Saturday, 25 March 2017

Under the paw!


© ERIN THE CAT PRINCESS.BLOGSPOT.COMHmm, what to do about peep?


An educated Princess such as myself needs to keep abreast of the times, all the goings on this wonderful world of ours. That of course is why I do the Sunday selfies, to get out and about, to meet folk and have a fun chat.

You all must know what it's like, being a working EX mom, a Palace to run, and mice to chase. There just isn't the time to have a peep under ones feet.

So what are the options for us working girls and boys?  And before anyone yells, I don't mean THAT sort of a working girl, no ma'am, I may be a lady of the night but as sure as cream is tasty, I do not advocate that sort of stuff. Spay neuter is the way. Purrs

OK, for us ladies gentlecats and princesses that work, there seem to be a few options available for the peep beset household.

Firstly there is peep daycare centres. Now these can come in various shapes and sizes to meet most households/palaceholds. I personally think 5 days a week, seventeen hours a day full time (or part time at 12 hours a day) is a great option. You get the benefit of them being at home for cuddles and the peep stuff like shopping, and trips to see the feline consultant, and also that premium time to yourself to pamper primp and preen.

However finding the right daycare centre is difficult. It seems these days that there are too few places for the gifted peeps that we have, as indeed any peep that shares their lives with a feline, or in deed canine, has to have a lot about them and demonstrates a fair degree of integrity and devotion. Getting into these establishments may therefore entail a lot of searching, and possibly home schooling to bring peeps up to the required standard.

Alas I have noted a new trend towards having peeps on an 'as and when basis', picking only those that are best and least likely to need extra feeding or assistance. Which to my mind is grossly unfair on us and our dear peeps as we can make have no hard and fast arrangements for naps and holidays, not to mention allowances for funds for meals and what not.


Educating your peep.....



© ERIN THE CAT PRINCESS.BLOGSPOT.COMThe next option is to send peeps away to boarding school. This can be hazardous for those felines wishing to stay at home as sometimes we have to go with the peep, and occasionally this means a trip abroad! Now I don't know about you folk, but spending time in quarantine is not high on my list, so a word to the wise, check the small print before you take this option. Mouses!

Now, last of all I can offer the combination deal, which is where your peep is employed doing schooling at home for part of the day whilst tending for your needs the rest.

This can be very good for some peeps, and especially desirable for those peeps that have reached that certain age where they are ineligible for day care.

However what you must be aware of with this option is that you will sometimes have to supply a separate work area. Whilst this in itself is oft quite doable, these areas can end up mighty cluttered and peeps have and do, end up spending hours beyond what is due doing their homework, when they should be with you.

Detention in this environment isn't really practical, so you have to be the feline that is prepared to be flexible and find suitable punishments for these transgressions of the timetable. One great example is to plonk oneself on the said homework, and or leave paw prints over various receipts. And whilst the classic of shredding documents is to be applauded though this plays havoc with the claws and not to be undertaken lightly.

Do not attempt to eat said homework, as very few peeps will actually believe this is possible for a feline. Our doggy pals in the same situation will, I'm sure, have further suggestions on the matter. Purrs

OK so there are my three choices. To summaries, firstly send your peep out to work to earn the readies to keep you in the custom to which you are accustomed. Secondly consider sending them to be diplomats, or join the armed forces. And thirdly, having them working from home.

For me, I think I will take option one with a reserve on option three. But that depends on how annoying... er... how... hmm now there's a point. How does one measure annoyingness?


On the slide.....



Is there a sliding scale for such things?

And there's another thing, is it called a sliding scale because some peep slipped over on the pavement, but didn't go as far as their neighbour so couldn't claim as much on the insurance?

I mean that sure would be annoying, especially if you didn't have an inherent natural poise and four paw drive. Purrs


Though maybe not as annoying as, for example, going to the mouse hole and finding you ate the last mouse the previous week and never restocked! or finding some peep, mentioning no names, left the lid off the cream bowl and finding it had turned to jello in the fridge. Mouses!

Anyways, what is certain is that a happy and busy peep is one that is... er... a busy and happy peep! AND one that isn't under your paw!

