Sunday, 23 April 2017

Burnt offerings!

Eww?

EWWWW!

Peep?

PEEP?

PEEEEEP!


Ah-ha, there you are. What took you so long? I mean I've been standing shouting for hours.... well it would have been if you hadn't come, and that's a fact, for sure.

And if you hadn't come just think what would have happened. Mouses!

OK best not as I know these things tax you pretty little head so. Just be assured that things would, have got very sticky, very fast. Purrs

Anyways, it was just as well I happened by as I, being the feline I am, detected something brewing up a storm.

Yes ma'am, there I was, minding my own business, which of course being a cat means I have to mind everybody elses business too. Sort of goes with the job description and contract, i.e. being a cat equals looking into the business of others and where appropriate, said business is to be sat in, on or under.

What's that peepers, ol' wombat faced one? Where's it say that, you say?

What? What do you mean you haven't seen any contract!

Yes you have, THE CONTRACT, you know the one you get when I came and took up gainful employment in this residence. OK so technically I employ you, and you pay me in kind, but that's all covered in the contract small print.

When I say small print, I'm not being rude or sizist, no ma'am, I'll not condone that sort of intolerance just because someone has long legs, like you peep, doesn't mean they should be penalised. In actuality the small print on the contract was the standard size and proportionate to myself, and the rest of the contract was especially enlarged for you, ol' lanky one. Purrs

Anyways, how could you not remember? The contact was the one given in blood, and exchanging of gifts.

What!

Now look peepers, ignorance of the law is not an excuse. When I gave you that first mouse, and you received self same mouse and gave me a bowl of kibble, the contract was sealed. I'm really surprised you didn't notice, I mean the damp salty patch in the office and flipper marks on the floor should have been a dead give away, if not, the whiskers and fishy breath. Mouses!

Enough of the legal stuff, it does say in my contract that the Princess of the first part, that is me, has the right to inspect each and everything of the parties of the second part. OK I know you don't necessarily comprise a whole part, but I think fractions do count and are rounded up to the nearest whole.

Anyhow, there I was, upholding my part of the contract when I heard this noise. Sort of a whining noise. Not a coffee grinder sort of noise, that's more like your false teeth trying to get out the glass. No, this was more akin to.....

Oooh, did I mention the smell?

No?

Well there was a smell too. If a smell could be a colour, then this smell would be a black, and grey smell, with wisps brown and hints white.

Not the sort of smell you forget, I can tell you.

That and smoke. Smoke is a smell that hangs around like... er... well, smoke really.

Just like those rabid weasel slippers of yours were, the ones that strangely took a high dive into the moat last  month, but the Kraken kindly regurgitated for you... Them self same cursed slippers that not a fortnight past missed the laundry chute and went down the waste chute and ended up on the dung heap. You know those slippers, same ones that accidentally somehow caught fire last week. The ones that I really don't like, those slippers, sort of smelled like them.

Oh, did I mention the smoke?

No! Well there was smoke too, wispy smoke. In fact very much like the smell of smoke would look, but worse. Yup definitely more black, with a hint of cinder and cinnamon.

Did I mention the flames? High flames set to engulf the Palace, and worse still melt the fridge and catch light to nip supply?

I didn't? OK good, because there weren't any. Well not yet anyways, but had you not come now, when I called, there may well have been some, and then where would you have been, huh?

What's that peep, ol' puffing one...... Erm, on that point, why are you puffing? I mean it's only six flights of stairs, five doors, and a rather nasty brace of spiders on the first floor landing to negotiate to get here. I mean you should fly that sort of thing, maybe even use the banisters! No scrub that, they've not been sanded and yet and the medical insurance doesn't cover splinters. Mouses!

Or you could just do what I do, and use the downstairs door, works perfectly well for me each time I want to get here, maybe you should try my route?

Anyways, why did you get me here? I do have things to attend to, like sorting out my empty food bowl, and the mouse crisis. Well there isn't a crisis yet, but there will be if I don't catch one soon. Mouses!

The whining you say,  smells, smoke, and the non flame flames you say?

Oh those! Yup I have seen those, down the kitchen. In fact those non flame flames I mentioned could well be flames by now, so no point you standing around here chatting best you head off and see what needs doing.

Now whilst you're at it, you may want to check on those buns you put in the oven an hour ago, should be done by now I reckon. Nip topping I believe, with a hint of exotic spices... well more nip actually.

What's that you say, peep, they were Easter Buns you say, for Easter? Well I dare say they may well have been but I bet now they'll be very hot, cross and very burnt buns. And that's a fact. Mouses!




                                                    ~~~~~~~~ The End ~~~~~~~~



It's Sunday Selfie time!



Please join me now as we enter the Sunday Selfies hosted by the fantastic 

Kitties Blue: XOCK, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Angel Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth, Calista Jo, and Cooper Murphy, from The Cat on My Head blog 












The Sunday selfies is a wonderful weekly celebration of blogs and bloggers from across the world, and shares stories and pictures for others to enjoy. 


Why not join the fun, by adding the code, from our hosts, a link is on their page, and posting your own selfie.



