Saturday, 11 February 2017

Be My Valentine?

Peep?

Are you awake yet?

Peep?

****** muffled squeak ******


I mean are you AWAKE, awake and functional?

That would be functional as in motor skills and voice, though strictly for blogging purposes you don't need a voice, but it does add a certain air to the conversation, otherwise this would all be very one sided. And to be fair that there voice isn't always expelling hot air either, sometimes you even manage to get a grip on things and we head on up for the dizzy heights of warm air.

Mind you I'm not sure if we've ever had that moment, that flash of inspiration that illuminates the room, unless of course you count the time you plugged yourself into the power outlet and got blown across the Great Hall and landed in my supper. Mouses!

Yes I long for a moment, a moment so great that angels harps play, and birds sing, and the mailman doesn't get eaten by the Kraken. That moment when you've reached the pinnacle of achievements by actually emanating cold air and good ol' fashioned sense, and being so clued up and switched on you could solve an episode of Columbo before the opening credits have gone up. Purrs

Yup that would be the golden day, for sure. Alas I suspect some dreams are never meant to be and I'm stuck with you as you are, which to be fair, or Mousie brown as you are, isn't so bad. Well not too bad as long as I ignore those little niggling faults, like snoring, and turning over in bed. Boy are they annoying, I mean have YOU ever tried to get a good nights sleep with the sound of heavy traffic rumbling past you, or a minor duvet tsunami washing you away every hour or so. Mouses!

I guess not huh? Well I speak from experience when I say, as one who has lived rough on the streets and was so poor that I didn't even have a single penny to rub together with itself, that living with you, peep, isn't a bed of roses, no ma'am,  more an unkempt hedge with the odd briar rose being thwarted by ivy and brambles.

Still there must be some redeeming qualities my ol' pal. I mean who else would come and.... and.... Hmm, oh yes, how could I have forgotten, of course there's that time last week. No hang on I take that back, that was the milk maid. Purrs

Anyways, moving on I just wondered if you happened to be awake and in a fit frame of mind to discuss a matter with me?

You are? Great! Well it all began last night, well tonight but in the bit that has just gone rather than the bit that has yet to come, even though that is or soon will be last night on account of it now being three thirty AM.

What's that peep? It's still the middle of the night you say? Well I don't think so, not really as in the usual run of things I'd have woken you in a bit anyhow, just to check on how well you were managing to sleep. Of course I'd want you to do your morning physio as well, to check bits hadn't sagged or dropped off. It's so important to have a good stretch.

I mean you won't see us cats getting up without it. Start the day a feline way is what I advocate. And those upper body bends twists and turns, combined with limb rotations and manipulations sure get you set for the day. I mean who'd have thought getting my wet food pouches and kibble could be so beneficial to your physique. Purrs

OK may that's pushing it a bit too far but, the point is peepers that having me is so very good for you in all manner of ways. I mean did you ever think you'd have a masterful feline princess and blogger in your midst? I dare say not, and think of all that bad food I've stopped you eating, like the cream and pizza and doughnuts, not forgetting the nip too.

Whats that? The nip isn't for you? Well I never, all this time I thought you were just being polite. That is so sweet. You know you really didn't have to...... OK yes you did as I do rather need a pinch of that green stuff every now and then. Medicinal Nip you understand, nothing at all seedy or under the counter. Well it is under the worksurface at the back but that's another matter. purrs

OH and it is Valentine's day coming up soon, and before you say it, No I am NOT including the proposition from that travelling Magic Carpet and Lamp sales peep in my list of valentines. Heck, if anyone thinks I'm falling for that old "I'll whisk you off your paws to paradise", or "you have three wishes" routine they'll have another thing coming. I wasn't born under a hedge you know. Hmm ok strike that I was, but that's not the point.

Anyways I have left his card pinned to the gatehouse door should you need it, and there's a sample of the carpet in the corner, and a tin of Brass polish by the lamp. It's just a free sample lamp, no commitments and you get a trial free wish. Nothing big, sort of along the lines of having your bed made or kibble bowl filled all day.

Anyways, peep ol' bulging waistline one, given there are no Princes on the horizon vying to lay waste to whole fields of mice for my honour, I sort of feel I have to do something myself.

So what I wondered was, would you give me a mouse?






Yup a mouse to show your true love for me, one a day will be fine, from now until the 14th will be dandy. Nothing special just an ordinary mouse.

