Saturday, 18 February 2017

Guessing games.....

Hi yer peepers, what you got there?

****** Silence ******

OK.

Playing hard to think are we? Cool it must be a game then. I loves games. Can't beat a good game of Cat and Mousie, or indeed Mousetrap! Purrs

Ooh, talking of games, have you seen the new sort of Monopoly game that came out? I invented it. Yup based on real life experiences of buying into and running a drafty old Palace riddled with Mouse holes, and a Cat's aspirations to up size and make it into a Palace.

I called it Catopoly. Catchy name, right?

Well to give you a quick brief, what you do is have cheese and cream pot shaped pieces which you move around a board which is shaped like this here Palace.

The aim is to buy up various state rooms, and once you get enough rooms you have a wing, and if you get enough wings you have a bird! Nice touch that I thought. Eventually you can end up with a Palace and and up grade to the Ultimate Palace, namely HRH QE II's Buckingham Palace!

Of course there are some fun things going on along the way, for example landing on a sun puddle will get you a mandatory free nap and a free go. You can buy essential utilities too, such as Litter Boxes, Water Fountains, and Automated Food Feeding Stations. And of course there are two special items, a Dairy for little ol' me, and a Tasty Chicken Ranch for our pal Bear, over at Bear Cat and Momma Kat Blog.

Getting out of jail......


Mind you there are pitfalls too. By which I mean one of the squares is a face off with our Kraken, and another is fighting with the neighbourhood tomcat. The ultimate woe, of course, is the VET square. Yup you just can't avoid that one, unless you get the 'Get out of vets for free' card, which is really rare, but it turns any visit into false alarm and just a hair ball you're hoicking up.

Anyways, back to the matter at paw. This guessing game you have started, let me see....

Hmm, I'll give you forty guesses as to what it is, and if you get it right I'll get to have a bowl of cream. Sounds reasonable? And the quicker you get the answer the more cream I get. Win win really.... well for me at least. Purrs

OK, ready,  steady, GO!

****** Some time later ******

OK OK enough all ready. Mouses!

When I said forty guesses I didn't really mean it. I did rather expect you to actually KNOW what it was you were carrying. Given you actually got it from somewhere. Heck if you don't know what it is I better have a look myself!

OK. Now if I have a sniff around...... Yup, just as I thought, that's plastic, and dust. Loads of dust and a vague whiff of something feline.

So the facts, my dear Dr Watson are this. I, Princess Erin Holmes, have after due consideration of the item laid before me and all the evidence of the ol'factory, and for that matter the new factory too, can safely say........ Eeeek!

Now look, if you're expecting me to go in THAT monstrosity to see my consultant you'll have a another thing coming i.e. blood loss. Mouses!

What do you mean I HAVE TO! This is horrid. Why should I face the indignity of travelling third class in that?

It's dirty and dusty and... and....even more dirty and dusty and..... and..... well it's just NOT NICE. You stuff me in that there box, with a fleecy blanket and expect me to settle down and be happy?

What you, ol' fusty and dusty peep o' mine do not appreciate is how un-nice it is being in that. For starters you shoving me in there does nothing for the fur or my claws come to think of it. And that supposed nice travel rug slides everywhere. I mean who on earth puts a slippy fleece towel on a slippy plastic, cheap plastic I hasten to add, and expects the two not to slide around, especially when a sweet and DELICATE Princess such as my self is placed on top. The static electricity alone plays havoc with my whiskers and i dare say is enough to power your hearing aid. In fact it's worse than being an electrified ice hockey puck.....

A Crisis in China?..............


Incidentally that puck sure has come down in the world from being a merry wandering sprite of the night to being battered around the head by a load of burly men on skates. Just shows you need a strong actors and writers guild. Mouses!

Anyways, why should I want to go in THAT. Its not my annual check up, that's in April. And I feel tickety boo!

I have a spot you say?

Well of course I have a spot, you ninny. I have loads of spots, and all very nice too. Like my nose, I love my nose, and my white floofy bits too. Oh and not forgetting my smile. Many a mouse has commented on how nice my smile is. And my teeth, how white they are. Purrs

What's that you say?

Spot as in pimple?

Oh that sort of spot! Well why didn't you say that, you really do need to expand on your vocabulary, peep, ol' facial blemish descriptive challenged one.

Hang on, are you accusing me of having spots? ME!

I don't have spots. Or zits or blackheads, or any other kind of heads bar my own. What a cheek!

What's that? I have a spot on Mi Chin?

Where?

I didn't know I had property in China?

Oh I see on MY CHIN, as in as the No.1 facial permitted grooming spot, THAT MY CHIN.

I never noticed one. Hmm hang on I'll just go and check.....

Eeeek! Oh my word! Peep, we have a crisis!

I have a gigantic unexplained facial anomaly, and it's on MY face!

Right I needs you not to panic, I'll manage the management of that. You go and fire up the Palace Rolls and I'll try and get this here... er... plastic Pet Carrier, and I use that loosely, device looking half reasonable. I just can't believe you never said anything before.