This weeks selfie is in quiet reflection. 








The loss of dearest Sweet Queen Nellie last week, the delightful Dory, from the Dory's back Yard blog, and the news this week of Humphrey and Snowie, from the Bionic Basil blog crossing the bridge, has left us all stunned, and with a BIG whole in our hearts, with more than a few tears shed in remembrance.   Please drop by Basil's post and say farewell two great adventuresome felines... 

I do hear tell that they have applied for positions as Cloud Oppurratives in the B Team, so will be around to help Basil and the Team in adventures to come.  


To see what all our pals have been up to this week, please click the links/images below, and enjoy the HOP!






















60 comments:

  1. Erin, MOL, you really didn't like the peep's slippers! Hopefully, the peep was able to attend to his hot cross buns in time. The lady says the one in the photo sure looks good.

    Erin, your contemplation selfie is lovely. There sure is a lot of sadness right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were evil incarnate, for sure.... not that I disliked them of course, and they just seemed to be following me around all the time *shudders* Anyways, I am looking for a nice pair of TUX ones for peep now. As to those buns, well lets just say the local shops do a far better job. Mouses!
      Purrs, Erin

      Delete
  2. Well Erin, I am sure those buns are "hot" for sure now MOL! Looking beautiful as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I try my best to look smartly dressed and trim. Not eating buns helps quite a bit. MOL
      Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  3. Burnt buns are always a problem and I've been telling the weasels they should quit smoking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, we are now a bun free zone, it's far better for the atmosphere. MOL And yes, them weasels really shouldn't smoke, shortens their life, well around this Palace it does!
      Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  4. MOL, what a big baking misadventure! Your selfie is very nice too...it has been a sad week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, yes, we have plenty of those, in fact most of what goes in cold comes out hot and burnt. Mouses!
      Purrs, Erin

      Delete
  5. Even though they may be burn, those buns look awfully tempting, even to the kitties. Lovely selfies. It's hard when so many special fur friends leave us. They will be in our hearts forever though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sure do look nice when you see them like that, especially if theres nip on top. I'll be using the burnt ones for canon ball practice.
      Purrs, Erin

      Delete
  6. Oh dear burnt buns is not a keen smell is it now Princess! Great photos of you m'dear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why peep wants to cook everything to extinction is beyond me, especially when it's already pre cooked, like bread, and buns. I prefer au naturel, hair and all.
      Purrs, Erin

      Delete
  7. We think if those Buns got any hotter they would surely be very Cross with Peep fur sure.
    They are so hard to keep on track aren't they Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh heck, they sure would be. I have ordered peep to sit by the oven this time and not go off wandering around the Palace. I mean I can't be expected to save the day, ALL the time. Mouses!
      Purrs, Erin

      Delete
  8. I have to admit that I rather like my mum's slippers. They are soft and snuggly and good to get your paws in if the human isn't quick enough to get them first.That is a lovely selfie of you thinking back on the sadness of losing more friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alas, our slippers have now seen better days, and have been confined to the bin. Not before time I can tell you! I am hoping for something better for the next pair like a pretty TUX set.
      Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  9. Hope you averted your food crisis! very impressed your peep makes hot cross buns!! and nice tribute to lost friends! A lot of losses lately

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes definitely averted a crisis, I sent peep out to buy more buns and a fire extinguisher. MOL
      Purrs, Erin

      Delete
  10. Oh no, burnt buns!
    Try to have a super Sunday anyway...

    Noodle and crew

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, thank you, peep bought some more bunny, and I am heading for a nip mouse I found, which is neither hot or cross. MOL
      Purrs, Erin

      Delete
  11. Oh my mouses, Erin. I nearly fainted. It's true! Flames - imaginary or otherwise - near your supply of nip? OH, THE TRAVESTY!!! MOUSES!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In deed such things can not be taken too lightly, or heavily dependant on how much nip one has. I mean burnt nip one minute, scorched cream the next . MOUSES!
      Erin

      Delete
  12. Erin! Nellie liked slippers too. And that selfie of you is gorgeous!
    We too are sad about Snowie and Humphrey. Thanks for your lively tribute.
    Love Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Barb. Aww, bless her, I wish I had a nice pair myself, but peep will keep buying the wrong sort, rabid rabbit and weasels. A nice comfy TUX pair would be just fine, or a wooly sheep pair, that would be good too, with a place for a nip mouse or two to be stashed within. Love & Purrs, Erin

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. Oh yes, burnt beyond compare. Not quite the spirit of Easter. MOL
      Erin

      Delete
  14. Mee-you ERin that iss a PAWSUM selife deer furend!! An thee titull iss purrfect....between Queen Penelope an Humphrey an Snow an Dory doggie frum Dory's Backyard eevin it has been a berry sad week fur sure...
    Gentull **nose kissesss** Siddhartha Henry =^,.^=

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Prince Siddhartha Henry, we must all now look to the future and remember the good times going forwards.
      Sweet purrs, Erin

      Delete
  15. Those hot cross buns look good. Nice selfie. XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh they do, for sure, alas peep had to buy that one as the others were beyond saving!
      Purrs, Erin

      Delete
  16. Ha ha... you are always so funny :)

    No Hot Cross Buns here.

