Saturday, 6 May 2017

The Test Drive..

The one thing I do hate about sharing a desk with peep is, sharing a desk with peep!

OK maybe that's a bit harsh, and it's not as though I actually have to share the same chair at the same time, no ma'am. In this Palace you learn to dodge heavy falling weights when you see them coming towards you, so I'd insisted on my own chair, set up just like I like it. To be fair, peep has one too, so all well and good on that front, and ne'er the derrière shall meet. Purrs

But things do bug me. In fact hairy spiders bug me, which is why in enforced a new decency code in the Palace, and insist that there are NO unkept hairy legs be on show during office hours. Purrs

Anyways, what bugs me, beside them spiders cavorting around the ceilings flaunting hairy legs, is the mess. OK, so I do leave the odd hair here and there, which is quite natural, and as I say to peep, hair today, and there tomorrow!

What mess I hear you say, and well you may. I being a simple feline have no need for sundry things around and about me. I am naturally clean and tidy, like most cats I have impeccable habits and never do anything I don't wish to or need to, even though to some this may seem to be laziness or lying asleep, this is just the economy mode, Eco friendly non invasive with a hint of AWW! kinda way.

I am just who I am, and if I need a dictionary I use a dictionary and put it back, if I need a drink I go have one and come back, and you certainly don't find be leaving bits of my supper lying over the keyboard. Nothing worse than seeing a foot, a tail, or feathers sticking up between the keys. Mouses!

But my peep, well everything seems to end up on my desk and is never cleared up. Old sweet wrappers,  bits of paper, coffee cups and biscuit crumbs everywhere. In fact the crumb situation got so bad one of the keys, the letter N stopped working. It has to be said those keyboards are made pretty well, but after a good ten minutes batting it around the floor, I managed to extract the N from it's little niche. Not sure why the others came out as well, but lets just say it made for peep having a fun afternoon trying to remember which way up they went. Purrs

Just the other day, I was blogging away, when I spotted some movement out the corner of my eye. Now ever alert for bit to eat, I started to paw my way through the clutter, and........

****** Backwards travelling in time to the other day...... ******

Hmm, I wonder what this is?

Small pinky red in colour and hard. Strangest nip mouse I ever saw, and I have seen a few in my time. I mean there was that one that was shaped like a banana, and another a walking stick!

I mean, have these peeps NOT seen a mouse? Sure are enough of them around these days, well enough anywhere but in this palace that is. Mouses!

Frankly, I may be a cat and have a natural predisposition to knowing what prey is, sort of comes with the built in memory, but you'd have thought they could have got that basic sorted.

If my peep can identify a mouse then I'm sure others can. Though there was that time when peep forget to put the specs on and had been talking to a pile of stockings by mistake, thinking they were me!

Best give this new one a quick run around the place see what it's made of.  Maybe its one of those preproduction test models, like the cars. Looks like it has some sort of gas jet pack built in. Bet this has some super strong nip inside and goes extra quick! Not that that has been on my mind at all but a girl can dream of fast mice and strong nip... or is it the other way round? Purrs

Well, no time like the present, I'll just get some practice in and see what this baby can do!

Note from the editor:- For those peeps listening at home, Erin is sporting her traditional black and white racing gear, white paws and a freshly sharpened set of claws, oh, and a glint in her eye. The new mousie, now called PINKIE, is the one in a pinkie red combo plastic outfit, with metallic jet pack trim. Erin provides the commentary....

"And they're off! Erin, Princess with the mostest, heads off with usual flair, taking this new test model for a spin, quite literally!

Oh I say, Pinkie gets a firm helping paw off the start line and takes a flying jump to the floor, bouncing on landing and makes a great start to evade Erin.

Not to be outdone, Erin, that's me for those listening in, gracefully leaps to intercept Pinkie. Dazzled by Erin's acrobatic prowess, Pinkie stalls by the door frame at the top of the stairs, stunned no doubt seeing that a cat, ahem, of such svelte figure, can fly!

