Saturday, 29 April 2017

Brussels


© ERIN THE CAT PRINCESS.BLOGSPOT.COM
What do you mean, We're out of Brussels!


How many times have I told you that those little things, those monsters in green skins are banned from the Palace. If Christmas wasn't bad enough, I find that you are bring home their publicity literature, I mean it seems like these papers are full of them!

Is this some sort of a cult that you've fallen into the grips of? Have they brainwashed you and set it on a fast spin? or maybe just not put it back in?

Just because there is a surplus of them in the European Union, doesn't mean they have to be over here, clogging up my fridge. There is only one thing worse than a sprout and that's a sprout that has turned. And I know the trouble they can bring. Mouses!

And think of all the extra expense it'll cause, new defences around the Palace grounds, special fences armed with slug patrols. I never thought I'd see the day I'd welcome those little critters. purrs

I just hope that this won't turn into something worse, and you have a potato fetish! All those eyes peering at me are very off putting, and can you imagine the noise of a sack load of potatoes chitting here there and everywhere, there wont be a moments peace.

At least when birds do it, it's like a homing signal for my tea, and that is definitely not what can be said about a potato.

I do feel for the potato though, it surely has a hard life. There it is growing away quite merrily, bring up a young family, and along comes ol' farmer peep and rips them out the ground and tosses them onto his lorry. And then if that wasn't bad enough, you peeps boil, fry, roast, and smash them to bits. Mouses!

Now it's not that I'm anti sprout or vegist, no ma'am, I just don't want them on my plate. I mean us cats just have no need of veg. If we did, mice and sparrows would come with a side salad or baby carrots and new potatoes.

Having said that, I'm not going to be a hypocrite, I do like the nip, and that cat grass is much favoured by many, but so far as I know they count as medicinal, well that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Purrs

What's that peep, ol' brassica like one? It's the whole European Union (EU) thing, again, and NOT the sprouts, you say? They're just victims to exploitation and the whole EU farming policy and free borders, and marketing hype at Christmas!

Hmmm, seems like there may well be another side to this story.

So peep, what you're telling me is, that we invited these Brussels here to help fill a hole in our own veg community and boost our economic future, yes?

A hole that just can't be plugged by any other veg, cos I'm guessing no other vegetable would want the work they do, hated most of the year, but when you need them for those couple of days at Christmas, they are there for you.

And no matter what way you dress it, a potato can't be made to look like a sprout. And there would be way too much waste if you trimmed a cabbage down to the same size, in fact we'd end up with a national stink as the cabbage leaf mountain grew. Mouses!

So, as to those sprouts, where are they going to be finding a home if we're not having them? I mean those poor things will be homeless, and far be it for me to say, I do think other countries should be doing their share to solve this housing crisis.

Of course this wouldn't have come about in the first place if peeps hadn't been interfering with the natural order of things, and dragging those poor sprouts from their native homes, with Santa in Lapland, to fulfil peeps Christmas desires and line the pockets of the Sprout Barons.

Peep, I think a strongly worded letter to the Times, is called for. Maybe even set up a sprout support group called Save the Sprout, to find permanent homes across the world.

Maybe we could have them reintroduced into their native environment? Or create protective areas, with a NO Christmas zone around and about.

Orphan sprouts, and other veg, could be adopted into communities given an education and then ambassadors to help their own communities and raise sprout awareness.

I mean I hear tell that Sprouts are good for you, that emphasis is on the you as in not me, though judging by the reaction they have to you, peep ol' windy one, I dare say we should exclude you too. Mouses!

© ERIN THE CAT PRINCESS.BLOGSPOT.COMAnd I do think maybe, if things go well, we could get our first vegetable politicians for the Houses of Parliament, or the White House, the icons of democracy and free speech across the globe. I'm sure they'd be made most welcome, especially by the green party, and fit in rather well. Purrs

I think what the Palace needs is a new all inclusive veg patch, a patch that has every veg we need and not just those we think are best. Nature made them, us all, equal, and I'm sure we would wish the same for our veg in other lands. Purrs

Right, on that note, peep, I think you need to be get down to the veg patch and get digging for victory and common sense. I want no segregation, do you here, those tins of mixed veg have the right idea, so just put them all in together and give them a good feed. Companion planting I think they called it.

What's that peep? What about Christmas lunch you say?

Well I do think if we are going to save the sprout, we can't start being hypocrites now can we, so Christmas will be a sprout friendly affair. Not that I'm suggesting inter plant hank pinky, no ma'am, but this Christmas we will be celebrating peace and good will to all creation, including sprouts.