What's that peep? I'll be wanting it on a silver platter, you say, with those little chefs hats on its legs? Hmm, well now you mention it that sounds quite grand. Make sure it's rare though. In fact skip the roast I'll have it lightly garnished with grated cheese and with a sprig of fresh nip. It has to be fresh mind, none of this dried stuff cut with grass clippings. I mean that just won't do for your beloved, now would it. Purrs

What do you mean you'll think about it? Look I need an answer, and I sort of need it NOW. I have things to plan, you know, and naps to have. A Princess has to think of these things in advance and good look such ass mine don't come cheep, well they do and squeak too, but that's just part of my ahem, beauty therapy diet.

Please do say yes? I will be ever so grateful, and promise that you can make me a special tea in celebration of Valentines day and ......

****** muffled scuffling sound ******

You will? Aww that's brilliant, thank you, I'll be your BFFF. purrs

OK, I do think we should get into the mood for Valentine's Day, maybe with a bit of practice. So I thought I'd bring you a present, call me old fashioned, which I ain't, but I thought you'd quite like this, a gift, this little token of appreciation, from you to me, just a little something to say how much you truly love me. Purrs

I know what you're going to say, but I really do insist, I mean I picked it myself. It's less than a carrot I'm afraid, but there may well have been half a carrot in there at some point. But don't fret, it really isn't that big, and they do say size doesn't matter and it's all about the thought.

Now there really is no need to get up, what I'll do is leave it just here, by your slippers, and you can admire it later. In fact if you like I'll drop it on the duvet and you can have a look now, if you wish?

There you go, I'll just drop this little ol' mousie here and if you grab it by the tail you can.....

Peep?

PEEP?

Where you going with my present? I really don't think this is the time to be running out the door squeaking, I mean bar that mousie you aren't exactly wearing anything!

Oh well, another Valentines gift lost. I suppose I better keep the duvet warm. A Princesses work is never done it seems.... I do hope peep took the front door keys, that snow looks terribly cold....



?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????



 It's Sunday Selfie time!


We are joining the Sunday Selfies, hosted by the fantastic Kitties Blue, from the Cat on My Head blog.











This weeks photo is of me on watch for the first signs of Valentines Day and the hero to whisk me off my post, to Paradise.


Strangely enough, nobody came..... maybe I just looked too ferocious?


To see what all our pals have been up to please click the images/links below, and Enjoy the the Sunday Selfies Hop!




















40 comments:

  1. Oh you are too hard on your peep Erin! He is sweet typist and works very hard for you!

    Have a good Valentine's Day!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, well, maybe just a tad but peep does need motivating.... I shall see if I get that box of cream and nip chocolates, and then decide. Purrs Erin

      Delete
  2. oh boy Erin!--i wish Amarula Zulu and Frodo had not read this post because now they too have decided they want a mouse on a silver platter for Valentine's Day!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, sorry about that. In this Palace silver platters have been easier to find than mice of late. Apparently our silver platter is reproduction steel! I feel robbed now. Mouses!
      Purrs ERin

      Delete
  3. You were trying to be nice and give your Peep a valentine! It isn't your fault if he did not like your choice. Our humans never like what we bring them, either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right. I wouldn't have minded so much if it was for peep, but it was really meant for me! I really do need to get peep a book on
      Ettiquette. Mouses!

      Delete
  4. That was mean of the peep to not like your gift to him. He should have framed it or hung it on the refrigerator. Peeps are so unappreciative. You are a pretty princess, I bet a lot of boy cats want to be your Valentine. XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alas none have showed their faces, or if they did I gave them a cuff for the improper respect and time of night. Maybe I need to be more flexible? Purrs Erin

      Delete
  5. I hope your Valentine dreams come true Erin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brian, me too but alas the only red thing I have received is a plate of Sardines in ketchup! I don't even like sardines... or ketchup for that matter. Mouses!

      Delete

  6. Uh Oh! A mouse and a running, naked peep, can be a disastrous combination! ;p

    the critters in the cottage xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I can't imagine how embarrassed the mouse must have felt about it all! Probably scared for life. Mouses!
      Erin

      Delete
  7. We can't believe your Peep wasted your lovely Valentine's gift like that, Princess Erin. We hope the two of you have a nice Valentine's Day, despite that little misstep. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, but so far no red nip plants have arrived, or Princes for that matter.... Still good mencats are hard to find, especially those with deluxe Palaces!
      Purrs, Erin

      Delete
  8. Deerest sweetest ERin kittygurl if mee were not inn LUV with mee Purrincess Phoebe mee wood whiskie you away....
    Iss there sumkitty you like?? Send him a Valentine'ss card...sumtimess wee mankatss need a good paw whap to wake us uppy!!! Mew mew mew
    Happy Valentine'ss Day!
    ~~~head rubsss~~~ Siddhartha Henry~~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dearest sweet Siddhartha Henry, Prince, you are such a Gentlecat. You and Phoebe are the purrfect couple, for sure, and let no one come between. Purrs. There is one sweet charming and astute erudite young lad who has my heart beyond all others. Alas these things are never meant to be, I from the streets and the back gardens of suburbia he from America and moving in lofty mathematical physics circles. *Sighs* Oh well, maybe one day our paths will cross....