Just as well I had that crate to paw. You see it does pay to be prepared for these things.

Ooh, whilst your at it, bring that copy of Vanity Feline, there was a great article about plastic surgery. Who knows what this may need to put right. And don't forget a supply of paper bags, I just don't want peeps staring at it. You can hand them out before I go in. Purrs

Oh and another thing, when I get to the Consultants, I'll be playing up. I mean there is NO WAY I want anyone to think I got into this decrepit carrier on my own volition. Mouses!

And just one more thing, to parrot phase that well known TV detective called Columbus, on the way back we'll be calling in at the shops. I think the least you can do for not telling me about this horrendous disfigurement is to get me a personal transportation device worthy of a feline of my standing, with tinted windows, soft furnishings and nonslip bottom, and in pink. NOT that I'm fussy or anything..... Am I?  Purrs



??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

It's Sunday Selfie time!



Please join me now as we enter the Sunday Selfies hosted by the fantastic Kitties Blue, XOCK, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Angel Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth, Calista Jo and Cooper Murphy from The Cat on My Head blog

The Sunday selfies is a wonderful weekly celebration of blogs and bloggers from across the world, and shares stories and pictures for others to enjoy.  Why not join the fun, by adding the code from our hosts, a link is on their page, and posting your own selfie.


This week my selfie was captured during my turn to help with the washing up... It's such an easy job, I really don't see what all the fuss is about!? 


To see what all our pals have been up to this week, please click the links/images below, and enjoy the HOP!


43 comments:

  1. Well you seem to be on board with that game....hehehe I kill my self sometimes,xx Speedy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe, Hi Speedy I loves the pun I do, you can have the first set of my game when it goes into manufacture. Maybe you could go onto the BOARD of Directors too? Have a great week. Purrs and nose rubs, Erin.

      Delete
  2. Oh no, a Princess must always be purrfect! We hope this resolves very quickly. PS: you have such shiny furs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes me too. The meds are special and HAVE to be fed with cream.... well that is what I told peep! Thank you, I do try to keep a sheen on the coat, incase of photocalls and what not. Purrs, Erin

      Delete
  3. Oh no, not a spot on your beautiful face! Maybe people will be looking at your "decrepit old carrier" to notice the evil spot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Flynn, as a true Gentlecat I can see you have found me a blessing and the only redeeming quality of that old crate. I do think though I need to find a better means of transport for future visits and social events. Purrs and nose rubs, Erin.

      Delete
  4. I love the game you made up, it sounds like a lot more fun than monopoly. Great selfie, you are so beautiful.XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI! I shall put you on the list for a set of Catopoly as soon as we can get it into production.... till then could I interest you in a state room in the West wing? Purrs ERin

      Delete
  5. Always wanted to try Catopoly, but never have. Nothing like the present. And what better way for a Princess to spend a Sunday than taking a nap and playing board games.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that is my perfect Sunday.... come to think of it thats also my perfect Monday to Saturday. Purrs, Erin

      Delete
  6. Games are fun, especially when YOU get to make up the rules! Looking good Erin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you Brian, a true Southern Gentlecat, purrs. I thought about having live mice on the game board but that would just be too manic! purrs ERin

      Delete
  7. Catopoly sure sounds great - it's right on with the dreaded V-E-T square. You have a spot on your chin, Erin? We sure hope it's nothing serious. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every game has to have it's pitfalls, so the vets was well and truly it. I hope it is something of nothing, but back again on MOnday to have another check up and biopsy if it's still there. HUgs to all of your incredible fellow felines there at the Rescue. Purrs, Erin

      Delete
  8. We like those games where we make up the rules! Good going Princess!
    Great selfies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It is way harder to make up rules than to break them, still to be fair to everyone else I've decided that I won't play, but be the banker and get to hold the keys to the Nip and Cream cellars. Fair trade off I thought?
      Purrs, Erin

      Delete
  9. Oh Erin, ya' look so purretty. We're sorry ya' have a spot. We hope and purray it's nuffin' serious. Maybe you just got to close to a piece of plastic? Maybe dat bowl of cream was served in a plastic container. We got some sort of fountain to review dat be all plastic and sis Raena got a few black spots on her chinny chin chin. Mommy has to get rid of dat thing. 'Course not a loss as we never unnerstood how to clean dat contraption, and dat made it even more gross. Oh anhd ya' might look into a stroller fur your travels. They be pawsum, and no slidin' 'round either. Oh, and no plastic. Anyways, we're sendin' hugs and purrayers.

    Luv ya'

    Dezi and Raena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dezi Hi Raena. Been back to the Consultant today and looks like a small cyst thats gone bit rogue. Hoping meds will see it gone by next week. I have metal dishes for wet food and porcelain water bowls. I have a lovely plastic bowl for the dry food which peep says gets cleaned regularly. My water fountains, well they are confined to the attic as they foam in use so my water just isn't compatible with them. Now the stroller sounds great fun, and peep has looked into those for me, but at the moment I feel more secure in the car, though NOT in that horrid basket.

