Sunday, 2 April 2017

Fantastic Beasties and where to find them!

Hmm, nothing to read in this weeks copy of 'Through The Palace keyhole', I wonder whats on TV?

Yup, just as I thought, its all pre-school education programming at this time of year, like Birdwatching for Kittens; Cats Cradle 101; and The Fundamentals of Algorithms in Relation to Spatial Dynamics, Velocity, Planning, Trajectories and Resultant Actions. 

I skipped that last one as I know how to jump on a mouse!

Ho hum, I wonder if anything better in peep's newspaper?

Hmm, well no change there then. Always doom and gloom, and ne'er a good word to say about anyone. Seems like they can't even shake hands these days. So much for enfant Cordial, more like enfant terribles!

I wonder what's on the wireless set.....

****** Crackling wireless tuning sounds ******

"Oh, give me a home where the mouses do roam
where the cats and kittens do play
Where seldom is heard a barking dogs word
and the skies are not cloudy all day.
Home, home on the quilt
where the cats and the kittens do play
where seldom is heard a barking dogs word
and the skies are not cloudy all day.
How often at night where the heavens are bright
with the light of the glittering stars
have I from under my hedge laid there amazed
as I gazed and asked if their glory exceeds ours...."

Ahh. If only these old songs were true, but there must be somewhere like that, surely, apart from the fabled golden double cream mines of El Creamado!

Oh well, what I need is a good read, something adventuresome, something with mice, and beasties, and a magical twist. What I need is.... actually I'd settle for a plain old fashioned mousie!

Now I KNOW there is something good on the bookshelf to read, I ordered it last week, lets go and have a look.

Nooooo, Its NOT here!

The book I really wanted, Rescued Volume 2: The healing stories of 12 cats, through their eyes, hasn't arrived. Mouses! 

I do hope peep didn't select the really really really cheap 6 month delivery option, again! The last time that happened my cream supply was well on the way to walking ITSELF here. Mouses!

***** Sighs ******

Oh well, maybe some stimulating entertainment on the computer, a documentary, maybe?

Hmm, this is new, I wonder what peep has been buying now? "Fantastic Beasts and where to find them." Sounds like some sort of period documentary about hunting beasties! Could be fun, and I might learn some new techniques too!

We can always learn from the past, whether it's mistakes or successes, it's always worth doing. Alas that very act is something a lot of peeps don't seem to learn or pass on. Despite all the books and technology, peeps have learned to forget and so evils and wrongs persist.

Now seems to me, if peeps had trusted nature and the natural way of things then this natural programming of group memory and to learn from mistakes and to change and survive in harmony with the rest of creation would have remained and many issues wouldn't have happened.

But alas peeps have removed themselves from this loop and thus the natural updates to their systems hasn't happened. A bit like blocking out the operating system updates on their computers and then switching on one day to find version 2.0 has come in and they, the peeps, are no longer compatible. Mouses!

****** Sometime later ******

WOW! Great documentary! Inspiring stuff. What I need to do is to figure out how to get one of those magic sticks and I'm sorted. And if I could get my paws on one of those amazing space saving suitcases, I could solve all the Palaces storage problems, and get the Kraken somewhere private so she can write her autobiography. She's hoping to be accepted into the next RESCUED volume, for rescued mysterious creatures that is. Purrs

Hmm, I'll order one of those magic sticks later, but for now what I need to do is go hunting for some fantastic beasties of my own!


Fantastic Beasties and where to find them?

Now where shall I start my hunt?

The suitcase, that's it! Peep bought one of those to go to BlogPaws this year. Maybe it's not BlogPaws at all, but a magical convention. Hard to think of my peep as magical in any sense of the word, more muggical!

I wonder if this case has a secret compartment too, and some fantastic beasties hidden within?

OK, I need to tread carefully here, in that documentary the beasties had some very strange ways, in fact one was invisible!

The first thing any huntress needs to do is scope out the lay of the land, or suitcase. A Stake-out is what my police pals call it.

Now I must have a word with Miss Description about that, once she is back from deerstalking trip to the great plains of Haberdashers, I mean aren't the police supposed to be incognito rather than having a barbecue? 

In fact from all the documentaries I've seen, you'd have thought they'd have called it a Doughnut-out. Mouses!

****** Sniffing sounds ******

Hmm, there is definitely something suspicious about this case as it has wheels. Clearly this is a case of a getaway case!

