Saturday, 8 April 2017

Spring time...

© ERIN THE CAT PRINCESS.BLOGSPOT.COM


 Hi yer peepers.... what you doing?


****** Pained scream ******

Ooops! Sorry peep, slight miscalculation on the touchdown there, on your part that is. What you doing in that part of the bed? You're not usually THIS side of the bed at THIS time of day... er... night! I do hope my claw didn't make too much of cut? I had them especially sharpened to be supper efficient. 

What's that you say? It's super rather than supper?

Well if you'll pardon me for saying, but I did mean supper, on account of me using these here claws to get supper. And it's absolutely no different to you using a fork to stab the film on that ready meal, which is I suppose because you, peep, can't catch anything unless it's packaged. At least my way is far more fun and eco friendly. Purrs

Anyways, at least the red sheet wont show the blood, I can't have the housekeeper thinking I've taken to mousing in bed!

Back on track, before your elbow interrupted my train of action, you do know you you're getting up EARLY, don't you? I mean and hour early than your usual time. In fact it's still nighttime, and you should be in bed asleep.

Me? Why am I still up?

Well for me night is day, and day night. I do most of my best work at night. The Shadow they called me when I was... OK I can't tell you what I was else or I'd have to, you know, the ultimate sanction... just ask that mouse last week..... ummm.... OK NOT the best choice. purrs

Night is by far the best time for mice, and sparrows by day. And of course I'm compiling this here blog as I work. I sits, I waits, I thinks, I spies out the mousie, AND I thinks about the blog. True multitasking if ever I saw it. Purrs


The photo shoot......

Anyways if you're up, or at least thinking about getting up, you can sort out my morning menu, and then look at doing some work on my blog, AND I need some food setting for the Sunday Selfies photo shoot. 

Alas David Bailey has had to cancel this weeks shoot. "David" I said, "No problem. Mario Testino has said he's in town to do Kate and Will, so will nip over when he can." I did want to invite them ALL over for the selfies and scones, but being a young family with kids things are a bit tight time wise at weekends, what with going shopping and doing the laundry etc. and there is also the expense of running the helicopter 7 days a week. Maybe next time. Purrs

What's that peep, ol' stumpy one? You've lost an hour? A whole hour, you say!

That seems more than a mite careless of you. Have you tried all the usual places, like the sock and knicker draw? I mean that's where I found the tin of sardines that escaped your last fishing trip! 

On that subject, aren't you supposed to catch whole fish if you go fishing? Or is it nature has taken a radical step and evolved the pull ring can to aid the time short housewife and cut out the middleman?

OK so where did you last see this hour? Was it this week or last? ad which one was it? If its a small one, like one o'clock, then I bet we'll never find it. Those thin hours of the day see to fall down, through and into every nook and cranny you can imagine.

Maybe you used it already and have just forgotten about it? I'd say I do that too, to make you feel better, but I don't as we fine felines have an inbuilt calendar that counts for every bit of time and ensures we have a nap lined up to ensure best use. purrs

What was that? Springtime you say? What, do you mean it's fallen down the back of the sofa?

OH I see, daylight saving sort of spring time. Now why didn't you say that before! I was getting all excited about hunting down the back of that sofa, I did see a mouse run down that way last week!

OK, so this daylight saving, I take it you got a good rate of interest? I mean there's no point saving it unless you do.




Interest rates......

WHAT! Nothing? So whats the point of that? I mean I'm not a charity you know. I can't afford to give my hours away willy nilly! And shouldn't you have asked me before giving my time away, I mean this is a democracy, and I do have the last word. 

AND what hour was it? I hope you didn't give away a nice hour, one that had a sun puddle in it, or one that was premium hunting time. OR worse still, one that the chef serves up my teas. Mouses!




So who have you given it to? I do hope you said that you wanted it back in the same state as you lent it, and I want the same or better back in return. I hope it wasn't to a canine, I know they mean well, but I don't want it all chewed up!

Whats that peep, the Government have borrowed it? Haven't the got enough of their own, or is this some sort of new covert tax? I bet they'll be charging us for giving it back, or worse still frittering it away on fancy new Palaces of their own. We the public, your average Joe, Jane or Erin princesses just can't afford to do this. Mouths to feed and no financial support.

I'm going to complain to my MP, Member of Parliament or whatever she's called. It just won't do, not at all what the Great British public deserve. Peep, call my press secretary, and set up an appointment for next week. 

OH, and if there isn't any spare time, I found an hour last autumn that I've been keeping for emergencies, you can use that!



                                             ~~~~~~ Das Ende ~~~~~~








40 comments:

  1. You are so wise, Erin! You're definitely right about the British government :)

    Purrs xx
    Athena and Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, but it's just how I see life. Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  2. Those are darn good selfies and darn sharp claws Princess Erin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brian, I does like to keep them ready to go, at all times. You just never know when another meal might wander by!
      Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  3. Nice selfies, Erin! And we are super impressed at how you are able to multitask like that. All of that stuff, AND charting what you'll post about on your bloggie? Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you! Well, some say it's an art, others say its just comes naturally to them, but for me its lots of practice, and even more naps and also the right food. Has to be double cream.
      Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  4. Princess Erin, those are some pawsome selfies. You enjoy your Sunday and have a great week! Paws up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, all in a days or nights work for the busy Princess.
      Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  5. Great pondering on time...our human always says she wants a rebate for more weekend time when Monday rolls around! Purrs from Deb and the Zee/Zoey gang

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I does my best to ponder whenever I can. In fact I'd do more if they let me and I could have that hour back!
      Purrs, Erin

      Delete
  6. They stole an hour? You think that's what the Canadian government did a few weeks ago? MOUSES!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too? Wow, this is global and no mistake. I wonder where they keep it all? Maybe a large calendar somewhere, or Big Ben, maybe?