      Purrs and nose rubs. Erin

      Delete
  10. WHOOOOA! A tasty whole chicken ranch? I'm IN! That's like my equivalent of Boardwalk!!! I love the idea of Catopoly. My Momma says if she hadn't already nominated you in all the relevant categories for BlogPaws, she'd nominate this post ... truly WELL DONE (and not in the same way as food ... just to clarify ... though that thought makes me crave well done tasty whole chickens). We hope your spot gets better soon. I have acne on my chin ... little flaky black things - though sometimes I get an open sore too. The vet said they think it's caused by germs in plastic food dishes, so now I only eat off ceramic or glass :) ~Bear Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I have allocated the whole corner of the estate to your ranch and another to my creamery. The jail (Vets) is in one wing a nd I thought another could be for a Cat Pound with a Cat Rescue just down the road. I think it may well be acne that has got out of control but if still there we will be doing a biopsy to be sure... NOt sure what that is but if there is chance of some cream out of it I'm game,,,, though NOT in a tasty chicken sense, MOL Erin PS Thank your mom for me, I shall save this one for Blog Paws next year :)

      Delete
  11. That Catopoly sounds like a lot of fun!! I will instruct TAT to get one from Amazon toot sweet! Now what's this about a spot? I can send you some ointment to rub in for that! But seriously we hope it's not chicken pox! They say the chickens are getting their own back!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the very kind offer, and yes the vet consultant, Julie, did mention pox was around so we had to be very careful! It seems however that this is more a rogue cyst and after some prodding and squeezing things may well be on the mend.... Purrs ERin

      Delete
  12. Erin Darling! That sounds like the bestest game EVER!!! It would sure beats Farmville (which Mommy plays all the time) and would be way better than regular Monopoly (which mes not allowed to plays as me knocks the pieces, houses and hotels off the board). And you selfie, sweetie Yous is SPECTACULAR!!!
    Sending yous kisses
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nellie dear, I will have a special set made for you and posted out. I'll also have some extra special interactive game pieces made so you can play along too. What colour do you want your mice, brown or white?
      Thank you, peep sneaked that picture of me between shifts, still it pays to groom before going for a nap!

      Kisses purrs and nose rubs.

      Erin

      Delete
  13. I have a spot on Mi Chin? Hee Hee!! Love it You should take your act on the road Erin!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, I'll be here all week! I am taking bookings for weddings, bar mitzvah and all charities, so long as they do cream cheese dip and Niptinis. Purrs Erin

      Delete
  14. Replies
    1. I think I do need to make this a reality for all my pals and give a Christmas presents. Purrs, Erin

      Delete
  15. Catopoly sounds great!

    Purrs xx
    Athena and Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will send you one as son as we can have them made!
      Purrs, Erin

      Delete
  16. It is a shame, Erin, but even princesses can get that nasty old chin acne. Hope you can get it cleared up very soon. The Catopoly sounds like oodles of fun. When will it be on the market? Thanks for taking time out of your washing up to join us for Sunday Selfies. XOCK, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Angel Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth, Calista Jo and Cooper Murphy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NIce to know I'm not alone in my cysts, they sure do take some getting rid of as well, and the meds taste pretty bad. The things we have to do for the paparazzi peep!

      Delete
  17. Oh my, gigantic unexplained facial anomaly? I hope that spot isn't something too serious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, not quite the beauty spot I would have wanted, but just a small cyst the consultant says, hoping will be gone in a week or so. Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  18. OH my goodness you scared us for a moment Erin. Harvey gets feline acne but his is based on nerves and you, as we know, are fearless!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surgery was put off as seems like it's just an infected cyst. Which is great in some ways as I really didn't want to be booking into a hotel for a couple of days. Purrs Erin

      Delete
  19. O, Erin, you cutie pie, I have Catopoly. Want to play it with me? You can be the mouse if you want...MOL :D Here's the link if you like to play ;) https://angelswhisper2011.wordpress.com/2013/08/12/family-games/ Double Pawkisses for a Happy Healthy Week ahead. Hope the skinproblems will leave in no time <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Binky, looks like I'm going to have to rebrand myself! Hmmm I'm thinking 'The Cat in the Palace'or 'Palace for Rent' What do you think? I'll happily play Kat-opoly with you, but i'd rather be chasing that mousie than be one. Purrs and Nose rubs Erin <3 <3 <3

      Delete
  20. You have a spot on your chin? MOUSES!

    You sure it's not a dab of unlicked cream? purrs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Seville, so I'm late replying, stress issues! Anyways, I can confirm it was definitely not cream. In fact my consultant has confirmed a cyst, whgich she ops will go on it's own. If not I have to have surgery! purrs ERin

      Delete
  21. Well I must say that Catopoly would right up my pal AUstin's paw if you know what I mean. He would love it. And no Princess should have to deal with a skin problem. Go straight to your purrsonal aesthetician and demand a remedy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I nipped into my consultant and determined that it is a cyst, so we have to wait and see if it goes on it's own. If not I get operated on.... just as well I have a get out of vets free card up my sleeve! Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  22. Thanks very nice blog!

    ReplyDelete