OK, having checked out the target, what you need to do is send in your top operative to casually sniff the package in a surreptitious manner. What I usually do is wonder up and casually rub my nose against it and plonk myself down and have a groom. A nap at this point is optional, and only really necessary if you're tired. Purrs


Hmm, this sure must have some strange beasties in it, I can smell some sort of hairy monster, and a hound of immense proportions. Ooh, and a mystical cat too. And definitely mice!

EEEK!

It's worse than I thought, theres clearly a huge mysterious fantastic creature in that there case, part dog, part cat and part mouse. In fact if my olfactory senses don't deceive me, it eats nip too. MOUSES!

Right there is nothing else for it, I'm going in!

****** Zipper sounds ******

Ah-Ha! Come out ol' fantastic beastie I've found you....

Oh....

OH?!?!

Well that is all rather disappointing, just some NON fantastic plastic bags, and NO secret compartment. Mouses!

Clearly peep isn't that magical after all. There goes my ticket to free cream!
Mind you there are still those strange smells to account for. Definitely a dog and cat smell in this bag, and undoubtedly a nip mouse and nip smell in this little bag.

Best have a peek inside and see what sort of creatures have....

****** Sound of portcullis closing ******


Hi peepers, I was just... er... checking out this here bag for illegal migrating beasties, of the peep eating variety. I mean I don't want you getting arrested going to BlogPaws, or being eaten, or both now would I?

What's that, ol' muggly one? Presents you say? For me?


Present time for Erin....


For ME!

Ooh well why didn't you say so. Come on then lets have a look?

WOW and WOW again, this wonderful! This has to be the most wonderful pillow.... I shall correct myself, this has to be the most awesomest cushion for my royal feline body that I have ever seen.

Oooh it has tassells too!

AND a mouse!

AND a crown with my name under!

Cor blimey!

Ahem, sorry about the language there, MY WORD, this is a delight. I need to send Auntie Suzie B a card thanking her for all her croquet prowess, it sure can't have been easy doing such fine work with those mallets. Purrs

What's that peep? CROCHET you say, as in knitting? Like cats cradle? Wow, that is even more impressive, I bet she used all her fingers, toes, and opposable thumbs to make this!

What's in the other bag? Come on, don't leave me guessing, I think I can smell nip.

Is it a jumper? You know I've been hankering after one of those new wool/nip blends, to go with my wool duvet.

What? No? Oh well, shame that, they are quite the thing on the London Court Social Catwalks. Purrs

Go on then open it up and lets see, it smells divine....

WOW! It's arrived, my prize from the Bionic Basil and Kit Knit CosPlay giveaway. This is a supersize, super knitted nip mouse in funky colours! And the prize also included a supply of Bionic Basils secret stash, premium crux, XXX strength, home grown nip!

Whats a princess to say but, I LOVE IT. I can see myself falling in love with this mousie, very soon. 

Peep, send out a missive to Kit Knit CosPlay, and request another dozen in assorted multi colours. Hmm, better open an account too, and order two dozen. I think some serious product testing is in order, just to find the right colours. Purrs

Just one thing, peep, where did that doggy, and the cat smell come from?

From Auntie Suzi you say? You mean she's part dog, cat and mouse! Wow, that makes doing that crochet even more impressive. Mouses!


What's that?

Oh I see! Rollo, her faithful hound, was guarding it for me, and Grandpa Cat Tom, her trusted 20 year old feline companion, was the chief comfort tester.

Well that explains it, and great to know my cushion had the manufacturers seal of approval and security.


OK, I think that's enough excitement, for you peep, why don't you head on up to bed with a cocoa, and I'll be following in a bit. Once I've test driven the new nip mousie, and held an extraordinary meeting of the Palace Cushion Committee. 

Who knows, it might turn into an all night party... er... SITTING!


                                                 Fine



It's Sunday Selfie time!



Please join me now as we enter the Sunday Selfies hosted by the fantastic 

Kitties Blue: XOCK, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Angel Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth, Calista Jo, and Cooper Murphy, from The Cat on My Head blog 












The Sunday selfies is a wonderful weekly celebration of blogs and bloggers from across the world, and shares stories and pictures for others to enjoy. 


Why not join the fun, by adding the code, from our hosts, a link is on their page, and posting your own selfie.





This weeks selfie, well 4 selfies, are with my new nip mouse. 

Alas, the censors didn't allow the 4th to be shown, well this is a family blog! 

