come on.... don't be shy.

Come to little young, and in prime condition, ERin.

Well?

You could at least say something, in fact you could look terrified and try to run away!

Tough customer huh? Strong silent type too. Well, if I just get my welcoming paw under here and .....

PEEPS! NO! Don't do that, you'll scare it away!

NOOO!

Of all the times to practice vacuuming, it has to be now. I mean I had it in my grasp, ready to snatch it away and... and... aww MOUSES!

Whats a cat gotta do to get a mouse around here? No don't answer that, I know you'll just give me some sob story about how you don't want any mice catching, and how I don't need to be doing it as I'm well fed....

But I'm a cat, and not only a cat, but the Princess in charge of mouse relocation and distribution. If it wasn't for me this Palace would be overrun with mice, distributed or not.

What?

I do not bring them all in, that is one of the conspiracy theories that just doesn't hold water, a bit like that cheap washing up bowl you bought!

A what?

Ooh so that's a colander, I never knew? But still, giving it a fancy name doesn't mean it's not faulty, and it's right up there with string vests and Gruyere cheese in my customer complaints file. Mouses!

Anyways, before you so carelessly and wantonly destroyed my grand coup de gras, not that I have any indoor grass on account of not wanting that lawn mower in the Great Hall, I had this mousie all lined up for supper and you scared it away, vanished at lightning speed it did. Not sure where but it wasn't in my tummy, that's for sure.

You do realise Ive not had fresh mouse for three week! That's months in cat time. I get cravings if I go without for too long. Start tearing around and chasing ghostly illusions. Chasing anything that's furry...

What?

What's that peep?

ME! Seriously? Absolutely not, I totally deny all knowledge as to why your fluffy slippers have holes in them.... even if they are tooth shaped holes.... and have claw marks.... and cat hair on them. Absolutely nothing to do with me, as though I would? purrs


Ooh, hang on! Look there's some over there, sitting in the shadows just under the sofa. Do you see? Boy these mice are getting brazen. They do look nice and tasty and fat, except that on the end, the one on that sweet wrapper stuck to it. Look, over there, beside the pencil and another of your stockings. This lot don't look like they have tails, must be a new breed. Still, makes them more challenging to catch.

Right peepers ol' vacuum challenged one, on my mark you start doing that vacuuming dance, you know, where you bang into things and knock them over, and that ought to get them on the run.

Me? Well, I'll be this side with my mouth wide open to get them as they comes out, of course.

Right, are we ready? Just nod....

Are we steady? Hmm, are you sure you've not been at the nip sherry? OK best you take the fifth on that.

Then GO!

NOOO! don't do that, you're supposed to send them my way, not suck them up!

What do you mean, they were dust bunnies. In my Palace? Bunnies, made of dust? So they weren't mice? Not even dust mice? MOUSES!

You know what, I think I need a nap. This whole lack of mice thing is getting me down. Maybe I should call it quits. Maybe I should be a vegetarian?

I could do that, for sure, and I know for a fact that there's a breed of potato called a Couch that doesn't run very fast. And if I wanted a challenge I could always chase peas.

Yup I dare say I could make a far better job than you, remember I've seen the way you've chased them around a plate with a fork, and still not caught them.

Oh hang on, I forgot about THEM!

OK the whole vegetarian thing is off. Mice or no mice, there's no way this Princess will be chasing hoards of free range Brussels sprouts around the Palace, and what if they got behind the skirtings and started breeding. MOUSES!

OK peep, I've seen the future, and it doesn't have sprouts in it! You get that vacuum warmed up and I'll round us up some dust bunnies!

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%


It's Sunday selfie time!



Sunday Selfies, hosted by the wonderful Kitties Blue over at the Cat on My Head blog, are a wonderful way to meet new and old pals, and catch up on the weeks events....


In this weeks selfie, you find me soaking up a rare bit of sun that found it's way into Bedroom 9 on Monday. Sadly it couldn't stay that long.... 


To see what all my pals have been up to this week and some great Selfies and Easies, just click the images below, and of course, ENJOY THE HOP! 









46 comments:

  1. We LOVE your pictures today, Erin. Looks like your Peep has been taking more pictures to document your overwhelming beauty! Those white paws get me every time :) We hope mouse season perks up considerably. If it doesn't ... those slippers are toast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, toasted mice, that could work! Purrs ERin ps, I try to keep my mittens clean for just such a selfie, doesn't pay to be caught out with dirty paws.

      Delete
  2. Oh, that would explain a lot Princess, there are lots of mice missing here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What! You too? I think we need to call in the Secret Service and do something, fast. Well maybe after a nap.... purrs ERin

      Delete
  3. Frodo's fav place to find mice is behind the stove! You look like you are really enjoying that bit of sun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh you have found some behind the stove! I didn't think to look behind there. Oh, hang on, do microwaves count? purrs ERin

      Delete
  4. That is a lovely selfie, Erin! Looks like a great place to catch some sun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, all, when the morning sun appears it is just the place to spend a few moments in gentle contemplation of mice and cream, and how best to serve. purrs ERin

      Delete
  5. You;re lookin' very purretty today Erin. Dust bunnies big as mice huh? Yeah we've got some 'round here big as us!!! Mommys let down on da cleanin' of late. Maybe you could come over and help us chase 'em away. Big hugs

    Luv ya'

    Dezi and Raena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, dust bunnies as big as cats? MOUSES! Sounds like we'll been needing extra help. Tell you what, I'll bring peep with me an between us we'll sort it. PS best remove all breakables before peep sets to work with the vacuum! purrs fro a blessed week to come. Erin

      Delete
  6. Erin, I'm frustrated just reading this! I wanted you to catch just one. MOUSES!

