Sunday 31 March 2019

It's Still All Gone at the Palace!

Hello and welcome to The Sunday Selfies!    



We are joining The Kitties Blue, from The Cat on My Head blog, for the weekly celebration of blogs and bloggers from across the world and across the species.

To join in, get the Linky-Link code from their website– add it to your page– and enjoy the hop!





And now here is my selfie for the week:-





     Well the headline last week was that "It was all go this week at the palace...." and I'm afraid to say that it is the same this week, too! BUT I am pleased to say it was a different sort of 'all go' than before. That dreaded Daylight Saving thing took place last night and I lost a whole HOUR of mousing time. On the plus side that did mean that this morning I was quite legitimately able to get Mrs H to feed me my breakfast an hour earlier.

     Quite right to, I say. Anyways, what I want to ask this week is: Why, if this is Daylight Saving, do I NOT get a good return on my investment? You'd have thought that even with low interest rates I would get at least an hour and ten minutes back come autumn/fall, now wouldn't you?

     Now this week's selfie shows yours truly keeping a weather eye on not only the weather, but whomsoever from the government pinched my hour, just in case they try to grab a bit extra!

      How have you guys been coping with the loss, or rather how have your staff been doing? Mine just get up at the same time, come what may, so really I don't get the extra fun of  disturbing  keeping them on their toes MOL.

     
     To see what our pals are up to this week, please go to the Kitties Blue site, or if available, click the links below, and Enjoy the Hop!


                                                     And Finally, but not least................

To see what Katie Kat has been up to this week, do hop over to Savannah's blog and see latest pictures and fun Memes that they have done.

Katie Kat is still looking for a new home and loving family.  If you know anyone that would like to give delightful Katie Kat (seen here in the picture below) a new home, then please DO contact Contra Costa Humane Society in Pleasant Hill, CA, USA at 925-279-2247. .  Katie is currently lodging with Ms Savvy till some kind soul can offer the safe and mature sensible and calm home home she needs.....


30 comments:

  1. Our clocks chance in a week or two and this will cause me SO much confusion I will take weeks to catch up. * sigh *

    I wish we could save our daylight it would be nice to have some to spare - right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, yes it is so confusing as you go back again I guess? Still, you have a nice summertime at the moment.
      Purrs
      ERin

      Delete
  2. My hour was stolen too, but it didn't fool me and I stayed in bed for an extra hour!
    That is a very nice selfie in the sun, and it does seem to be making more and longer appearances lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Staying in bed sounds just right, and quite the feline thing to do.
      Purrs
      ERin

      Delete
  3. We had our clocks change already so are used to it. That meowed the week after that change Dad was dragging and we were WAITING for our morning meals. And the banks stealing our hours interest, dont get us started on that.
    Timmy and Family

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Mrs H is just working through it as it happens and will soon catch up, minute by minute. Working with nature and not the clock does seem to be the key to all things :)
      Purrs that your food service resumes as normal.
      ERin

      Delete
  4. We lost that hour a few weeks ago. We're still looking for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beside a firm letter to the Times newspaper saying we should stop this fuss and bother, I am so over the whole thing and just carry on as normal— working with nature and the sun and moon.
      Purrs
      ERin

      Delete
  5. That's a wonderful selfie sweet Princess! Hmmmmmm, you lost an hour and we lost one earlier...I smell something fishy going on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fish, you say? Hmm I wonder if them piscine not having clocks has made them pinch our time?
      Purrs
      ERin

      Delete
  6. Time changes are hard, but your darling selfie shows that you are taking it in stride beautiful Princess!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It ain't easy taking extra naps and such like to make it look this easy, I can tell you, MOL ;)
      Purrs
      ERin

      Delete
  7. We love that selfie, Erin. And we can relate ... that was how we were when we sprung the clocks forward here, too. :)

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Maybe by autumn things will have caught up, MOL
      Purrs
      ERin

      Delete
  8. Oh Princess, that is smart thinking. It is disappointing that time gets changed where you live, too. Mom and Dad changed our clocks last month. I think we pussycats should just sabotage all the clocks in the world and teach humans to go by our natural clocks, which is the only accurate account of time. If I had a mousie for every minute that those mechanical clocks messed with over the years, my house would be bulging at the sides full of mousies. Tee hee hee. Kisses for you my dearest luv. -Valentine (& Kerry) of Noir Kitty Mews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WellI have to agree Val, a whole natural approach to things would be far better than this mucking around. Now we must talk about getting compensation for all those mice you have clearly missed out on due to the time change—just think of all the fun we could have making up for lost time with such a huge payout :)
      Pawkisses and transatlantic smoochies to my sweetheart
      ERin
      XOX

      Delete
  9. Great Selfie! Mom wants to snorgle your tummy!

    The Florida Furkids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Best wait until we catch up on the time before snorgling, just in case I'm still a bit ratty from lack of sleep, MOL

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Feel free, but do give me some warning just in case I'm in the middle of some dream chasing mice, MOL
      Purrs
      ERin

      Delete
  11. We feel your pain, we hate daylight saving too ! Lovely selfie ! Purrs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Oh for common sense and just standard time all round. But of course we live in Europe so there is precious little of that at the moment, MOL
      Purrs
      ERin

      Delete
  12. Lovely selfie, Erin!

    Moody Gothy Mum not a fan of extra daylight but I don't mind it. I enjoy sitting in sunpuddles :)

    Purrs xx
    Athena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But it sure beats winter glum and depression! Just think if we had more we cats would all get to be more happy and healthy.
      Purrs
      ERin

      Delete
  13. That's one glorious tummy, Erin!

    ReplyDelete
  14. We had an hour stolen and now mother nature has swiped our spring time and brought cold back!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great selfies sweetie!
    Have a wonderful day...

    Noodle and crew

    ReplyDelete
  16. Erin! Daring! That is the best pose EVER!!!
    Purrs
    Marv

    ReplyDelete
  17. We wish they'd stop with the time change thing twice a year, Erin. Can't you use your exalted position with politicians to make it happen?

    ReplyDelete