To see what all our pals have been up to this week, please click the links/images below, and enjoy the HOP!




66 comments:

  1. Good morning Erin. Enjoyed your selfies and adventures. Hey hope that "Lola" book arrives soon so you can read it to your human!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi guys, glad you enjoyed the almost magical adventure. I need to get peep to re-order that book, as at this rate I'll be getting it at Christmas. Mouses!
      Purrs, Erin

      Delete
  2. Dang Erin, you don't need a magic stick when you have a magical Royal pillow! Nice selfies indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brian, I think you may be right, that pillow may turn out to be magical in it's own right, like a flying pillow. That would be way cool, and more fun than a rug!
      Purrs, Erin

      Delete
  3. AMARULA: ha ha!! muggical--I love it--that pretty much describes my human too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muggical is probably less fun, but I bet way safer than my peep would be if given one of those magic sticks to play with. Mouses!
      Purrs, Erin

      Delete
  4. That is definitely a pillow worthy of you , your highness. How cool that it has a crown and a mouse. Cute selfies too! XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, It is fantastic, just like those beasties I thought I might find, and in truth more fun. Purrs, Erin

      Delete
  5. That is such a pretty pillow and a really cute nip mouse! It sort of scares me to think what you might do with one of those magic sticky things :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peep said there is a limit on the amount of cream and mice you can conjure with those sicks, sort of like the credit on mobile phones, so I won't be able to run up a big bill!
      Purrs, Erin

      Delete
  6. Erin, that pillow is worthy of a princess! Oh, wait, you ARE a princess, so it is worthy of YOU! :)

    We hope your copy of Rescued Volume 2 arrives soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thank you, that pillow is going to be reserved for state banquets and the like, and of course for special guest to use when the come to tea, I don't think HRH ER II would be adverse to using it?
      Purrs, Erin

      Delete
  7. The home in the song does sound wonderful and so does El Creamado. I enjoyed reading about everything going on at the Palace and see all the pics of you. That is a beautiful pillow. It's perfect for you! Your new nip mouse is cute. Too bad we can't see that 4th pic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yes a home on that range does sound good, but I'm not entirely certain they have the sort of mice I like?
      Alas that 4th pic shall forever remain deleted. Too gory for a family blog MOL
      Purrs, Erin

      Delete
  8. Hello Princess Erin - it iz I, Lady Shasta. Well it took sum time butt my mom FINALLY came thru with Ann of Zoolatry'z artistik talent an'got me a new home fer my blog. Thank-u fer providin'sum inspirashun.

    I haf a queschun'bout that last pikchure of your Sunday Selfiez - r u laffin'bout sumthin'or yawnin'? An'even tho I am a woofie, I think your new nip mousie iz furry much cute. An'your new cushun lookz furry much comfy - that iz definitely worthy of a princess like yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shasta, I have been admiring your new Palace and the grounds, most befitting of a fine canine Lady such as yourself. As to that picture, well, I was just about to eat... er... show little mousie how good my dental technician is! Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  9. Oh my mouses! OH MY MOUSES! Erin, did you find those magic sticks anywhere on E-Bay yet? I'll be wantin' to order up one of those, too. purrs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Seville, alas that magic stick is eluding me. I've sent peep out multiple times so far but all I now have is a pile of kindling. Clearly peep is trying to fob me off with a cheap knock off copy. Mouses!
      Purrs, Erin

      Delete
  10. Concats on winning that big mousie from Basil! Your new pillow is lovely too. Very fitting for you, your Highness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it's a lovely prize, and one I think I'll definitely have to order more of!
      purrs, Erin

      Delete
  11. 6 month delivery option??? Oh my! You will *love* Rescued 2. It's absolutely pawsome, and so is your cute new mousie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, still waiting! I'm really looking forwards to Rescued 2, the first was so inspirational. It's a great mousie, and a definite must as a stocking filler, but I'm not sure it will last that long!
      Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  12. Erin! Darling! That last selfie...of yous getting ready to chomp...it looks like that whole nip mousie will fits inside your mouth!
    And mes is totally impressed with your pillow! Mes has told my Mommy she should puts away her embroidery for my human Aunt Diana and crochets mes a Queen Nellie pillow (with tassels like yours)
    Kisses
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nellie, I can ask Suzi B to see if she will make you one if you wish? Drop me a line if you do...
      MOL, that nip mouse wouldn't quite get in, I did try my best, honest!
      Kisses & Purrs, Erin