    You look so lovely enjoying that bit of sun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I was rooting for me too, just one mouse would have made my week. No kibble can compare with a wholemeal mouse meal takeaway. Ah the sun was so nice that day, so I enjoyed a moments reverie before heading off to count the estate sheep. Have a great week, and if you come across any spare mice in need of gainful employ, I know just the Palace! purrs ERin

      Delete
  7. You are as funny and adorable as always, Erin!

    You're a cat, so you can't be a vegetarian. Us cats need meat! Mum is a vegan but she always let's me have meat :)

    Purrs xx
    Athena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I tries to look my best but it isn't easy, being a working Princess on a zero mouse budget. I don't suppose you could lend me a mouse could you, till the end of the week? OK till after supper but I will give it back later, well part of it, maybe. purrs ERin

      Delete
  8. We love the photos of you.

    Have a good day!

    hugs Bugsy, Knuckles and HH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I tries my best to keep up appearances, but it's hard on a limited mouse budget. purrs ERin

      Delete
  9. I feel your pain, Erin, I haven't seen a mouse in a month or more. Now if we are talking about dust bunnies, yeah we have them hiding in all sorts of strange places, but they don't have the same flavour as a nice fat mouse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too? I think we need to come up with a plan and maybe have some imported.Maybe we could swap some of the dust bunnies for a mouse, or part mouse. It's like going cold turkey, not that I like turkey, they are far to hard work to pluck. Heres to a Happy and Festive Christmas and a mouse tastic new year! purrs Erin

      Delete
  10. Dust bunnies posing as mouses?!? How dare they!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, the cheek of it. I wonder if they were trying to get in on the mouses territory, a sort of dusty turf war? purrs ERin

      Delete
  11. Darn those mice! We know you would catch one if it came within a whisker. We love all of your photos Erin, you grow more beautiful each time we see you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I would settle for settle for just a whisker or a tail at the moment, I can tell you. Thank you I know I don,t always feel a million $ but is so lovely when someone compliments me on my looks. purrs Erin

      Delete
  12. We're sorry you couldn't catch just one, Erin. Lovely selfie ! Purrs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking this is just a seasonal Christmas thing, and maybe the mice have gone skiing or snowboarding for the holidays? I hope! purrs ERin

      Delete
  13. Mee-you ERin mee finkss thee foto of you look all **kissey eyesss** iss toe-tally furabuluss....Yur Selfie iss so cute; those purrty ice creem pawss....
    An yur furss look so shiny.....
    ***nose rubsss*** Siddhartha Henry xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you say I had cream on my paws? I must have missed a bit from Breakfast. MOL Well I did have my eyes shut, but a lady never kisses and tells, I shall just have to leave you guessing, sweet Prince Siddhartha Henry. Nose rubs and head bumps. ERin (Princess of Mouses, if there were any!)

      Delete
  14. Your peep chose that moment to... to... to... TO VACUUM? MOUSES!

    Of all the cotton-pickin'-moused-up things to do.

    MOUSES!!!

    Purrs,
    Seville

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, peeps timing is impeccable... impeccably off that is, as usual. Ho hum, maybe in spring I'll catch one of those... er... what are they called again?
      Purrs ERin

      Delete
  15. Replies
    1. I hope so, its been so long I'm not quite sure what to do with one if I did! purrs ERin

      Delete
  16. Poor kitty, it isn't your fault that the peep scared away the mice. Peeps can be useless except for their having thumbs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems like thumbs arent good for my peep, maybe they are on the wrong paw? How would I tell do you think? purrs ERin

      Delete
  17. You look brilliant in your picture Erin! Really elegant and relaxed!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, a moments rest amidst the turmoil of being an international blogger! purrs Erin

      Delete
  18. PS your blog header looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ann did a wonderful job, and in such wintery conditions too! purrs ERin

      Delete
  19. We have lots of those mousies at our house too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I'll send peep around to help out with the capture, but do make sure you pack away all the breakables! purrs ERin

      Delete
  20. Supurr selfie Erin, mew look meowvellous!

    The mice thing is getting a bit desperate here too, but on Saturday when I was lucky enough to be given an outdoor pass, I made it my mission to go down the field and bring one back with in under my allotted 60 minute time. I did manage to find one, it wasn't furry big or furry juicy either but it was better than nothing!

    Sweetest purrs

    Basil & Co xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're clearly not lost any of your mousing skills, one in under the hour is not bad at all. My rate is one under the month, I think. Its been far too long between whatever they're called. purrs ERin

      Delete
  21. MOL...I haven't seen a snack in one and a half year, Erin...except of the one that Granny set free...but your skills are fantastic. I call you when I need any help...or better you call me...MOL :D
    Your pictures are double cute today, Purrincess. We loved the story, you are a funny girl! Double Pawkisses for a Wonderful Week ahead :) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it was a good moment for a picture, rare at this time of year. Happy to come over anytime, mouse or not it's great to have a chase around the place. purrs and pawkisses for you too. Erin

      Delete
  22. Those dust bunnies sound pretty tricky. Imagine ... posing as mouses. MOUSES!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hehe, pretty skilled, for sure! Still, Give peep a week... no, make that a month, and we'll have them gone. Mind you there won't be a single ornament left. Mouses!

    ReplyDelete
  24. NO!! Not dust bunnies!! Mom is sooooo allergic to them!! *sigh* We really like playin' with them around here

    ReplyDelete
  25. Missing mouses, schmissing schmouses—I just wanna say how much we totally ADORE the photo of you on that pink blankie Erin. You are just too sweet and precious for words. You and your peep have a most warm, fun and loving Christmas. Paw pats Savannah and warm hugs Mom

    ReplyDelete