 OK they do need to be under your paw in one sense, but definitely not under paw in the trying to help but singularly failing, flailing, screaming, tripping over, falling into off or through things, sense. Mouses!

Wow, I just love having pals around for a chat and a cream and nip tea, but it looks like my other guest, from the Adoption Agency, has just turned up to do a home assessment and make sure this wasn't a broken home, or Palace. I mean, who knew I'd have all these forms to fill in just to get peep adopted?

I just hope they're not going to inspect the plumbing. Mouses!


                                              ~~~~~~~~ La Fin ~~~~~~~~





48 comments:

  1. you're not napping Erin you're deep in thought,xx Speedy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Speedy, I hoped someone would see through my little charade! Purrs, ERin
      PS I'll send you the cash later. MOL

      Delete
  2. That is a nice sleepy selfie. I had trouble staying awake for mine also.
    I keep my peep under the paw, but she also fails to look what she is doing and forever gets under my paws. I would get her adopted, but I am sure no-one would take her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, glad I'm not alone in this... there must be a home for peeps in need of not getting under paw... Hmm, I here tell a place called BUTLINS does some interesting summer classes. MOL
      Erin

      Delete
  3. Do peeps ever really outgrow day care? Sometimes we think they need constant supervision, no matter their age. They are so helpless sometimes. Well, anyway, that is a fantastic nap time selfie, Princess Erin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do think you are right, we just tend to work around them a lot, far easier that way.
      Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  4. Educating the peeps isn't always easy but it is worthwhile Erin. Your snoozy selfie is terrific!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brian. I think maybe then I shall persist... a bit like Pygmalion? PLenty of rain but not in Spain!
      Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  5. Super snoozy selfie!

    The Florida Furkids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you all, as Speedy said, ahem, I was just deep in thought... very deep. MOL
      Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  6. MOL, glad you advocate for spaying/neutering. I fall into option three and I hope my kitties appreciate all I do for them throughout the day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I wouldn't want to have more kittens, being a mum once is enough for anyone... Now I'm sure your family does, after all love is a two way thing.... Purrs Erin

      Delete
  7. Yur sweet littul white paw iss so cute ERin! An yur snoozin selfie iss purrfect just like YOU!!
    ***nose kissesss*** Siddhartha Henry =^,.^=

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *Blushing* You do say the nicest of things, Siddhartha Henry, you are quite the Gentlest and Prince.
      Purrs, Erin

      Delete
  8. In my peep beset household (I love that!), my peep is on option three, working from home. It has its benefits, Erin. She's there to care for all my needs but sometimes she has the audacity to ignore me.

    Unashamed nap selfies are the best, Erin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, maybe your peep just needs to fall in line with your own work schedule? Nap when you nap and play when you play, that sort of thing...
      Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Oh I think that quite fair, I mean I toil most of the day, and only stop for a hygiene and nutrition session. Thats the trouble these days, peeps have no stamina. MOL

      Delete
  10. My peep falls under option one - she goes out to work, but complains about it all the time I would like to switch her over to option 3, but of course then she might be in the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, a tricky one, for sure. Maybe your peep could do half of option 1 and half of option 3? If that doesn't work, then you could always swap and do it the reverse way round?
      Purrs ERin

      Delete
  11. Looks like a nice nap, ERin, and judging from all that work you have to do to figure out what to do with your peep, I'd say you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, peeps are such hard work, all the time. I think that is why us cats nap so much. I shall quote you when it comes to my pay demand, it should be worth a raise!
      Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  12. Erin! Darling! Yous tto funny for words! Mes hass my Mommy trained pretty good, but she needs to bes home all day everyday...except then mes would not gets my freeze dried salmon treats...so mes puts up with her being gone.
    And your selfie...priceless!
    Kisses
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nellie, dear friend, seems like I have some catching up to do on the training front. Looks like your peep is very well trained. Mine, alas, is still in Kitty Care 101. Hmm, Salmon treats sounds like fun, do they do them in chicken flavour?
      Purrs, Erin