      Delete
  7. I love the black of your furs against the pink!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Princess pink is definitely a good choice for a Tux Princess, warm and invigorating, a lot like me. Unless you're a mouse of course.
      Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  8. You balance quite well there, Erin. Nice selfie! We had an hour stolen from us a few weeks ago. We sure wish they'd leave time alone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do think we should just start ignoring this clock thing and get back to just day and night. So much easier, straightforward and black and white... a lot like me!
      Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  9. How sweet of you to want to invite the royals, but royal or not, you don't want sticky little people at your palace. XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, yes those little ones would play havoc with the soft furnishings, and not just mine. MOL They could of course go and play in the kiddy play pen, next to the Kraken, she enjoys a good game of sticky fingers, well technically it's sticky tentacles!
      Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  10. That lost hour thing is just nonsense. Don't we get little enough sleep as it is?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right, time they started giving extra time!
      Purrs, Erin

      Delete
  11. Erin Princess cat, our humans really wished it was as simple as looking under the sofa or in the knicker draw for that lost hour. But alas, that hour is gone forever. Time is such a simple concept right? But the humans are always complicating things aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup time is easy to grasp, sometimes its day and other times it's night. Now if we just don't accept it exists, then we can't have lost it. Of course no time means no birthdays or holidays. Then again every day could be a birthday or holiday! I'll go for the latter.
      Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  12. Quite a balance you have, Purrincess Erin :D Hope you did catch the happy flying meal...MOL :D We will never get use of losing that hour, or let me say, our biorhytm has no rhytm at all anymore until Wintertime :D Sorry about the elbow that stood in your way of flying...MOL :D Pawkisses for a Happy Week ahead :) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I do like sitting up there, great view of the surrounding land. Alas no flying meals, just a cold breeze. It will take peep 6 months to get back into the swing of things, by which time it will be all change again!
      Pawkisses & Purrs, ERin

      Delete

  13. Erin , we love the little white splashes on your front paws. So sweet! :)

    the critters in the cottage xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you, I try to polish them each day!
      Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  14. Yup this moving the clocks about is such a pain Princess....time the put a stop to it I say,xx Speedy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, sure is. Maybe I will just not do it this year, and see if anyone objects? I'm sure the mouses won't.
      Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  15. I've always wondered about those packaged foods. Do they go flying about? Do they hide behind bushes? I mean, they have to come from somewhere, right? On second thought, I'm not sure I want to know how my Momma catches all those doughnuts and pizzas. The irony being that the more of both she eats, the less able she'll be to catch the next one as she's just that much fatter and that much slower! We love your photos, Erin! You DEFINITELY deserve the cover of the best magazines!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I here tell of an international ban on doughnut netting in the wild, and domestic farming is being limited to free range only. Might well push the price up beyond the ordinary buyer, so your peep would have to go cold turkey. Hmm, not as nice as tasty chickens but definitely worth encouraging. Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  16. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaw ERin, you are so bootyful. As fur dat extra hour ya' been holdin', is it fur sale or trade? Me thinks mommy could use it. Or at least Raena and me could. Kittens!!! Dinner's been late ever since dat ole clock changed. MOL Big hugs

    Luv ya'

    Dezi and Raena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Dezi, Hi Raena, alas that extra hour got lost by peep, well frittered it away in a reckless bout of sleeping! But if you need an extra hour and can hold on a bit, I'm told there may be a few going spare in the autumn!
      Purrs ERin

      Delete
  17. Erin Darling...yous makes mes laughs! Mes slashed open Mommy's lip last night...wes has white sheets and boy did Mommy bleed! She was saying many HBO words this morning as she tooked the sheets off the bed to puts them in the wash to soak to gets all the blood out! And she had to puts new ones on too, while mes was trying to catch some extra zzzs. Mes was NOT happy! Wes had Daylight savings come in a couple of weeks ago. My Mommy is now just getting used to the loss of that hour.
    Your selfies is spectacular!
    Mes wants to kiss your nose!
    Kisses
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nellie Dear, I does hope you managed to recover those extra zzz's, doesn't do to fall short on these things, and bad form on your peep to get in the way also, maybe it's a bug going around? Still, on the plus side the new sheets would be nice and comfy. Consider my nose duly available for kissing. MOL
      Purrs, Erin

      Delete
  18. Those are some beautiful selfies, Erin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, a Princess at work has to grab them whilst and when she can. same applies to mice, too! MOL
      Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  19. You surely must be the cutest, sweetest kitty blogging today Princess Erin. I luvluvluv your photos of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Savannah. Aww, heck, I don't know what to say I sure don't feel that cute, and sweet some days when I see my ears reflected in the water bowl. You have a lovely visage yourself, and one I'm sure makes your mom and dad very happy, and smile every time they see you.
      Purrs, Erin

      Delete