So to put it in simple terms, peep ol' bemused one, you can invite sprouts to diner and they can sit at the table and enjoy the festivities, but there will be NO EATING OUR GUESTS. Win win really.

Me? I'll be sticking to my diet, the one that is sprout free of course, Mouses!


                                                                     ~~~ The End ~~~



It's Sunday Selfie time!



Please join me now as we enter the Sunday Selfies hosted by the fantastic 

Kitties Blue: XOCK, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Angel Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth, Calista Jo, and Cooper Murphy, from The Cat on My Head blog 












The Sunday selfies is a wonderful weekly celebration of blogs and bloggers from across the world, and shares stories and pictures for others to enjoy. 


Why not join the fun, by adding the code, from our hosts, a link is on their page, and posting your own selfie.



This weeks selfie is most definitely going to be entitled "The Look!"

Really, how difficult is it to get a nip mouse these days? 

Well, apparently very difficult if you live around here! 

I sent out for a mouse and they brought me this!? 

I was not amused!




To see what all our pals have been up to this week, please click the links/images below, and enjoy the HOP!







42 comments:

  1. gosh your disapproval is almost as good as a rabbits Erin,xx Speedy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Speedy, that is a mighty fine compliment. I have been practicing, and peep is ever so easy to practice on. MOL
      Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  2. Yeah, that is definitely not a mouse! But at least it's not a brussels sprout :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You see, I told peep so, and all I got is a shrug. I mean I don't need cold weather jumpers. MOUSES!
      ERin

      Delete
  3. Your selfie is terrific Erin, brussel things not too much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brian, it's good to have feline support on the sprout front.
      Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  4. Oooooh HH loves Brussels..... we like to play with them.

    Great photos...

    Have a great day.

    Hugs, Bugsy, Knuckles and HH (Lou)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now playing sproutball is OK, but cooking the little blighters... er... green friends, is definitely NOT happening in this Palace. Come Christmas, I'll send any I get your way, as seems like you will give the a better home.MOL
      Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  5. That was great, Erin. For some strange reason, the peeps here say those sprouts are welcome in our house. We're not sure they actually adhere to the whole not eating your guests thing, though. MOUSES!

    Hugs to you.

    Gracie and Zoe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking about sending you some of mine, for rehoming, but if there may be some 'dietary issues' probably best they stop here for the time being!
      Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  6. Ferst that so called mousie lookss ALOT like a bird ERin...maybee yur Hu'manss got confused?!?!
    An seckondly yur selfie iss beeuteeful! Mee nevurr noticed what a cute nose you have...LadyMum was kissin thee screen, mew mew mew....
    An therdlee...Sproutss are SO-O stinkee....YUCK!!! Just yuck!!! ;)
    ***paw kissesss*** Siddhartha Henry xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, maybe a sparrow wouldn't be too bad, a nip sparrow that is. I shall send peep back to the shop and get it repriced, I'm sure them nip sparrows are 'cheeper' than the mice! MOL
      ERin

      Delete
  7. We like your selfie better than the brussel's selfie.
    MOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe, them Brussels just don't have that feline pizazz! Have a great veg free week.
      Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  8. My mum will eat 2 or 3 of those mini cabbage things at Christmas to be sociable, but my dad says no sprouts allowed here! You do look very disapproving of that nip not a mouse. Keep it away from the Tabbies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sensing your mum is doing the right thing, maybe we can ween her off them altogether come this Christmas?
      Fear not, I'll not let the Tabbies see this mouse, cum not mouse!
      purrs, Erin

      Delete
  9. I love brussel sprouts, they are tasty kind of like mice are to you.
    I wonder why they sent you a bird instead of a mouse? That is odd. I sent some crocheted toys to the mom of the Kitties Blue and she is going to give them to your Dad at BlogPaws, sorry I didn't make any mouses though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, to each their own sprout, as the saying goes. Though in this Palace it is always GOES rather than stays. MOL
      Oooh, did you say toys? WOW! I have heard so much about your toys. I shall await, with baited claw and taste bud, to see such wonders. Thank YOU so very much. I shall have peep skip Blog Paws and bring them straight home. I mean theres no point getting good toys lay idle, now is there?
      Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  10. Brussel sprouts are too stinky. I know my mum likes veggies but I never see her eating those, even at Christmas! I, on the other paw, do not touch green veggies, unless it's cat grass. I love that!