      Delete
  13. Yep - this Is Beau Beau and Angie from over the bridge speaking - and yes we liked it when we sent our humans to do all da work for us to keep us in a happy safe big home. It looks like one of them will be working from home to keep the new kitties happy and healthy. Two options that work out great! Then we all can nap and look as lovely as your selfie pic! Purrs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that does sound grand, you can have twentyfour hour service from your peeps, on rotation. Those kittens clearly won't have to train them much at all. Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  14. Spay/Neuter is a total cat calling, ya' know? And your snoozin' selfie is the "cat's meow" for sure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Savannah! *WAVES* Thank you, it is the way to go to have happy peeps, and happy cats. Not neutered peeps I hasten to add!
      Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  15. Great selfie Erin. My poor kitties are stuck with at least one of us 24/7 and if we are going to be gone longer than 30 minutes, Grammie stays with them .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very well looked after, for sure. My peep has no grammies, but I do have a lovely cook/cleaner/caretaker who looks after me come the funerals peep has had so many of in recent years. Purrs, Erin

      Delete
  16. Seeing you snoozing, Erin, makes us very sleepy too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe it is contagious *Yawns* I think I just made myself tired, again!
      Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  17. Oh MeOW Erin, we was at da SciFi Pawty too. Well here and there. Mommy kept gettin' tired and needin' to do other stuffs. And of course there was da weather situation we be havin' right now. We gotta tell ya', we luv havin' mommy around all da time and unner paw. We would hate it ifin she was to go out fur hours on end every day. Hope you get your situation worked out. By da way, we luv your fotos. You look pawfully comfy nappin' there. Enjoy and Big hugs

    Luv ya'

    Dezi and Raena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Dezi HI Raena *Waves* My peep fell asleep two hours in, having got me there an hour and a half late! I had to come home early too! None the less it was a great night!
      Hugs and purrs, Erin

      Delete
  18. Lovely sleepy selfie, Erin.

    I wouldn't like to send my peep away because I don't like to be alone in the house. I suppose because I was abandoned as a kitten, I will always have abandonment issues.

    Purrs xx
    Athena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Abandoned is not good, for sure. I was left to fend for myself as an older kitten/cat so have a slightly different perspective on things. I'm sure your mom wouldnt leave you, knowing how upset you get. Stay well. Purrs, Erin

      Delete
  19. Replies
    1. Thank you, peep does try, but I am not always around to get good photos of so needs must....
      Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  20. ERin....we like eye dea one de best...sendin de peepz OUT oh de houz ta werk; that way
    we can raiz ten kinda hellz while they iz gone !! ☺☺♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh! I say that sounds like a ship load of fun. I think I'll NIP over next time yours is away and maybe share a mouse or two..... a sea mouse that is.
      Purrs, Erin

      Delete
  21. WHOA! We can send our Peeps away? What if they get lost? Perhaps one should get a collar for them just in case? Or maybe a micro-chip? My Momma wanders around the house a lot as it stands, so letting her out might be dangerous ... imagine if she was later for dinner! Mine, of course! ~Bear Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well the trick is, to get more staff to visit, someone you can wrap around your paw and provide all your tasty chickens? Or buy a tracker that you can attach to the peep and follow with a mobile phone APP.
      Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  22. The most brilliant post YET! This is fabulous.

    * wild appaws from New Zealand *

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, so very pleased it was well received under down and to the right a bit. MOL I shall start my world tour after blog paws.
      Purrrrrs and hugs to you all. ERin

      Delete
  23. Erin mew mean we can put the P.A. into daycare and it's all ok? OH My Cod!!!!! That's brilliant!!!

    Bestest purrs

    Basil & Co xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH yes, its totally legal in pretty much every country. Just make sure you have the numbers for all the take aways on speed dial and the credit card details.
      Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  24. MOL😹 You made me laugh about the working girls thingie, Erin😹 You figure it out what's best to do with your peep. I think it has its benefits to have them around 24/7, but Granny isn't so sure about it. She would have had put Grandpaw in day... and night care if he hadn't found a job...MOL😹
    Your unashamed nap Selfie is purrfect and we like your others too. Pawkisses for a Happy Day☺❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A girl and princess has her rep to think about, for sure.
      hmm some peeps do need to have 24/7/12 care but others are definitely better trained, must be the parents, or modern TV that's to blame?
      Purrs and Pawkisses. ERin

      Delete