      Delete
  13. Yur new pill-oh iss furabuluss ERin gurl...toe-tallee YOU!!!
    An yur new 'Nip mousie iss luvley all so....
    Issn't it wunderfull to reeceive giftss????? An a Purrincess such as yourself should all ways bee given giftsss!!!!!
    Pawsum selfiess all so....
    Yur furend, Siddhartha Henry =^,.^=

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Prince Siddhartha Henry! Thank you, they are mighty fine gifts, and more than I expected, and a lot safer than some of the beasties in the suitcase on TV!
      Purrs and nose rubs from your friend, Erin

      Delete
  14. Aaaaaaaaw Erin, we luv your selfies. But then again, we luv all your fotos. You be really gawjus. Sounds like you've got lots goin' on there. Wish we could help out some way. Have fun. Big hugs fur all

    Luv ya'

    Dezi and Raena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dezi Hi Raena, glad you loved the photo's. You always take wonderful photo's too, which is what makes the Selfies so much fun!
      Big hugs and Purrs. Erin

      Delete
  15. This is close to perfection. We love this!

    The pictures of the Princess with her mouse really made us smile too!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Thank You, high praise in deed, and I am so glad you enjoyed our little fantastic adventure 🙂
      Purrs Erin

      Delete
  16. Erin, you look very pretty in pink (and with your mousie!) We love you beautiful pillow :)

    the critters in the cottage xo

    P.S. Love the new blog look :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI guys, thank you that mousie is really cool, ahem, especially with the extra teeth marks it seems to have acquired. MOL Thanks, Capability Ann, at Zoolatry, has done a wonderful job sorting out the palace gardens for the Spring Show.
      Purrs, Erin

      Delete
  17. Man!! We thought we were lucky with our belated Christmas present but you scored big too with that gorgeous pillow that captures your grandeur perfectly!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just couldn't believe it myself. There was me expecting monsters and the like and I got something even better, real nip and a royal cushion for my throne. I'm still trying to find that secret compartment in the suitcase!
      Purrs, Erin

      Delete
  18. OMCowKittiness, Erin...if I didn't knew you better, I would say you have been spoilt all over, but as you're a princess, with a royal pillow and mousie and more prezzies, I think you be in the lap of luxury😎 Now do you want some furresh nip out of my garden? It grew since it was raining yesterday😹 Pawkisses for a wonderful week ahead☺❤ Btw Your pictures were all gorgeous☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Binky, it was a rather smashing set of gifts I got. Now as to that nip, I'll be right over, once I can sort out how they do that apparating in the Harry Potter autobiography.
      Purrs, and head bumps to you and Granny. Erin

      Delete
  19. Are you going to try and stow away in that suitcase, Erin, and go to BlogPaws too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm it was a thought, but I have a plan. All it needs is a little magic!
      Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  20. That pillow is very special--and if you get bored, it looks like you could pick it apart with a carefully applied claw! The Human went to see FBAWTFT in the moobie theater but she definitely has not brought home a coopy for the kitty to watch. Figures. XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Spitty. That sure could happen if I ever get bored in the committee meetings. I do have a crack crochet repair team on stand though, just in case things get a bit frayed. What! no copy? I suggest you head on over to that Amazon place and have on streamed to you majestic person, posts haste!
      Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  21. Oh wow Erin, we lurve your crochet cushion, it's tres magnifique!!! And we are so happy mew like the Kit Knit Kuddly Kat and nip, and yes that my special home grown extra, extra primo nip mew got, so when mew get low let me know and I'll send some more! MOL MOL Don't let the kraken near it, as ours is a bit of a nip fiend, it fell in the pond aftur it's last nip session and the froggies were catapulted into the air... luckily we caught them and promptly rehomed them on level 8 in the bunker with Horice! MOL

    Bestest purrs

    Basil & Co xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I never realized Kraken had such a fondness, I shall be extra care in future. Despite her green tentacles, probably best I don't put her in charge of growing this years nip crop! Flying frogs, that really does sound fun but only if the frogs get caught. Mouses!

