Sunday 30 June 2019

Torn between. . .

Hello and welcome to The Sunday Selfies!    


     Before we progress, we just wish to offer our heartfelt condolences to Summer, and her mum, on the passing over the bridge of Binga, a feline lady with tortitude, and a passion for being where the action is, come what may. 

     Binga truly was, and will remain forever in our hearts, the feline that made life and blogging fun to be around, and showed that you can live life to the full, no matter the age. 

     I salute you, Binga, and thank you for being there with Summer, and Janiss as part of our daily lives and for bringing a balance to life.


© Janiss Garza, & Sweet Perfections


                                       ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


     We are joining The Kitties Blue, from The Cat on My Head blog, for the weekly celebration of blogs and bloggers from across the world and across the species.

     To join in, get the Linky-Link code from their website– add it to your page– and enjoy the hop!


     This week, my friends, has definitely been one of decisions. Like should we have more double glazing put in the conservatory? Though in fact, as Mrs H rightly pointed out, the question really should have been, should we actually have a conservatory installed? Then there was which napping spot to select. Should it be the Great Hall or, round in the kitchen garden by the mouse and veg patch—which I call the ready meal patch, MOL

     Anyways, my decision was sorted by the highly unpredictable weather, which meant that torrential rain and high winds or baking hot temps meant that the ONLY place to be was in the gamekeepers lodge by the front door—a place that gets lovely early morning warmth but neither rain or wind unless the prevailing wind changes.

     Alas this morning I found I had another choice to make, and was torn between the lovely turquoise sleeping pillow which I purloined from Mrs H, the S scratch, or my SleepyPod daybed.

     In true feline fashion I decided on none, and chose the spot in between and a nice sun splash that had worked its way through the door. Mrs H said I was just contrary. Me I say I am an open and shut book—black and white what you see is what you get.

     How would you describe yourselves and how does your staff describe you?






 

     To see what our pals have been dreaming about this week: be they hugs, rubs and scritches and treats in pursuit of the perfect selfie, please click the links below, and Enjoy the Hop!

36 comments:

  1. Well, sunspots are pretty irresistible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just as well I took the chance then as we now have none—and cold winds and threats of rain once more. So much for . summer days!
      Purrs
      ERin

      Delete
  2. We would have chosen the sunspot too, Erin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We think you found the purrfect spot!

    The Florida Furkids

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done, ERin! We would choose the sun splash, too. :) Like you, we think of ourselves as the open book kind of cats. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, clear princesses and princes too. I wonder if e like the same sort of open books, too? ;)
      Purrs
      ERin

      Delete
  5. MOL! It looks like you couldn't decide and just took the spot closest to all three.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That isn't far from the truth MOL. I did try each in turn but got worn out moving, so had a nap in the middle where the sun was strongest.
      Purrs
      ERin

      Delete
  6. That is such a sweet selfie dear Princess!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it was so very nice to have that little spot amidst the days chaos.
      Purrs
      ERin

      Delete
  7. Princess, that would be most excellent if you got a conservatory. I bet that handy Mrs. H could even build it for you. Mom and Dad have been pondering the idea of adding a screened in sleeping porch to the back of my house. Purrsonally, I'm all in favor as it could sun puddle and keep an eye on the squirrelygigs and birdies in a much bigger space. Let's keep our paws crossed for each other.

    Kisses to my black-and-white cover model. If you were a book then I would read you each and every moment of every day. Luv, V

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh! Now that would be quite an asset to your palace. May I suggest a turret or two to aid with the long range views and for watching the high up birds :)
      Awww, I best make sure I am the best, longest and most adventuresome of books then, my sweet prince, and that we can share adventures and save each other, too, as I am an equal opportunities sort of gal ;)
      Lots of purrs
      ERin

      Delete
  8. I wished I was a cat and also could do a 23 h marathon per day !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty selfie. Such sad news about Binga. XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and yes, another lovely lady lost to us.
      Purrs
      ERin

      Delete
  10. That looks like a wonderful spot.
    Have a great Sunday...

    Noodle and crew

    ReplyDelete
  11. The sunspot is definitely the way to go. We'll miss Binga SO much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give me sun over rain any day, well unless we are mid drought ;)
      Purrs
      ERin

      Delete
  12. Oh noes ~ sorry to hears abouts your furiend. What a beautiful kitteh. sendin' our loves and AireZens to her family.
    Erin, I thinks your selfie is pawsome my furiend! I say, keep the peeps on their toes, and never lets them know your next move! (which can be troublesome if you're a 60lb doggie who decides to turn left in front of them and they trip and fall on their arse. ☺)
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh, I see you have mastered the surprise turn, too. MOL I suspect you are far better than I given your size and the lead which aids the fun ;) Maybe I should grow a bit—what do you think ;)
      Purrs
      ERin

      Delete
  13. Thank you for your lovely tribute t Binga. I shall miss her sheer personality. She leaves big paw steps to fill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She will be dearly missed. A voice of the masses and a face that launched a thousand selfies—not all of them hers, granted, but she made everything so much fun.
      Purrs
      ERin

      Delete
  14. Erin, being royal means you must make big decisions! Looks like you know where you want to be always, however.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes the hardest choice comes from having a lot rather than a little. I have to admit just keeping it simple works for me.
      Lots of purrs
      ERin

      Delete
  15. We think you found the best of all napping worlds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I could have combined all three up in one I think that would have been the ultimate spot. As it was I just enjoyed taking the middle ground. Saves lots of arguments, MOL
      Purrs
      ERin

      Delete
  16. ERin; ewe look bee ewe tee uz; N if we had ta pix a room, we say go for de reddy meel patch
    ;)♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll see you over there, then, MOL Best bring your own ketchup as I think Mrs H used the last lot on her fish supper ;)
      Purrs
      ERin

      Delete
  17. I usually take the spot I have staked on the large Cat Lounger that we all utilize during warm lazy days. Yeah other days too but that sounded so good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did, and if it works I'd go with it too. Thankfully I have NO competition for the lounger, well not unless Mrs H decides to use it as a neck rest again during her yoga sessions ;)
      Purrs
      ERin

      Delete
  18. Stopped by to bring Pawkisses for a Happy Independence Day to all of you, sweet Erin������

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you. I am after all an independent lady and pawkisses are always most welcome—mice would be better but a gal can't have everything. . . or can she?
      Independance day purrs to you all, too.
      ERin

      Delete