    Purrs xx
    Athena and Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you both, we tries to make folk laugh, and have some fun, when we're not so busy putting out burning buns that is. MOL
      Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  17. Replies
    1. Burnt buns are definitely the worst, well third worst after turned cream and finding a half eaten mouse, that you hadn't eaten. Mouses!

      Delete
  18. Dear Erin, thank mew so much fur your kind wurds!

    Big hugs, soft purrs and gentle nosebumps

    Basil & Co xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soft and gentle hugs purrs and nose rubs to you all at Sleepy Hollow. May the Feline Force be with you all.
      Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  19. Mom didn't burn any buns this year cuz she couldn't find any in our town. Burnt or not, they look pretty good. Your contemplation photo is purrrty, Your Majesty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, Mr Herms, that is quite sad. Maybe the absence of buns is because all the peeps in your town had already burnt them all? Anyways, peep here went out and got some more, which so far have not been burnt, though dare say that's only because peep forgot where they were put. MOUSES!
      Purrs, Erin

      Delete
  20. "...there I was, minding my own business, which of course being a cat means I have to mind everybody elses business too."

    YES! This is so true! We are going to insist our Mom memorize this, because it's so TRUE, and be able to recite it upon demand, which we can also do because we're cats that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MOL, that's the ticket, get your peep to remember, it's all in the small print!
      Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  21. Your contemplative selfie was meowvolous. We are saddened by these recent losses. The more friends we have, the more we have to lose, but we sure wouldn't give up the opportunity to know and love them. Thank you for hopping and sharing your stories with us. XOCK, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Angel Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth, Calista Jo & Cooper Murphy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, sometimes I just sits and contemplates, and sometimes I just sits. MOL

      Delete
  22. ERin....best kinda smell iz de smell oh ree venge....like de kind oh ree venge ewe take on yur peepz coz they used de werd NOE at ewe.....sew ya get a halibutt N shove it in de heet vent; a 17 day old halibutt mind ewe; sew next time de heet comez on ~~~~~~~~ yea !!! ☺☺♥♥ happee week a head ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I like that, 17 day halibut has a far better small than 17 day pizza! MOL Have a great week... Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  23. We're so glad those didn't turn out to be burnt-crossed buns. Nice selfie, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alas I had to send peep out to buy some more, just so we had a picture. I couldn't risk making some more in case those got burnt too. Mouses!
      Purrs, Erin

      Delete
  24. You're lookin' quite gawjus Erin. And those buns look purretty good too. As fur Raena's pawrty, you made it. We had cream there, 'specially fur you. Big hugs

    Luv ya'

    Dezi and Raena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks guys, really appreciate the cream! Have a great week.
      Purrs hugs and head bumps. Erin

      Delete
  25. I adore that first picture of you, Erin! Your Peep has done what I always struggle to do - and captured your personality (err ... catitude) in the shot. Excellent post ... I was laughing out loud throughout - just like Bear Cat, you sure know how to put a Peep in his place ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that is one of my nicer shots... in fact I may have that for signed pictures once I'm rich and famous.... OK may skip those criteria and just go for anyone that wants on, MOL Be tough on your peep and as they say walk tall, purr softly, and carry a sharp set of claws.
      purrs, Erin

      Delete
  26. Erin, you amaze us! We could never have such fun with a bun - EVER!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, peep amazes me all the time, mainly as to how we have ever managed to have unburn food. MOUSES!
      Purrs, Erin

      Delete
  27. WOW! Hot buns...they must be flaming...well. I brought you some furresh, flavoured Nip out of my garden, you can put it on top of the hot bun, or get into business... :D I think I can help with the mousey-crises, Erin. My brother, who lives with my mother, has found a whole nest, maybe he donates one to each one of us, have to ask him. We had a great laugh again by reading. You are so funny! Pawkisses for a Happy Day :) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Binky! Now if you're talking nip, I'm all ears, well as much as I can be. LOL As to that mousey please tell your brother donations gratefully received. And if you or your brother would like anything in exchange, I have a great supply of fine English cream fudge I can send your way. Purrs, Erin

      Delete
  28. Burnt buns, oh my! Sounds like a baking disaster over there. And I love this week's selfie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, sure was. Fortunately the local shops still had a supply of buns pre cooked, and ready to be photographed. Peeps were just beyond recognition!
      Purrs, Erin

      Delete
  29. why?? oh why??? Do the peeps assume that "their" business is anything other than "OUR" business? Do they not realize that CATS RULE???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well for some peeps, this lesson is as hard to learn as cooking buns!
      Purrs, Erin

      Delete
  30. Burnt buns -- AND flames near the nip? OH NOES! CAT-astrophe!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MOL, Catastrophe! for sure. Fortunately I was at hand to save the day, and pay for a new bun to be photographed... well, when I say I pay I do mean peep.Being a Princess I don't carry cash, or buns for that matter!
      Purrs, ERin

      Delete