OH NO! Erin has overshot the mark, and has slid onto the landing. Well this is a turn up for the books! Looks like that manicurist will be in for the high jump. Mouses!

Turning back to Pinkie, Erin gains traction and ground, and WHAM! A spectacular right hook. Ooh that has to have hurt!

****** P-fft sound, and puff of dust ******

Oh my, looks like Pinkie is breaking up! Yup that definitely is a small cap come off the end, and yes that was a puff of smoke too!

But she's a game little thing, and that last smack has send her spinning for the far wall and.... NOOO! she's missed and plunged down the stairs, this doesn't look!

****** P-fft, clunk clatter, P-fft, clickety click rattle, P-fft, P-fft, clang! ******

Well, looks like it's all over for Pinkie. That final bounce has broken her up and her jet pack has come adrift with more than a splutter of that dust. What a result for Erin!"

Aww, Mouses! Just as it was getting interesting, and I was starting to feel really enlivened too, like a breath of fresh air was surging through me. Oh well I'll tell peep to send this one back to the drawing board.

What that mousie needs is to pack a bigger nip punch in its jet pack. And maybe a happy face and a tail to liven up proceedings and make it look more mouse like.

Oh and if they want it to catch on, they really should think about changing the name to something that rolls of the tongue. I mean In-Hal-Er doesn't exactly take your breath away, now does it! Purrs


                                                ~~~~~ La Fin ~~~~~




I dedicate this weeks post to dearest Flynn, who so sadly left us last week, for pastures new. Fly free, sweet Flynn, hunt well, and enjoy renewed friendship with pals we have lost before.....

                                                        ~~~~~~ Donec iterum conveniant ~~~~~~



It's Sunday Selfie time!



Please join me now as we enter the Sunday Selfies hosted by the fantastic 

Kitties Blue: XOCK, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Angel Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth, Calista Jo, and Cooper Murphy, from The Cat on My Head blog 












The Sunday selfies is a wonderful weekly celebration of blogs and bloggers from across the world, and shares stories and pictures for others to enjoy. 


Why not join the fun by adding the code from our hosts, a link is on their page, and posting your own selfie.


In This weeks selfie I can be seen, ahem, 'test driving' the swatches for a new office colour scheme, Golden Double Cream and Princess Pink. Me, I think a hint of nip would set it of a treat. What do you think? 


To see what all our pals have been up to this week, please click the links/images below, and enjoy the HOP!


48 comments:

  1. We will all Miss Flynn Princess Erin,and yes a bit of nip would go well with the colour scheme,xx Speedy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall have some nip sewn into the duvet post haste, or as soon as possible after this post. MOL!
      Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  2. Thank you for dedicating this post to Flynn. We appreciate all of the love being shown for him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Flynn was quite a Gentlecat, an all round great guy and we'll all miss him, till we meet again that is.
      Gentle purrs, Erin

      Delete
  3. Hi Princess Erin......you are too funny sometimes. So sweet of you to dedicate your post to Flynn. So many losses recently in the blog world. Happy Selfie Sunday.
    Scout Charles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Scout Charles, like the sun and the rain, it is good to laugh, and good to cry too, but not too much of either. Have a wonderful week.
      Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  4. Such a sweet tribute to dear Flynn. Hey Princess, who mean desks are supposed to be neat?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Apparently so, them peep desks need to be empty to show how organised they are! My peep fails paws down, so I have no hope of being organised. MOL

      Delete
  5. OH Princess Erin you made us laugh and then cry with thoughts of Flynn. Thank you for your tribute post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, a little laughter and some tears are a balance of life. I hopes you have a lovely week.
      Gentle purrs for Flynn.
      Erin

      Delete
  6. Erin, you are so funny. The lady does not like hairy spiders either. No, MOL, In-Hal-Er doesn't take your breath away, but according to the big guy, that's a good thing. That's quite a mousie! I guess it was a good think the peep's desk was messy.