    Purrs xx
    Athena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are definitely a lady after my own heart, and one of great taste. I think this Christmas will be an all potato affair. MOL
      Have a lovely week. Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  11. OMC Erin, your selfie is just adorable. We think yo always look gawjus. We believe we'll all stay sprout furee here too. Even mommy said no sprouts purrlease. Fankfully they don't have anythin' to do with Christmas in our pawrts. MOL Big hugs fur all.

    Luv ya'

    Dezi and Raena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, shucks, guys, I aint half the beauty that you both are, and you are. purrs
      Glad to know you will be joining the sprout free Christmas party. I hopes you, and your mom, have a wonderful and blessed week.
      Purrs, Erin.

      Delete
  12. Peep #1 says she's ALL FOR the not eatin' of the sprouts. MOUSES!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Seville. Seems like we have an accord, but can you suggest an alternate sprout for Christmas? Is there a TVP version, do you think?
      You all have a lovely week.
      Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  13. You're absolutely right that cats don't need veggies, but I like sprouts myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nature really does have a reason for making sprouts so fowl, and nip so nice. Maybe Christmas, and Thanks Giving lunch should have a NIP entree?
      Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  14. My dad likes them brussels, but my mom sez she refuses to allow those nasty little cabbages inside our house. I kinda would like to smack em around the floor to see if they roll like balls. But I hear they stink up the house, so please keep them on your side of the Pond. Thank mew!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently sprout racing, or batting, is illegal now in most states, so I think you will be safe from the smell. I shall make sure we don't send any sprout emissaries to the US, promise. You all have a lovely week.
      Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  15. You don't look very happy in your selfie, Erin. But a bird is almost as good as a mouse...almost.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MOL, a bird in the paw is better than two mice in the bush, somewhere. Still I do expect to have what I ordered, either that or a bowl of cream as recompense!
      Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  16. we so agree!! Brussels are not food! vile weeds--they should be banned for all homes (and palaces!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I shall have that edict sent out, post haste. Perchance, do you know of a tasty alternative I can serve... er... INVITE for Christmas?

      Delete
  17. Erm ... no eating our guests? I'm not taking Peep's side per se, but you HAVE been known to fraternize with your dinner guests ... those of the MOUSE variety. Which makes me wonder if your Kraken invites your mailmen for dinner ... maybe it's contagious?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, well.... Oooh is that the time? I have to go and send the invites out for the queen under the moat ball. Joking aside, I have a special dietary... er... SOCIAL need, to have mice for guests. It's on my contract you know. But, having said that, having Michael Mouse as a pal rather puts me off mice. Well those that are armed to the teeth that is. MOL
      Have a lovely week.
      Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  18. I think that birdie is a flying mousey, Erin, and as long as there are no Brussels in it, it must be the best nip ever :D Pawkisses for a Happy Face...eh..Week ahead :) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A flying mousie, you say? Hmm, well they do have flying fish so that is quite pawsable. MOL
      Now if it has the BEST nip ever, I shall send peep back for a few more, I mean it doesn't pay to let these things go to waste, now does it?
      Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  19. The only kind of brussels sprouts allowed in this house are ones covered in butter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, not seen those sorts before. Now if there was a cream version I might be interested.!
      Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  20. Honored to meet you, Your Highness. I have never seen those green things before. Momma tells me they taste icky, but she's only tried ones that came in a box in the frozen section of the supermarket. She's all for companion planing, but her veggie garden is a little nonexistent at the current moment. A flying mouse - only when pigs fly! Tee hee hee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Valentine, a pleasure to meet you to. They say Brussels taste better for peeps as they get older, and also lose the sense of taste! Also the most smelly ones are the smallest. Personally I can think of nicer things to come out of the frozen section, all cream related. MOL As to flying mice, well that would be a bad dream, but only if I couldn't fly too!
      Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  21. Erin, all we can say is this; Brussels are inherently evil, we now have a complete Brussel Exclusion Zone aka B.E.Z. happening in Sleepy Hollow. They are banned aftur an uprising several years ago involving a turkey, yorkshire puddings, diced carrots, broccoli, roast parsnips, stuffing and some onion sauce - it was a dreadful affair, the flashbacks still haunt me!

    Have a great weekend

    Bestest purrs

    Basil & Co xox

    ReplyDelete
  22. sadly we have the "brussel" debate around my castle as well Erin. Mom L is "for" and Dad P is decidedly "against". Luvluvluv your selfie dear gal pal

    ReplyDelete