      Delete
  22. Those are some pretty cool presents, Erin. We got one of those knitted mice/cats from Basil and Bear LOVES it. I've told Bear he's not allowed to share with you how to un-stuff pillows ... but I have full confidence that you'll figure it out anyway ;) I'm super excited to meet your Peep at BlogPaws. If he has any questions, I'd be happy to answer them based on my experience last year. The one thing that made last year the least anxiety provoking is having a "conference buddy." If you have someone you plan to meet at all meals, etc, you never have to worry about where to sit or being alone. I'd love to be one of the Peep's buddies or a member of his entourage ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Drat, I had hoped to share some of my hunting skills in return for de stuffing lessons. But it is really too nice to do that to. Now that is a great offer, thank you, any help we can get peep the better. Cathrine Garnell is acting as chaperone and we are fitting peep with a tracking device in case gets lost in the airplane hold! Purrs, Erin on Fantastic Beasties and where to find them!

      Delete
    2. It'll be all good in Myrtle Beach!!! MOL MOL

      Delete
  23. Very good read and great pictures! Thanks for sharing :)
    Henry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and so pleased enjoyed our everyday tale of life at the Palace.
      Purrs, Erin

      Delete
  24. We've seen that documentary, too, and it was a pretty good one. :-) Looks like you're enjoying that nip mouse. Possibly too much if one photo had to be censored?!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I can safely say you are right about the mousie! And it was a lot easier than chasing and invisible beastie. I'm fairly certain I have one of the invisible ones loose in the Palace, and it's eating all my treats. Well thats what I'm putting it down to. MOL!
      Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  25. Erin dearest, you have the best imagination of any cat I know! Too bad your peep's soot-kays didn't truly have any splendid magical beasts. Now that would have been something to pay the keyboard about

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I say! I just seen that your peep dropped the i Phone in the toilet, I hope the little mite knew how to swim?
      Anyways, fear not, I guessed this was from you, Savannah. Alas I must confess that I was a bit disappointed about that case being un-magical. Maybe next trip to BlogPaws we can look for a magical set, one that maybe can apparate me there too!
      Purrs, Erin

      Delete
  26. oh my I do hope my comment shows up as "from me" and not Mom L. Dropping my iPhone in the toilet did not help whatsoever since she never recalls pawwords and suchnot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I say! I just seen that your peep dropped the i Phone in the toilet, I hope the little mite knew how to swim?
      Anyways, fear not, I guessed this was from you, Savannah. Alas I must confess that I was a bit disappointed about that case being un-magical. Maybe next trip to BlogPaws we can look for a magical set, one that maybe can apparate me there too!
      Purrs, Erin

      Delete
  27. What a fantastic post! Where do we begin to comment?? OK, first, we have our Rescued Book and it's just FAB!! So many friends are in it. Second, We LOVE your pillow! It is SO you, Erin! Next... we don't get beasties around here. Just water bugs, which put Mommy in panic mode.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so pleased you enjoyed my post, it's all about life and beyond. RESCUED 2 is a great book, so full of life and meaning for us cats. Now as to Beasties, I have my own water bug, well actually it's a Water Kraken! She is a dear though, and lots of fun at a party.... unless you're the postman with a bill that is. MOL
      Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  28. MEOW! That pillow screams royalty and fits your regal lifestyle. Since there are only two females in The Tribe of Five, we're petitioning the humans for something similar.
    Purrs and Head Bonks,
    Lily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lily! Oh my, yes, every Princess needs to have one of these pillows. Should come as standard, that and free cream, nip, and mice... what more could a girl want?
      Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  29. Thank you for linking up to the Showcase! We love your song, Erin ... it's purr-fect ... just like you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I love being here with you all. The little song is about life and living, and whilst I am far from perfect, what with my liking for cream, and more cream, and mice and more mice, it is good to dream of flying. Thank you for having a lovely showcase.
      Purrs, Erin

      Delete
  30. Hi Erin! You still lookin' for beasties? PURRS.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Glad the suitcase checked out okay so your peep can have fun at BlogPaws!

    Thanks for joining the Pet Blogger Showcase!

    ReplyDelete
  32. So happy to have you joining our pawty Erin. Your song is a purfect pawty song.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And YAY! for linking up again and sharing Kit Knit CosPlay!

      Delete
  33. Just wanted you to know we chose this post as a featured post from the last Showcase :)
    http://mommakatandherbearcat.blogspot.com/2017/06/pet-blogger-showcase-06032017.html

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a PAWTASTIC mousie, Erin! And great idea to do selfies with him.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I hope your book comes real soon. It's so hard waiting for something good to read.

    Thanks for joining the Pet Blogger Showcase!

    ReplyDelete