    Your fur looks lovely against those swatches.

    It was very nice your tribute to Flynn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, we all needs a little lift of late. Flynn was a grand and great guy, and we'll be missing him loads, though I do envy him chasing all those mousies! Have a lovely week.
      Gentle purrs for Flynn.
      Erin

      Delete
  7. Oh my mouses! That ol' Pinkie wasn't really up to the task.

    Hal, you say? You say his name is somethin' like Hal? Now what was that computer guy called in the book 'bout space? And the moon? And the spaceship? In 2001?

    Coincidence?

    MOUSES!

    Purrs,
    Seville

    PS. BEAUTIFUL tribute post for Flynn. PURRS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Seville! Yup, Pinkie bit the dust, in more ways than one! I'm waiting for peep to get a new version from the Dr. I have insisted that this one comes in a matching colour to my duvet.

      Oh my, you mean? this has all been an odyssey!? To think if I had hit Pinkie harder I might have been flying to the stars. MOUSES!
      Gentle purrs for Flynn
      Erin

      Delete
  8. Erin, we don't work at a desk, we work on the couch...which is also quite cluttered!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh. I would love a couch, but alas we have no room with all the clutter. MOL
      Have a lovely week.
      Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  9. That shade of pink is perfect for you, great selfie. Peeps can be quite messy. Flynn will be missed by all. XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I can't make my mind up on the Golden Double Cream colour, so will be sleeping on it, in the interest of aesthetics, for a while longer. MOL
      Gentle Purrs for Flynn...
      Erin

      Delete
  10. Princess Erin, I LOVE your stories! And this one was particularly excellent, as was your selfie!
    Love Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Barb, I am so pleased you liked this little escapade of mine. Never a dull moment in this Palace, well, there are but I give them to peep to look after! MOL
      Have a lovely week..
      Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  11. You are the most eloquent writer Princess Erin. And your selfie, well, what can I meow but that it is also eloquent

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Your Majesty, I tries my best to uphold the Royal standards.... sometimes I has to make do with peeps laundry. MOL
      Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  12. Oh yeah, peeps are messy creatures, aren't they, Erin? Good of you to help tidy up. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about it! I leave some of my guests around the Palace and it can be days before peep gets round to tidying up. Still with retirement looming I am expecting a much better cleaning service will be available.
      Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  13. You have given us some good ideas, Erin! Um...petcretry has a lot of mice like your pinkie, except ours are not pink...more yellow and black like a tiger purrhaps?!

    Nice colours for the new décor! Princess like indeed:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, now yellow and black sounds quite aggressive, like a hornet! I hope that you don't get stung by it! We have also Brown, and Blue, and I hope to have a Grand Prix race later in the year. All I need is some extra drivers and to send peep out on a date to the movies. MOL
      Purrs, Erin

      Delete
  14. A tail of dazzling brilliance, and huge excitement.

    I bet peep wasn't pleased when he found Pinkie......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and no, Pinkie was in the doghouse, and grounded from racing for two weeks. MOL
      Purrs, Erin

      Delete
  15. Love "spiders cavorting around the ceilings flaunting hairy legs." So funny :)

    Mum has a spider phobia so I try to keep a look out for her. I like to hunt them :)

    Purrs xx
    Athena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have them too!? I think they must have migrated from the Palace. Perchance have any of my mice ended up with you? Not to worry if they have, I just like to mark them off the missing in action list. MOL
      Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  16. Erin, our mom keeps her desk really neat. What fun is that?!?! There's hardly anything to whap off of it. Pffftttt!!!! And as for those hairy spiders...do you know that the mom catches them when she sees one and puts it outside? Egads! She really ruins all our fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, really neat sounds like a mess waiting to happen! Best opt for a middle path, and aim for a bit of clutter to one side, maybe by the pencils and pen holder. I find that that works a treat and nobody is left out of the fun. Purrs
      Erin