      Delete
  9. Aaaaaaaaaw Erin, you look so purretty. Mouse brown huh? We think our mice are gray. Not dat we've ever seen one up close and purrsonal like, but we've seen left behind fur befur and it was a couple shades of white and gray. MOL Dat's very sweet of your peep to serve you up a mouse a day. Happy Valentines day. We hope your day is full of luv. Big hugs fur all.

    Luv ya'

    Dezi and Raena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meowllo Erin. Fank you fur wantin' to nominate us. Our email addy is: lexi.dezi@yahoo.com, dat's lexi (dot) dezi (at) yahoo (dot) com. 'Course there's no spaces in tween.

      Luv ya'

      Dezi and Raena

      Delete
    2. OK, will head on over and make that nomination for you. Purrs, Erin

      Delete
    3. Fank you Erin. We hope your day is filled with overflowin' luv.

      Luv ya'

      Dezi and Raena

      Delete
  10. Are we all getting mice on a silver platter for Valentine's -- claps paws -- this is great news! :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope so, I think we are all worth it! China is also quite acceptable MOL
      Purrs Erin

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Nope, you're sure not wrong on that. Still it was quite entertaining watching peep in the snow. MOL
      Purrs, Erin

      Delete
  12. Peeps. Peeps can be so ungrateful at times. What on earth are we cats to do with our peeps? MOUSES!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do wonder some times, then a bit later I forget and have a nap! Does make me think though, a world without peeps?
      Purrs Erin

      Delete
  13. And by the way, how many mailmen have you lost due to Kraken snackin'? Inquirin' minds wanna know. purrs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, there's the rub. Official figures from the ministry suggest, on a count of bicycles found in the moat, at least three. However the true figure may well be more if they came on foot. We get through far more in the summer which peep puts down to them being temps, and slower footed.

      Purrs, Erin

      Delete
  14. You are so funny, Erin. But in a good way!

    Happy Valentine's Day :)

    Purrs xx
    Athena and Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, we aims to have fun, but it oft ends up in a haphazard disaster...
      Purrs, Erin

      Delete
  15. Oh Erin, don't mention Columbo - just one more thing -OMC that's one of our all time favs! MOL

    But getting back to mouse, garnished with nip is nice but have mew thought about marinating it in nip cream fur 24 hours, then roasting lightly on a spit turning once effury minute and then serving it with creamy cheese sauce sprinkled with fresh nip? That's what your peep needs to get mew fur tomorrow! MOL In fact I think the Hoard have just requested five of the above, sadly I'm on special vet food right now so I'll have to wait...

    Bestest purrs

    Basil & Co xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Basil, I'll arrange for a take away of that very dish. If I rely on peep to cook I doubt anyone would survive, that's assuming the said mousie didn't disguise itself as a meter reader and do a runner. Mouses!
      Erin

      Delete
  16. Erin, we hope you get a whole platter full of mousies. Do you know we've never had a real mouse. We feel so deprived.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks guys, I can't imagine how much fun I'd have, but I'm happy to try and find out! You've never had a mouse?! Well I'll just have to send you some too.
      Purrs,
      ERin

      Delete
  17. You look so regal standing guard there! The least the peep can do is give you a mouse a day ... or ten. Though I'm not sure whether they taste better on a silver platter or it just looks better. Or maybe stock the Palace with mice like peeps stock lakes with fish? We know you love your Peep, Erin. It's okay ... he's pretty special :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh that is a grand idea, a Tasty Mouse Farm! I shall get peep onto the planning Dept. straight away! Hmm, well after dragging me to the Consultant yesterday evening I'm not so sure peep does. I shall wait and see what if anything I get in recompence. No mice equals no love and cuddles, in my book. Purrs Erin

      Delete
  18. Keeping the duvet warm under these circumstances was definitely the right thing to do! Love, P & P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I tries my best but sometimes peep just doesn't see the logic of my solutions. What can I do? Purrs, Erin

      Delete
  19. ahem...my Mom L and Dad P have no idea if I have ever had a real live mousie over for dinner. But somehow I suspect I may have once dined on, rather than with, a mousie. I do cherish my raw chik-hen food so who knows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely sound like you have, as there is nothing finer than a good raw meal, especially if there has been a hunt beforepaw. You stay well and happy, my friend, and enjoy those wonderful peeps of yours. Purrs, ERin

      Delete