      Delete
  17. Your first picture is so cute, Erin. I have to give you a tummy rub first, before I join you to get one of those spiders🕷🕸😹 We're missing Flynn too, but we are sure he is in good paws now😇Pawkisses for a Happy Day☺❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the tummy rub, I don't oft get one of those. As for the spiders, I'm waiting fr the end of summer gut then I'll be busy rounding them up. Till then, I keep a weary eye on them hairy legs.
      Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  18. ERin.....spiderz iz bad; snakez iz werse and ta ran choolaz iz like deer cod save uz pleez...N ya mite knot wanna mezz with in hale urr...even tho pink IZ yur color....ya noe ~~~
    sum one mite get a wee bit ...upset ~ ☺☺♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my word! Spiders as big as deer! OK I'll maybe be giving the US a miss. I can't imagine pulling the legs off on of those is very easy! MOL
      Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  19. MeOW Erin, dat sure is a bright pink swatch. We really like da tan one. But hey, we like muted colors when it comes to da walls. MOL We think you're gawjus as always. And what a work out ya' got. Big hugs

    Luv ya'

    Dezi and Raena

    ReplyDelete
  20. Erin, we hope the in-Hal-Er wasn't hurt too badly in the pursuit :p
    Hot pink is a pretty cool colour for an office!
    And how would cats spend their purrecious time if they didn't have human messes to tidy up?!!

    the critters in the cottage xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Pinkie went back to the repair shop and apparently all is well... just won't be racing any longer!
      Hmm, I guess some of those messes do come in handy for training practice, and some do make a lovely napping spot. OK so I'll allow some mess, just not on my desk. MOL
      ERin

      Delete
  21. OMD/OMC Erin, you are one funny kitteh! Nows, I knows what you means abouts a messy desk! I don't, however, have my own chair (note to self, get Ma's plastic, and order one on Amazon....). I thinks that would be reallllly helpful snoopervising my bloggie. Don't gets Ma started on the spiders...she screams and flaps her arms like a little gurl! It's embarrassing!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, having a chair each is so helpful, especially if mine is a revolving one, I get to sit in and advise on the blog, have a 360 degree view on the spiders, AND maybe grab a nap too! What kitty can say fairer than that. MOL
      PS, as for the spiders, peep adopts a live and let live attitude..... just so long as they don't come within eight feet....
      Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  22. We miss Flynn too ... you did a beautiful tribute. Bear's "typing" involves keys flying off the keyboard and then batting them around until I can't find them. One day in particular, I spend hours looking for the x key ... and my space bar had been liberated so many times, it didn't work anymore ;) Thankfully, now I have a desktop with a regular keyboard and we haven't had an rescue missions.
    ps - you are super ferocious. Pinky is CLEARLY begging for mercy ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit, my peep is very good at breaking keyboards, and only this week I have had to get another. Apparently something to do with being a heavy two finger typist! Do they do replacement fingers for peeps, or do I just have to trade this one in?
      Thank you, I tries to be a super ferocious feline, to set a good example to younger readers. I do feel it important for readers to note that these games are for the skilled practitioner only, and not just for any tom or kitty. MOL
      Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  23. Oh yes, us peeps can be quite messy in the work space! My cats like to rearrange my desk more often than not though. And I love your selfie. You're a very good test driver.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A necessary feline skill is to be able to fathom the unfathomable mess peeps leave things in. Hence why need to have long naps mid way through sorting stuff. MOL
      Erin

      Delete
  24. A PINK Jet-Pack In-HAL-Er? We think Seville is right! Did it SAY anything? You know like, "I'm sorry Erin, I can;t do that." If so, BURY IT FAST!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't mean, IT WAS ALIVE?! Heck, I shall definitely bury it, better still I'll give it to a squirrel to get rid of, they're great at that sort of thing and nobody will find it then.
      Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  25. snicker—Erin you sure did give that there jet packin' pink mousie with no tail a run for its life! Most excellent

    ReplyDelete